Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Notices

Old 06-21-2021, 01:38 PM   #7201
jroc
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Alright- so rather than either waiting an extra 2 weeks or trying to cheat the system a little bit by showing up early, I made an appointment for a Moderna shot at Costco in Okotoks for Wednesday!

New question now; My first shot was Pfizer, and I just always assumed my second shot would be Pfizer as well, so I haven't been paying attention to all the talk about mixing, as I thought it was really only applicable to the folks with AZ. Some friends were saying that it's no big deal at all to mix Pfizer and Moderna, but I thought I'd just bounce it off the CP brain trust anyways. I'm sure it's all good, but any thoughts at all?
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 01:54 PM   #7202
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc View Post
Alright- so rather than either waiting an extra 2 weeks or trying to cheat the system a little bit by showing up early, I made an appointment for a Moderna shot at Costco in Okotoks for Wednesday!

New question now; My first shot was Pfizer, and I just always assumed my second shot would be Pfizer as well, so I haven't been paying attention to all the talk about mixing, as I thought it was really only applicable to the folks with AZ. Some friends were saying that it's no big deal at all to mix Pfizer and Moderna, but I thought I'd just bounce it off the CP brain trust anyways. I'm sure it's all good, but any thoughts at all?
There shouldnít be issue with going Pfizer/Moderna. There will be plenty of others who do the same over the next month.
Old 06-21-2021, 02:15 PM   #7203
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
How likely is each one of those shots to decrease spread vs. stop a severe outcome?

If you go to the extreme with this, we are selecting the single person in the province with the most expected deaths due to a delay in vaccination based on susceptibility to severe outcomes and likelihood of spreading if infected.

The more you try and thread the needle, the more complex booking etc becomes, and the lower efficiency you get of available resources.

Opening it to everyone immediately gives us the best odds of having the vaccines in the supply chain end up in a human with as little delay as possible. This saves lives too.

Given you can get an appointment a few days out right now, I suspect starting to filter and group people would result in vaccines sitting in storage longer than the current setup pretty quickly.
The problem is you canít get an appointment a few days out and modifying g an appointment creates a 1hr queue and when people go to modify their choices are pilot butte or Vulcan.

I think people are looking at this backwards. The booking and delivery system is currently over capacity therefore opening booking more slowly based on risk makes sense.

Itís not make the system less efficient by considering risk. Itís make the system MORE efficient AND prioritize by risk.

Currently there is a 9000 person queue to modify an appointment.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2021, 02:39 PM   #7204
d00little
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc View Post
What has anyones experience been in regards to how strict AHS has been with the time slots for appointments?

I'm currently booked for Saturday at 1:00pm at Telus convention, but quickly realized I have a conflict at this time (I'm never busy with COVID, how the hell did I happen to get a conflict?!?!).

Online queue was still over an hour to look at rescheduling, so I just called 811 instead and they told me that there's pretty much no appointment available, and that I should check back in on Friday when they open up more bookings. I'm thinking that would add another week or 2... so not ideal.

With my first shot on Bannister Rd, it seemed like the time slot was more of just an honesty policy, I don't think anyone actually confirmed my appointment time.

So my question is; could I just show up at noon rather than 1:00 and be all good? On a scale from 1-10, how big of a jerk move is that?
At the TCC where they are delivering thousands of appointments a day it won't make a difference. There is somebody at the door that will ask you when you appointment is and ask you to wait if it's too early (of course you could always lie as they don't ask to see proof). Alternatively you could go late. It's not like they thaw a vial with your name on it.
d00little is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d00little For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2021, 03:18 PM   #7205
Bankai
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Sitting at Costco for my 15 minutes. The feeling is one of relief. Finally!
Bankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 03:55 PM   #7206
Roughneck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Entered TCC at about 1:05. Left just after 1:30 which included the full 15 minute wait. Just flew through.
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:30 PM   #7207
GordonBlue
First Line Centre

Exp:

10 hours after my 2nd Pfizer shot.
No side effects yet other than a slight arm pain.
Hoping I wake up ok tomorrow.

I have been drinking Gatorade and using Tylenol, just to be safe.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:37 PM   #7208
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Definitely feeling achey this evening.
Old 06-21-2021, 07:45 PM   #7209
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone know the vaccine numbers for today? Judging by the lack of available appointments - I am hoping for some humungous numbers over the next few weeks.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:52 PM   #7210
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
Anyone know the vaccine numbers for today? Judging by the lack of available appointments - I am hoping for some humungous numbers over the next few weeks.

Today was relatively low (29,026), but of course that's the shots from yesterday.
The Following User Says Thank You to Julio For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 07:14 AM   #7211
GordonBlue
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm one of the lucky ones, I think.

20 hours in and only a sore arm.
only other side effect is a ringing in my ears that sounds like my wife.

"don't think that you'll be going out without a mask next month. ...delta variant"
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 08:05 AM   #7212
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just got my 2nd shot last night, (AZ/Pfiz combo), and my arm is very sore this morning but that's it.

Didn't have any effects from my AZ shot, so hopefully that holds true for my second.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 08:09 AM   #7213
ajr4013
Draft Pick

Yep TCC was as smooth as ever yesterday for my second Moderna. Very happy I was able to book there.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 08:11 AM   #7214
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Got my 2nd shot last Friday, zero side effects (none on the 1st shot either). Pfizer.

I consider myself fortunate in many ways. I live in Saskatchewan and July 11th we get to ditch the masks. I'm going to have an old fashioned mask burning I think.
Toonage is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
V
Old 06-22-2021, 09:10 AM   #7215
Esoteric
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Got my second Moderna.
Same side effects so far as the first one - a bit tired/brain fog, and a sore arm.

Pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, but I might need an afternoon nap.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 11:26 AM   #7216
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

I got a 2nd Pfizer on Sunday. Monday around noon I had aches and chills, which lasted for about 2 hours.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 12:22 PM   #7217
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
Definitely feeling achey this evening.
Was still achey this morning, took an Advil last night, another one this morning.

Had a terrible sleep.

Feeling a bit better now, sort of like Iím recovering from being sick.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:03 PM   #7218
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

We’ve finally hit a wall on first doses in my region. It was steady ~1% per day almost right up to 74%. Then from June 18-22 it only went up 0.6%!

Good news is second doses are jumping about 2% a day, double the speed of the first dose ramp up.

But 75/20, we’re there. Love it.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 01:27 PM   #7219
WinnipegFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Just got my second dose, I am an AZ Moderna hybrid. Hopefully this improves my cell service and internet speed!
WinnipegFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 01:29 PM   #7220
GeoffSK
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Got mine. I am all moderna.
Wife gets 2nd pfizer in an hour.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
GeoffSK is online now   Reply With Quote