Exp:

Mike Goldberg is just the worst, so creepy
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2016, 01:07 AM   #1022
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

WTF? I recorded the prelims on TSN2 and the PPV and there is Soccer on instead of the prelims and the scroll says watch on Fight Channel or TSN GO. I am sick of TSN's coverage of UFC. Why even bother, they don't even try.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calgarybornnraised For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2016, 01:17 AM   #1023
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarybornnraised View Post
WTF? I recorded the prelims on TSN2 and the PPV and there is Soccer on instead of the prelims and the scroll says watch on Fight Channel or TSN GO. I am sick of TSN's coverage of UFC. Why even bother, they don't even try.
Yeah, it's pretty stupid. Three of the five channels had football and they had soccer and UFC sharing one. The smart and obvious thing to do would have been to put UFC on it's own channel in case the soccer game was delayed which it was.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:52 PM   #1024
Schultzie
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Disturbing photograph of Browne eye-poking Werdum last night.

And no, it's not Photoshopped.

NSFW!
Schultzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:22 PM   #1025
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 11:17 PM   #1026
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sonnen signs a multi-fight deal with Bellator.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/a...with-bellator/

Good signing for them.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:01 AM   #1027
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know if anyone else watched last night? A couple good fights, but that main event was terrible. I don't know anything about Landsberg, but she was supposed to be a world class Muay Thai fighter, who seemed to have a plan of turtling and clinching. I don't know if Cyborg actually got hit, but perhaps once or twice.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:19 PM   #1028
wontondestruction
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I don't know if anyone else watched last night? A couple good fights, but that main event was terrible. I don't know anything about Landsberg, but she was supposed to be a world class Muay Thai fighter, who seemed to have a plan of turtling and clinching. I don't know if Cyborg actually got hit, but perhaps once or twice.
It was like watching a man fight a woman, not entertaining at all. No wonder Rousey refuses any fight higher than 135.
wontondestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:53 AM   #1029
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Conor VS Alvarez to headline UFC 205 in NYC.

Eddie will destroy Conor. If I was a betting man, I'd put everything on Eddie.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/27...adline-ufc-205

More photos on Flickr
Old 09-27-2016, 08:42 PM   #1030
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Aldo requests to be released from his UFC contract, willing to retire.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/27...e-from-the-ufc

More photos on Flickr
Old 09-27-2016, 09:42 PM   #1031
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't say I blame him. The way Dana and the UFC have handled this is bull####.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2016, 09:50 PM   #1032
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I can't say I blame him. The way Dana and the UFC have handled this is bull####.
No kidding.

Guy had won 18 fights in a row.
Hadn't lost in 10 years.
Had fought, and won, 11 straight title fights.
Was 7-0 in the UFC, all title fights.

Then he loses to McGregor in 13 seconds and doesn't get a chance to redeem himself for over a year?

That ain't right.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:23 AM   #1033
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Yeah, time to drop that title. McGregor can't/doesn't want to cut to 145 anymore or is looking for big fights, fine that's awesome but that's three in a row out of his division. Don't feel bad for Aldo though, that's the business. He should get a rematch but it's been less then a year since that fight, no need to take your ball and go home. GSP waited a year to get back at Matt Serra.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:31 AM   #1034
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Yeah, time to drop that title. McGregor can't/doesn't want to cut to 145 anymore or is looking for big fights, fine that's awesome but that's three in a row out of his division. Don't feel bad for Aldo though, that's the business. He should get a rematch but it's been less then a year since that fight, no need to take your ball and go home. GSP waited a year to get back at Matt Serra.
That's all true, but:

1. By the time Conor will be ready to fight again after he takes on Alvarez in November, it will be likely 14 months before ALdo gets a rematch that, given what he'd accomplished up until that one loss, he really should have gotten immediately.

2. GSP went on to huge things in the WW division, but at the time of his loss to Serra he hadn't accomplished anywhere near what Aldo accomplished up until he lost to Conor. Eg - 11 straight title fights. all wins...etc, etc

Aldo should be getting more respect than he is getting. A guy who dominates a division as long as he did shouldn't have to wait around for 14~ months for an opportunity to redeem himself while the guy that beat him fights three times in a row out of division.

EDIT: I don't like that he's wanting out and threatening retirement and all that stuff. I don't think he should be pulling that crap, but I get him being pissed off for sure. He's really been disrespected here IMO. What he should be doing is continuing to fight and win against other top contenders, not "retiring" to get out of his contract.

Last edited by Roof-Daddy; 09-28-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:52 AM   #1035
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
That's all true, but:

1. By the time Conor will be ready to fight again after he takes on Alvarez in November, it will be likely 14 months before ALdo gets a rematch that, given what he'd accomplished up until that one loss, he really should have gotten immediately.

