Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-04-2021, 01:50 AM   #3681
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Been play Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order this week. Nice to play a bit more of a linear game after sludging through the last bit of AC Valhalla, while still getting to enjoy some nice wide open views. Bought some new gaming headphones and the sound is pretty amazing. For an older-gen game it looks pretty darn slick too.

Also love how Ian from Shameless is the main character. Him and BD-1 have great chemistry. Feels like Mickey is going to appear at any moment....
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:04 PM   #3682
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Been play Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order this week. Nice to play a bit more of a linear game after sludging through the last bit of AC Valhalla, while still getting to enjoy some nice wide open views. Bought some new gaming headphones and the sound is pretty amazing. For an older-gen game it looks pretty darn slick too.

Also love how Ian from Shameless is the main character. Him and BD-1 have great chemistry. Feels like Mickey is going to appear at any moment....

I played through this back in December and really enjoyed it. I've played lots of difficult games over the years but never a soul-like game. I found Fallen Order to be a good challenge and quite a lot of fun. Very much looking forward to the sequel.

Picked up Nioh 2 on PC a couple weeks back and as a big Ninja Gaiden fan I am loving it. There is so much depth in the game.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:54 AM   #3683
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah Nioh 2 was kind of overlooked last year. IMO the gameplay is superior to Ghost of Tsushima but maybe its difficulty level makes it less accessible to average gamers.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:47 AM   #3684
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Yeah Nioh 2 was kind of overlooked last year. IMO the gameplay is superior to Ghost of Tsushima but maybe its difficulty level makes it less accessible to average gamers.
I loved it but it’s just too busy. Something as simple as not making me rip around with a giant bow and a giant rifle and a giant sword on my back as I use claws would go a long way to making it more fun. Add in half of the screen being covered in HUDs and it gets old fast. Gameplay wise one of my favourites and it did seem to get a bit more like souls where instead of bosses that were just cheese crap hard they had patterns and things to learn. The first Nioh just had cheap bad bosses and that dragged it down.

I liked the depth but it felt like some of the depth was cosmetic. I can’t remember a single weapon where low stance was remotely useful.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:38 AM   #3685
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
I loved it but it’s just too busy. Something as simple as not making me rip around with a giant bow and a giant rifle and a giant sword on my back as I use claws would go a long way to making it more fun. Add in half of the screen being covered in HUDs and it gets old fast. Gameplay wise one of my favourites and it did seem to get a bit more like souls where instead of bosses that were just cheese crap hard they had patterns and things to learn. The first Nioh just had cheap bad bosses and that dragged it down.

I liked the depth but it felt like some of the depth was cosmetic. I can’t remember a single weapon where low stance was remotely useful.
This is my problem with Japanese games as a whole. Ridiculous weapon aesthetics, terrible HUD design, and extremely cumbersome inventory/menu systems. No matter how good the game is underneath I can never get past those issues
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 07:54 PM   #3686
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

2021 BAFTA Game Award Nominations:

https://www.bafta.org/games/awards/2...ations-winners

BEST GAME

ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS Development Team - Nintendo EPD/Nintendo

GHOST OF TSUSHIMA Brian Fleming, Chris Zimmerman - Sucker Punch Productions/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

HADES Development Team - Supergiant Games/Supergiant Games

HALF-LIFE: ALYX Development Team –Valve/Valve

THE LAST OF US PART II Development Team - Naughty Dog/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES – Development Team - Insomniac Games/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

GAME DESIGN

ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS Development Team - Nintendo EPD/Nintendo

ASTRO’S PLAYROOM Development Team - SIE Japan Studio/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

GHOST OF TSUSHIMA Development Team -Sucker Punch Productions/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

HADES Development Team - Supergiant Games/Supergiant Games

HALF-LIFE: ALYX Development Team –Valve/Valve

THE LAST OF US PART II Development Team -Naughty Dog/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

MUSIC

GHOST OF TSUSHIMA Ilan Eshkeri, Shigeru Umebayashi, Peter Scaturro - Sucker Punch Productions/ Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

HADES Darren Korb - Supergiant Games/Supergiant Games

THE LAST OF US PART II Gustavo Santaolalla, Mac Quayle, Scott Hanau - Naughty Dog/ Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES John Paesano, Scott Hanau, Alex Hackford - Insomniac Games/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

ORI AND THE WILL OF THE WISPS Gareth Coker - Moon Studios/Xbox Game Studios

SACKBOY: A BIG ADVENTURE Jay Waters, Joe Thwaites, Joanna Skorupa - Sumo Digital Sheffield/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

