Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-26-2014, 09:13 AM   #201
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
My wife and best friend of 15 years passed away this morning. 33 years old, it's a cruel world. Hold your loved ones extra tight, because sometimes you just don't know how long you have with them.
I don't have the words to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I hope that the pain you are feeling will one day lessen and you can live life with a happy heart.
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prarieboy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #202
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

When I first read that I read it as "wife's best friend" ... the awfulness didn't even register at first. That's a horrible thing to go through, deepest condolences.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #203
terminator
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
My wife and best friend of 15 years passed away this morning. 33 years old, it's a cruel world. Hold your loved ones extra tight, because sometimes you just don't know how long you have with them.

I don't know what to say. I am sorry to hear this, the world indeed can be cruel. I am really sorry man, i don't know. I am sorry.
terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to terminator For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2014, 11:22 AM   #204
rayne008
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

My heart goes out to you
- shallow words I know but you will be in my thoughts. Stay strong.

Last edited by rayne008; 08-26-2014 at 03:05 PM.
rayne008 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rayne008 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #206
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
We're close to the same age and I can't think of much else since I read this. I hope for some measure of peace for you soon.
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2014, 05:51 PM   #207
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I feel for you, it is a threat that is all too real for me everytime I see my wife struggle to get into her wheelchair. But I also see some beauty in your post, you had 15 years together, and in that time you must have shared some truly magical moments together.

I also understand the anger you said you feel, I imagine it is some kind of transcend rage. Take the time you need, but don't retreat from the light for too long.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duruss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #208
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
So very sorry for your loss.
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to longsuffering For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2014, 09:57 PM   #209
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Having just lost a family member almost twice her age makes me wonder how you found the strength to post your loss so soon..and I agree, there's nothing fair about this planet.
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to T@T For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2014, 07:43 AM   #210
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T View Post
Having just lost a family member almost twice her age makes me wonder how you found the strength to post your loss so soon..and I agree, there's nothing fair about this planet.

I'd say a combination of shock, denial and disbelief, which I am still very much in. I'm still dumbfounded how everything we worked for can just end so abrubtly.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #211
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

What will "reality" TV think of next?

How about a man getting "Eaten Alive" by an Anaconda.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6112504.html

Quote:
In what just might be the most bizarre concept for a reality TV show ever, a man will be eaten alive by an anaconda.

Called, appropriately enough, "Eaten Alive," the Dec. 7 special features filmmaker Paul Rosolie being covered in pig blood and then swallowed by the snake, according to Entertainment Weekly.

Promo clips such as the one above show Rosolie putting on a special, and presumably protective, suit.

"You have to go head first," Rosolie says in one of the clips.

He's also tethered to something as he approaches the snake. Since the show has already been filmed and Rosolie has been active on Twitter, it's a safe bet that he is pulled back out again.

But some viewers are concerned about the fate of the snake, and are already protesting the show. There's even a petition on Change.org calling on Discovery to pull the plug.

"This is animal abuse to the highest degree and absolutely disgusting, and could kill the snake," the petition reads. "An adult green anaconda cannot fit the width of an adult man's shoulders into it's body."

Rosolie defended himself and the show.

"I understand that many people have questions," Rosolie wrote on his website. "All I can tell you now is that all my work is based around the fact that wildlife and ecosystems today, across the globe, are at a critical moment."

He said snakes are being threatened by hunting and habitat destruction.

"For those worried about animal cruelty, I invite you to research my work -- read my book," Rosolie added. "Then ask yourself: would this person ever hurt an animal?"
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #212
rayne008
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

^^

i'll wait until the 15 second GIF comes out.
rayne008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:11 PM   #213
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

The show is nonsense!

Quote:
We didn't buy it, so we checked with Frank Indiviglio, a herpetologist and author who worked with the Bronx Zoo for more than 20 years. He now consults with zoos and writes about snakes and other creatures.

"Nonsense; not possible," he told us in an email.
Quote:
Discovery hasn't explained what it means when it says Rosolie "enters the belly of an anaconda," and Indiviglio didn't offer further explanation about what that could entail, but some of the factors that would make that stunt hard to survive would be finding a suit that could survive the pressure and allow breathing while inside a snake.

Plus, Rosolie says he "would never hurt a living thing," so he would then have to get out of the snake without cutting it open, which is even more improbable.

We contacted Discovery to ask if they actually showed Rosolie being eaten alive and safely emerging without harming a snake, but they told us that they were not putting any more information out at this time.

The Discovery Channel has developed quite a reputation for passing off fiction as fact of late, especially among scientists. This has happened with Shark Week shows about monster sharks or mermaids — shows that misled people into thinking fictional creatures are out there. Other fake documentary gems have titles like "Russian Yeti: The Killer Lives."
http://www.businessinsider.com/disco...nsense-2014-11
Old 11-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #214
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I laughing reading all these comments about the Discovery Channel. Finally some scientists speaking out more publically about the crap they air.

Quote:
But one herpetologist dismissed the claim that he was eaten alive as “nonsense.”
“Not possible,” Frank Indiviglio, who worked with the Bronx Zoo for two decades, told Business Insider.

“Discovery has taken a real nosedive in recent years; more nonsense,” he said later on Twitter — an apparent dig at some of the channel’s recent documentaries that have been largely discredited as fiction. For example, its 2013 Shark Week documentary, which claimed an ancient shark species wasn’t actually extinct, continues to be slammed by marine biologists.

A call to the Discovery Channel went unreturned Thursday morning.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:43 PM   #215
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Sparky the Fairy Dog@FairyDogSparky
Follow

In December, @Discovery is airing a man getting eaten by an anaconda. Sorry @Discovery, @TheSimpsons DID IT!
Old 11-07-2014, 12:19 AM   #216
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
My most sincere condolences. This is something that nobody should encounter. You are blessed for those 15 years and so was she, I have no doubt. As little consolation as that is at this time, it is important. Please keep that in mind

Losses of dearly loved ones are hard and I have seen enough for my liking, although not this exact situation. Stay strong and embrace support from your loved ones.

Not sure how much a guy in the forum community can help, but my thoughts and best wishes are with you and your loved ones
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #217
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Missed this earlier, so wanted to pass along my condolences.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2015, 03:29 PM   #218
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Regulator75 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2015, 03:55 PM   #219
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ That was hilarious and cringe-worthy. I wonder if she was the person that uploaded it.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:01 AM   #220
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Please shoot her, pleeeeease shoot her.