Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-06-2017, 03:14 PM   #2161
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
I'll hold off until Everton announce the deal is done.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...rton-agree-fee
which is reasonable. Stone (BBC), Ducker/Law/Wallace (Telegraph), Joyce (Times) and so on all say this is done and dusted though, and these are some of the most reliable football journalists in the country. Of course some less reliable ones will make try and create some late clickbait drama now.

Also, why would United brief the press (which they obviously did here) if it wasn't a done deal? Woodward would look beyond stupid if this deal went belly up ... in that case, they would have missed out on Lukaku AND Morata due to own stupidity, which would be a fireable offense IMO.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:07 PM   #2162
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stone's story quotes United sources as "having agreed a fee" but later in the same story he cites Everton sources as saying "no deal or agreement has been reach".
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40516483

But starting to look more likely as reports coming in of a medical in LA.

Edit
Also see the Guardian have changed their heading and story from my original link.

Bagor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:42 AM   #2163
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Leicester are favourites to sign Kelechi Iheanacho from City for £25m. Good move for him.

Remember a year ago when all those experts said that Rashford is going to suffer because Mourinho hates youth, and that Iheanacho is going to thrive because Guardiola loves youth? Yeah ... no.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:03 AM   #2164
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Leicester are favourites to sign Kelechi Iheanacho from City for £25m. Good move for him.

Remember a year ago when all those experts said that Rashford is going to suffer because Mourinho hates youth, and that Iheanacho is going to thrive because Guardiola loves youth? Yeah ... no.
Wow, to move to Leicester things must be desperate at City. I guess that with Pep continually signing or trying to sign attacking players though, he isn't likely getting a shot there.

On that note, poor Rashford. Looks like a good player and probably the real deal, but how much playing time is he getting with Lukaku coming in? It's tough for young players in general I guess because they can't be relied upon until they're proven.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:42 AM   #2165
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

nah Rashford is fine. This transfer is more of a problem for Martial, who'll definitely have to step up.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:41 AM   #2166
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
nah Rashford is fine. This transfer is more of a problem for Martial, who'll definitely have to step up.
You'd think Martial would be more or less gone if Lukaku is now their go-to guy. Hes played second fiddle to Ibra and now Lukaku, you'd think he'd want out.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:41 AM   #2167
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Martial plays in the left side, I dont think Lukaku effects him

Rashford does as well, but he can play up top too
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2017, 03:52 AM   #2168
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

done.

Manchester United ✓ @ManUtd
#MUFC is delighted to announce a fee has been agreed with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku, subject to a medical & personal terms.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWRuiuth...n-by=paulpogba
Old 07-08-2017, 06:57 AM   #2169
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Good signing, but that is so cringeworthy. I guess the odds of Conte leaving Chelsea are at 3/1 now, which is pretty crazy. Apparently he was really banking on bringing Lukaku back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2017, 08:08 AM   #2170
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

oh yeah, the cringe is real. But it's another confirmation of a done deal and I think Pogba was vital in convincing Lukaku.

at the end of the day, I'm extremely happy with the deal. Also because Woodward managed to give the finger to both Real and Chelsea in one swift movement ... Real thought Morata was Uniteds only option and therefore gambled on the fee, Chelsea thought they had no competition for Lukaku and therefore gambled on the fee. Then Woodward sweeps in and shafts both clubs. The man has received quite a bit of stick over the years, but he played this beautifully.

Rooney going the other way should also be official later today.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #2171
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
done.

Manchester United ✓ @ManUtd
#MUFC is delighted to announce a fee has been agreed with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku, subject to a medical & personal terms.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWRuiuth...n-by=paulpogba
Are they going to pay his bail and upcoming fine as well?

Quote:
Soon-to-be Manchester United star Romelu Lukaku was arrested in Beverly Hills on July 2 for disturbing the peace after police came to his rental mansion at least six times to inform him of multiple noise complaints about his "out of control" day party, reports TMZ Sports.
https://www.thescore.com/epl/news/13...ly-hills-party

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 07-08-2017, 08:25 PM   #2172
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The main thing I took away from all of the articles I read... Paul Pogba calls himself "agent p" and hashtags his own social media posts to try and make the nickname stick. That is like Robbie Savage's flow level coolness.

But I hope Rooney suceeds now. Now that he is away from one of the big money clubs would be a good story going back to his roots.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:28 AM   #2173
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 07-09-2017, 01:14 PM   #2174
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn. Really? Come on Klopp, you'd have to have pulled the trigger on this if you knew he was available.

Thats another huge win for Chelsea. Really good player who had a standout performance at the Confederations Cup and will likely step in for Germany's old-guard sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Chelsea have signed defender Antonio Rudiger from Roma, with the Germany international moving for a reported £34 million.

Rudiger, who can play at centre-back or right-back, has signed a five-year contract and becomes Chelsea's second signing of what is expected to be a busy summer.
http://www.espnfc.us/story/3153509/c...iger-from-roma

Its a good bit of cash though.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:03 AM   #2175
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya know he'd probably get a statue if he didn't ask to leave twice.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:55 AM   #2176
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rooney was late to his press conference

Not the best start

Every interesting where he plays and how much

I have a feeling he might have a bit of a renaissance, maybe not full year but at least a few months

If he has more goals than Lukaku after a month or so the stories write themselves
Old 07-10-2017, 11:28 AM   #2177
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Rooney was late to his press conference

Not the best start

Every interesting where he plays and how much

I have a feeling he might have a bit of a renaissance, maybe not full year but at least a few months

If he has more goals than Lukaku after a month or so the stories write themselves
They'd best get used to it. This is Rooney's retirement so I doubt hes going to take it all that seriously. Frankly, I'm surprised Everton, Koeman especially, even agreed to this farce.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:18 PM   #2178
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

hmm

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:42 PM   #2179
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
They'd best get used to it. This is Rooney's retirement so I doubt hes going to take it all that seriously. Frankly, I'm surprised Everton, Koeman especially, even agreed to this farce.
never got the feeling he had issues on the pitch with effort

even when he wasn't always looking in tip top shape he always gave 100%

playing for his boyhood club in front of his family, I don't see that changing
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2017, 04:50 PM   #2180
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Locke is just worried that this deal looks as good as it does for Everton, and that they're making some good moves this window. I mean they basically sold Lukaku for $75m and Rooney. That's a great deal for them. Throw a couple others like Pickford, Ramirez and next thing you know Everton doesn't look too bad. They aren't amazing but they're definitely trying and appear to be going in the right direction.