PERFORMER IN A LEADING ROLE

ASHLEY JOHNSON as Ellie in The Last of Us Part II

CHERAMI LEIGH as Female V in Cyberpunk 2077

CODY CHRISTIAN as Cloud Strife in Final Fantasy VII Remake

DAISUKE TSUJI as Jin Sakai in Ghost of Tsushima

LAURA BAILEY as Abby in The Last of Us Part II

NADJI JETER as Miles Morales in Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales

PERFORMER IN A SUPPORTING ROLE

CARLA TASSARA as Judy Alvarez in CYBERPUNK 2077

JEFFREY PIERCE as Tommy in The Last of Us Part II

LOGAN CUNNINGHAM as Hades, Achilles, Poseidon, Asterius, Charon, and the Storyteller in Hades

PATRICK GALLAGHER as Khotun Khan in Ghost of Tsushima

SHANNON WOODWARD as Dina in The Last of Us Part II

TROY BAKER as Joel in The Last of Us Part II
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:33 PM   #3687
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

I should probably buy Hades.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2021, 11:40 PM   #3688
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Yes, you should.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:38 AM   #3689
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Looking for recommendations of games that I might greatly enjoy but may have missed. I have Xbox One, Switch, PS4.
These are some of my favourite recent games:
God of War (newest)
Doom and Doom Eternal (too hard, gave up)
Tomb Raider (new Gen but not shadow yet)
GTA V (finished single, not into multi)
Inside (enjoyed but got stuck and gave up eventually)
Astro Bot VR (wow!!)
Titanfall 2 (really liked but didn't finish it)
Marvels Spiderman (awesome.. Almost finished it)

Hopefully that list will provide enough of my tastes to make some good recommendations. Thanks friends.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:45 AM   #3690
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ghost of Tsushima?
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2021, 11:13 AM   #3691
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Red Dead Redemption 2 is my favorite game of all time, I've been struggling to get into any open world games since because nothing comes close to it

RDR1 is still worth playing too if you've never played it
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2021, 02:42 PM   #3692
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
Looking for recommendations of games that I might greatly enjoy but may have missed. I have Xbox One, Switch, PS4.
God of War (newest)
Astro Bot VR (wow!!)

Hopefully that list will provide enough of my tastes to make some good recommendations. Thanks friends.
Horizon Zero Dawn is a must if you haven't played it
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2021, 12:11 PM   #3693
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Just bought it for the Switch, was gonna wait for a sale but decided to just get it. Didn't get a chance to play it yet but looking forward to it.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 12:15 PM   #3694
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
God of War (newest)
Astro Bot VR (wow!!)

Witcher 3 isn't on that list.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 07:20 PM   #3695
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup was just gonna say give The Witcher 3 a try, winner of the coveted CP Game of the Decade Award
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2021, 10:54 AM   #3696
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1369345471970443264
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2021, 02:10 PM   #3697
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

As expected:

20 Bethesda games being added to GamePass tomorrow! Edit: a few were already on game pass for console.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/...box-game-pass/

Quote:

Dishonored Definitive Edition (Console, PC, Cloud)
This complete compilation includes Dishonored, winner of over 100 Game of Year awards, as well as all of its additional content – Dunwall City Trials, The Knife of Dunwall, The Brigmore Witches and Void Walker’s Arsenal.

Dishonored 2 (Console, PC, Cloud)
Reprise your role as a supernatural assassin in Dishonored 2 – the next chapter in the award-winning saga by Arkane Studios. Play your way in a world where mysticism and industry collide. How will you combine your character’s unique set of powers, weapons and gadgets to eliminate your enemies?

DOOM (1993) (Console, PC, Cloud)
Doom introduced millions of gamers to the fast-paced, white-knuckle, demon-slaying action the franchise is known for. Relive the birth of the first-person shooter and experience the demon-blasting fun that popularized the genre. Doom includes Episode IV: Thy Flesh Consumed, with 9 additional action-packed levels and split-screen 4-player deathmatch and co-op.

DOOM II (Console, PC, Cloud)
Bring your trusty Super Shotgun and an arsenal of classic Doom weapons to bear against deadlier demons and the infamous boss, the Icon of Sin. Doom II includes The Master Levels for Doom II with 20 additional levels, as well as split-screen 4 player co-op and multiplayer.

DOOM 3 (Console, PC, Cloud)
Battle your way through a demon-infested facility before entering the abyss to battle Hell’s mightiest warrior – and put an end to the invasion. Doom 3 includes both campaign expansions – Resurrection of Evil and The Lost Mission.

DOOM 64 (Console, PC, Cloud)
Battle armies of demons in your crusade to hunt down the Mother Demon and stop Hell’s invasion. As you fight through more than 30 action-packed levels, be on the lookout for enhanced weapons and secrets to help you put an end to the demonic threat.

