Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2017, 09:14 AM   #721
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

You see this ongoing tire fire in Montreal and it just reinforces how lucky Stamps fans are to have quality individuals like Huff and DD guiding the team in Calgary.
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #722
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seeing Reed melt down on the sidelines like a baby as a head coach numerous times I can only imagine what it's been like in Als headquarters this season. The only thing worse than having Kavis Reed as your GM is having Kavis Reed as your GM and head coach.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2017, 01:05 PM   #723
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Comedy Central continues in Montreal...

@CPBeacon:
So Kavis Reed is late for his first press conference as coach and no one has the key to the practice field. #cfl

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2017, 01:13 PM   #724
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/09/13/cfl-cf...player-safety/

Quote:
TORONTO — Eliminating full contact padded practices during the season and moving to a longer, 21-week schedule are major advances that will reduce the risk of injury by delivering more rest and less physical wear and tear for players, says the Canadian Football League and the Canadian Football Players Association.

“Today, we stand shoulder to shoulder on the important issue of player health and safety,” said Randy Ambrosie, Commissioner of the Canadian Football League.
Quote:
The league and the players’ union have agreed to the following two changes:

• Effective immediately and for the 2018 season, the number of full contact padded practices allowed per team once training camps have been completed will be reduced from 17 to zero.
• Starting in 2018, the CFL schedule will expand from 20 to 21 weeks, to allow athletes more time to rest and recuperate between games. The schedule will still consist of 18 games.

This means each CFL team will have three bye weeks each season instead of two.

And while it’s impossible to exactly project the precise impact until teams have submitted their available stadium dates for 2018 and a schedule is put in place, preliminary modelling suggests the number of short weeks (teams playing on less than six days of rest) could be cut by two-thirds.
My only hope is they push the season up earlier.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2017, 03:53 PM   #725
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

David William Naylor‏@TSNDaveNaylor
Breaking: Johnny Manziel's representatives have activated the 10-day window that forces the Ticats hand to sign, trade or release him. #CFL
Old 09-13-2017, 06:22 PM   #726
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd love to see Johnny Football in the CFL as it puts the league in the news and I think he's a player that fans would come out to see because of his notoriety. The CFL suits his skills much better than the NFL but it's a matter of how committed he would be to put in the work. I don't think I would put my money down on him being successful up here but he's only 24 and I would rather these NFL cast-offs try the CFL in their earlier years rather than when they are too old such as Vince Young.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:31 PM   #727
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty sure he spends more than 53 Gs on hookers and blow on a good Friday/Saturday night. I believe it will be a circus if he comes up here.

Scratchingpost:
Quote:
Confirmed with #CFL that #Ticats only have to offer QB @JManziel2 a minimum deal (2 years at $53K per) to retain his rights for a year.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:09 PM   #728
Sert
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'd love to see Johnny Football in the CFL as it puts the league in the news and I think he's a player that fans would come out to see because of his notoriety. The CFL suits his skills much better than the NFL but it's a matter of how committed he would be to put in the work. I don't think I would put my money down on him being successful up here but he's only 24 and I would rather these NFL cast-offs try the CFL in their earlier years rather than when they are too old such as Vince Young.
The Ti-cats, a team so desperate they actually tried to hire Art Briles, said there were "too many red flags" when it came to Manziel. And that's coming from the team with demonstrably the worst judgement in the CFL if not all of professional football.
Sert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sert For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2017, 12:43 PM   #729
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
i think its great when NFL calibre players join a CFL team because they don't want to sit on someone's practice roster and really just want to play ball.

I don't think its great when the CFL takes on a player who doesn't play in the NFL because of personal problems like substance or domestic abuse.

I hope the CFL tells this guy to stay south of the border.

If Toronto and the CFL needs a star at QB - why not Colin Kapearnick for a season? Having Marc Trestman their probably makes that at least a possibility.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:31 PM   #730
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Hamilton is some kinda awful. It's a sight to behold.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:09 PM   #731
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Demond Washington is a goof. Disqualified for spitting.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:44 PM   #732
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gainey is not human. He's some kind of ball-hawking alien or something along those lines. LOL

Old 09-15-2017, 08:16 PM   #733
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Hahaha. CFL refs.

Hamilton clearly misses throw and player just dives to the ground and they call a penalty.

And game over. My god Bridge is terrible. That was only slightly less painful than Bengals Texans last night.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:18 PM   #734
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a bad play call from the 1 with the game on the line. I'd run the ball, but if you're going to pass you've got to have a few quick options available
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:19 PM   #735
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was an idiotic play call by Hamilton. Why would you ever call a deep end zone pass from the one?

Old 09-15-2017, 08:22 PM   #736
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Congrats to Bridge! First Canadian QB to win a start in 20 years!
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:25 PM   #737
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
That was an idiotic play call by Hamilton. Why would you ever call a deep end zone pass from the one?
For the same reason you wouldn't just hand the ball to Messam on the goal line when the grey cup is on the line ??????
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:20 PM   #738
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

James Wilder having a day against the Eskimos...184 yds rushing, 63 yds receiving and a TD.

Esks look entirely confused.....awesome.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:24 PM   #739
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mike Benevides is just not a good defensive co-ordinator. He was terrible in BC and I'm glad to see him replicating his no-goodness in Edmonton.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:38 PM   #740
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

By strict letter of the law, that is offensive pass interference.

Edit: Wow, the challenge by Trestman was successful, I wasn't expecting them to overturn the call on the field.