Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2017, 10:21 AM   #1801
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm flying to Pittsburgh Friday for the Pats/Steelers game, hoping the Pats got the garbage out of their system. I haven't seen Brady play that poorly in quite awhile.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 10:42 AM   #1802
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
I'm flying to Pittsburgh Friday for the Pats/Steelers game, hoping the Pats got the garbage out of their system. I haven't seen Brady play that poorly in quite awhile.
Man I am jealous for sure, but here's hoping the Pats keep that garbage IN their system....

Go Steelers!
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank MetaMusil For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 10:44 AM   #1803
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
I hate you.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:45 AM   #1804
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Can he win without phantom PI calls?!?! He only got 1 or 2 last night.

I don't know if anyone can be afraid of a team that allows Jay bloody Cutler to put up that line.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:17 AM   #1805
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Can he win without phantom PI calls?!?! He only got 1 or 2 last night.

I don't know if anyone can be afraid of a team that allows Jay bloody Cutler to put up that line.
Silly to believe that NE is as bad as the team you saw last night.

It was a trap game for them with Pitt coming up this weekend. They may lose this weekend but they will be much better than anything seen last night. As it was they only lost by 7.

I hate the Pats as much as anyone, but to discount what they are and what they do based on a Monday night road game seems like fools folly.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:35 AM   #1806
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

A well rested Gronk will be back in the lineup as well. I hope it's a barn burner.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:44 AM   #1807
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Ouch.

Quote:
Last season, a kick that went wide right in Week 17 cost Colts kicker Adam Vinatieri $500,000. This year, the snow may keep Vinatieri from collecting an additional $500,000.

Vinatieri's field-goal percentage dropped to 88 percent (22-of-25) after he went 0-of-2 on field goals during the blizzard conditions at New Era Field in Orchard Park, New York, against the Bills on Sunday. He will receive a $500,000 bonus for making 90 percent of his field-goal attempts (with a minimum of 16 attempts) this season. He went into Sunday's game having made 95.6 percent (22-of-23) of his field-goal attempts.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...lis-colts-500k
Old 12-12-2017, 11:59 AM   #1808
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
A well rested Gronk will be back in the lineup as well. I hope it's a barn burner.
Yup they were really missing him. Cooks is dynamic - he was my favourite Saint the past couple years for a reason - but just due to his size, more physical CBs like that can shut him down. Which was very much on display yesterday. Pats will be just fine...unfortunately, ha-ha
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #1809
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

For as much as I don't want the Steelers to win (anytime, ever), I wish the Pats to win less, so Go Steelers?!? (gah, I feel like I just chewed a mouthful of Thrills).

That said, Antonio Brown winning OPY would be awesome. Not only because he arguably is the legit OPY (Brady - meh, yet again? Wentz - hurt. Wilson - lol) plus a wide receiver has never won it.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #1810
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Pats signing Kenny Britt to 2 year deal. Great WR depth heading into playoffs. 1000 yards + 5 TDs last year with Rams.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...o-twoyear-deal

"One week ago, Kenny Britt was stuck in the mud with the worst team in football.

One week later, the cantankerous veteran wideout finds himself playing for the greatest powerhouse in professional sports"
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MacDaddy77 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 03:33 PM   #1811
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy77 View Post
Pats signing Kenny Britt to 2 year deal. Great WR depth heading into playoffs. 1000 yards + 5 TDs last year with Rams.

"One week ago, Kenny Britt was stuck in the mud with the worst team in football.

One week later, the cantankerous veteran wideout finds himself playing for the greatest powerhouse in professional sports"
He's been awful or injured for the better part of 5 years. Last year looks to be a giant outlier.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:35 PM   #1812
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Aaron Rodgers‏ @AaronRodgers12
It's been a long road from that day to this, but I'm happy to say I've been medically cleared to return. Thanks for all the love, support, prayers, and well wishes over the past 8 weeks ❤️ and a big thank you to Dr McKenzie and our incredible training staff. https://www.instagram.com/p/BcoIJo2ljDF/
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 09:08 PM   #1813
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Aaron Rodgers‏ @AaronRodgers12
It's been a long road from that day to this, but I'm happy to say I've been medically cleared to return. Thanks for all the love, support, prayers, and well wishes over the past 8 weeks ❤️ and a big thank you to Dr McKenzie and our incredible training staff. https://www.instagram.com/p/BcoIJo2ljDF/
As a pack fan, obviously this is great to hear.

That being said, this year is pretty much over. They need to win out and get some help. The defense simply isnt good enough to beat 3 pretty good offensive clubs that they have left, so the comeback is likely all for not, but all the same watching him over Hundley is just fine by me and every other GB fan not related to BH.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:58 PM   #1814
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty sad article about ex-Chief Larry Johnson's struggles with what he believes is CTE.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/spo...=.d3b5b75ba8e8
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2017, 06:42 PM   #1815
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy77 View Post

I was in Nashville about 5 years ago for a game picked up a Britt jersey figuring he would be a big part of the team for many years......regret that decision Everytime I look at that jersey, should have went with Randy Moss
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:40 PM   #1816
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Pretty sad article about ex-Chief Larry Johnson's struggles with what he believes is CTE.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/spo...=.d3b5b75ba8e8
I don't doubt that Johnson could be having some issues from his days playing football. But he was a loose cannon in his early years. Still it's an eye opener for sure, and many others are also suffering similar things.

Still NFL running back is the one position in sports where if a player has one or two good seasons...hold out for more money. Chances are you will be out of the league by the time you're 30, and your body and now it's looking like your mind could be well gone by that time. For most players, unless you do like Barry Sanders and shock the world, you likely are out of the game due to being injured or cast off long before you want to be.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:39 PM   #1817
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another pretty good weekend of football other than tonight's game. Sunday looks like a great day to just crash on the couch and watch some great games with playoff importance. I'll be watching the Eagles/Giants game in the morning but Panthers/Packers is obviously the game to watch in that timeslot. Then in the afternoon you have the option of LA/Seattle or New England/Pittsburgh. I'll probably watch the former as it's pretty much a division title match but both games should be good.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:52 PM   #1818
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just realized the Rams could still miss the playoffs if they lose this week and then next week against the Titans and Green Bay wins out.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:04 PM   #1819
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the Titans lose to the 49ers they aren't making the playoffs. No way they beat Rams or Jags
Hockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:11 PM   #1820
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
If the Titans lose to the 49ers they aren't making the playoffs. No way they beat Rams or Jags
Yeah, I think they're going to be in tough but stranger things have happened.