2. GSP went on to huge things in the WW division, but at the time of his loss to Serra he hadn't accomplished anywhere near what Aldo accomplished up until he lost to Conor. Eg - 11 straight title fights. all wins...etc, etc

Aldo should be getting more respect than he is getting. A guy who dominates a division as long as he did shouldn't have to wait around for 14~ months for an opportunity to redeem himself while the guy that beat him fights three times in a row out of division.
I don't agree that anyone should get an automatic rematch unless it was a dominant champion and the result was very close/questionable. I'm not necessarily against it but it shouldn't be automatic.

Also Aldo has pulled out of 5 or 6 fights . Until he fights a couple in a row I wouldn't waste all my marketing dollars on him. Same with Khabib. There's no reason he can't come back and have a couple fights then get his rematch. He's being a big baby. Let him go, he's only put on 1 or 2 exciting fights in the past 6 years anyway.
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AFireInside For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2016, 10:05 AM   #1036
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFireInside View Post
I don't agree that anyone should get an automatic rematch unless it was a dominant champion and the result was very close/questionable. I'm not necessarily against it but it shouldn't be automatic.

Also Aldo has pulled out of 5 or 6 fights . Until he fights a couple in a row I wouldn't waste all my marketing dollars on him. Same with Khabib. There's no reason he can't come back and have a couple fights then get his rematch. He's being a big baby. Let him go, he's only put on 1 or 2 exciting fights in the past 6 years anyway.

What?

Aldo was the very definition of a dominant champion.

11 straight title defenses. 7 in the UFC.

...and he wasn't fighting cream puffs either. He always fought the best of the best.

Faber in his prime
Florian
Mendes x 2
Lamas
Edgar x 2

Pulled out of 5 or 6 fights?

I don't remember that.

He rescheduled a fight with Mendes once because of injury, but still ended up fighting him.

Same thing with McGregor. Pulled out due to injury but still ended up fighting him.

EDIT:

He also had a fight with Pettis canceled when Pettis was LW champ. But Pettis pulled out of that fight, not Aldo.

Last edited by Roof-Daddy; 09-28-2016 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:39 AM   #1037
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
What?

Aldo was the very definition of a dominant champion.

11 straight title defenses. 7 in the UFC.

...and he wasn't fighting cream puffs either. He always fought the best of the best.

Faber in his prime
Florian
Mendes x 2
Lamas
Edgar x 2

Pulled out of 5 or 6 fights?

I don't remember that.

He rescheduled a fight with Mendes once because of injury, but still ended up fighting him.

Same thing with McGregor. Pulled out due to injury but still ended up fighting him.

EDIT:

He also had a fight with Pettis canceled when Pettis was LW champ. But Pettis pulled out of that fight, not Aldo.
Aldo pulled out of

UFC 125 vs Grispi
UFC 149 vs Koch
UFC 153 vs Edgar
UFC 176 vs Mendes
UFC 189 vs McGregor

On top if that he was offered the opportunity to rematch McGregor when RDA got hurt and turned it down. Right after saying he'd fight him anytime anywhere.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AFireInside For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2016, 11:12 AM   #1038
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFireInside View Post
Aldo pulled out of

UFC 125 vs Grispi
UFC 149 vs Koch
UFC 153 vs Edgar - they fought at 156
UFC 176 vs Mendes - they fought at 179
UFC 189 vs McGregor - they fought at 194

On top if that he was offered the opportunity to rematch McGregor when RDA got hurt and turned it down. Right after saying he'd fight him anytime anywhere.
Meh. I don't see the big deal here.

The guy has fought 20 fights in the last 10 years, all against high caliber opposition , 13 of those were title fights and he's only lost once.

He hasn't rested on his laurels and avoided the tough fights here.

Plus, the three fights he pulled out of that I've put in bold above were rescheduled just a few cards later.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:13 PM   #1039
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Meh. I don't see the big deal here.

The guy has fought 20 fights in the last 10 years, all against high caliber opposition , 13 of those were title fights and he's only lost once.

He hasn't rested on his laurels and avoided the tough fights here.

Plus, the three fights he pulled out of that I've put in bold above were rescheduled just a few cards later.
All tough fights for sure. I not arguing that he's bad fighter but you can't rely on him, so I would understand why they aren't in a rush to give him a rematch.

I disagree that it isn't a big deal. It's a big deal when you spend millions of dollars and a lot of time marketing fights and the guy pulls out of every second fight. Obviously people get hurt but most don't have that many injuries.

Bottom line is that Aldo has held up the featherweight division for 13 months or more on two separate occasions, so he can stop crying anytime.

He should go fight Holloway, and keep asking for McGregor.

Honestly he might see Holloway as a legit threat. If he lost that fight he'd lose the McGregor fight and all the big money that goes with it. That's why he's upset.

Last edited by AFireInside; 09-28-2016 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:35 PM   #1040
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't get what we are arguing about here.

Aldo should be getting a rematch by now. It's been almost a year, and he fought Edgar for the interim title while he was waiting for Conor to fight Diaz twice.

He deserves a rematch NOW and shouldn't have to wait anymore or fight any other fighters.

Of course that's clearly not going to happen as they just announced McGregor vs Alvarez.

Aldo has every right to be pissed about that, but I agree he shouldn't be acting the way he is over it and threatening retirement.