DOOM Eternal (Console, PC, Cloud)
Hell’s armies have invaded Earth. Become the Slayer in an epic single-player campaign to conquer demons across dimensions and stop the final destruction of humanity. Experience the ultimate combination of speed and power in Doom Eternal – the next leap in push-forward, first-person combat. The only thing they fear… is you.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Console, PC)
An epic, open-ended single-player RPG, Morrowind allows you to play any kind of character imaginable. You can choose to follow the main storyline and find the source of the evil blight that plagues the land, or set off on your own to explore strange locations and develop your character.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Console, PC)
Step inside the most richly detailed and vibrant game-world ever created. With a powerful combination of freeform gameplay and unprecedented graphics, you can unravel the main quest at your own pace or explore the vast world and find your own challenges.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (Console, PC, Cloud)
Winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, the Skyrim Special Edition includes the game and add-ons with all-new features like remastered art and effects, volumetric god rays, dynamic depth of field, and more. Also bring the power of mods to consoles. New quests, environments, characters, dialogue, armor, weapons and more – with Mods, there are no limits to what you can experience.

The Elder Scrolls Online (Cloud, Console)
Experience the award-winning story in a persistent Elder Scrolls world. Embark on an adventure that lets you play your way, go anywhere at any level. Battle, craft, steal, siege, explore and more.

The Evil Within (Console, PC, Cloud)
Experience a disturbing reality as you try to break free from warped machinations. With limited resources at your disposal, you’ll fight for survival and experience profound fear in this perfect blend of horror and action. Defeat insurmountable terror and experience the ultimate thrill by discovering The Evil Within.

Fallout 4 (Console, PC, Cloud)
As the sole survivor of Vault 111, you enter a world destroyed by nuclear war. Every second is a fight for survival, and every choice is yours. Only you can rebuild and determine the fate of the Wasteland. Welcome home.

Fallout 76 (Console, PC, Cloud)
Steel Dawn is the first chapter in the new Brotherhood of Steel questline, free for Fallout 76 players. Visit settlements populated with new NPCs and unlock powerful weapons and armor from the Brotherhood arsenal. Join in their mission to rebuild society and aid in securing valuable technology.

Fallout: New Vegas (Console)
Welcome to New Vegas. It’s the kind of town where you dig your own grave prior to being shot in the head… and that’s before things really get ugly. It’s a town of dreamers and desperados being torn apart by warring factions vying for complete control of this desert oasis.

Prey (Console, PC, Cloud)
Good morning, Morgan. Prey joins the Xbox Game Pass library tomorrow, taking you from the comfort of your home to the treacherous depths of space. As Morgan Yu, you’ll have to use your wits, weapons and strange powers to fight the alien threat that has overtaken the Talos I space station. Explore the station, upgrade your skills and abilities, and uncover the secrets of Talos I and the dangers within.

RAGE 2 (Console, PC, Cloud)
Dive headfirst into a dystopian world devoid of society, law, and order. Rage 2 brings together two studio powerhouses – Avalanche Studios, masters of open world insanity, and id Software, creators of the first-person shooter – to deliver a carnival of carnage where you can go anywhere, shoot anything, and explode everything.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (Console, PC, Cloud)
Wolfenstein sends players across Europe on a personal mission to bring down the fascist war machine. With the help of a small group of resistance fighters, infiltrate their most heavily guarded facilities, battle high-tech legions, and take control of super-weapons that have conquered the earth – and beyond.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (Console, PC, Cloud)
The year is 1946 and the Nazis are on the brink of winning World War II. In an effort to turn the tide in the allies’ favor, B.J. Blazkowicz must embark on an epic, two-part mission deep within Bavaria…

Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Console, PC, Cloud)
Set 19 years after the events of Wolfenstein II, BJ Blazkowicz’s twin daughters, Jess and Soph Blazkowicz — after years of training from their battle-hardened father — are forced into action. Team up with a friend to level up, explore, and complete missions to unlock abilities that compliment your playstyle.

Last edited by Since1984; 03-11-2021 at 02:13 PM.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 04:58 PM   #3698
Two Fivenagame
First Line Centre

Exp:

So I finally completed Sekiro. What a game! Maybe the best combat system I've ever encountered.

Started playing Curse of the Dead God's and it is a lot of fun. Highly recommended.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:26 AM   #3699
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'll second that, I got sick of Hades and Curse of the Dead Gods is scratching that itch.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Old Yeller For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2021, 09:14 PM   #3700
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Hm not sure I like Dead Gods much, I don't like how limited the stamina is, especially when even just my primary weapon eats it. Do you have to depend heavily on perfect dodges?