Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2021, 11:02 PM   #4141
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Which game, I'm a sucker for cool art styles.
Old 06-20-2021, 11:14 PM   #4142
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Which game, I'm a sucker for cool art styles.
Sable, somehow I missed putting the name in there. My original post is now updated.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2021, 01:56 PM   #4143
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/...remium-edition

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI V [PREMIUM EDITION] - SWITCH
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 03:09 PM   #4144
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lots of deals combining the Switch with the game and watch:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/collect...641744&irgwc=1
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 04:30 PM   #4145
Ashes
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

No one talking about Halo Infinite? As a H3 fanatic back in the day, I could not be more excited. Hopefully they deliver the game on time this year, but the latest gameplay trailer gives me hope that 343 may have finally figured out what made H2 and H3 truly great.
Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashes For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2021, 05:24 PM   #4146
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really want them to bring back couch co-op campaign. The wife and I had a blast playing all the GoW franchise and Halo MCC together.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2021, 06:46 PM   #4147
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
No one talking about Halo Infinite? As a H3 fanatic back in the day, I could not be more excited. Hopefully they deliver the game on time this year, but the latest gameplay trailer gives me hope that 343 may have finally figured out what made H2 and H3 truly great.
Huge steps forward have been made on infinite. I'm hopeful the team at 343 took that extra year to absolutely perfect the game.

There are rumors that Starfield could have possibly shipped this year but after joining Xbox and seeing the changes made to infinite that they decided to take another year to get everything right with their new IP.
Old 06-21-2021, 09:51 PM   #4148
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Liking Ratchet for PS5 but honestly think Miles Morales is better showcase of PS5. Maybe just me but I am not a huge fan of overly cartoon games.

I see CyberPunk is back on PS5 might finish Ratchet and try Cyberpunk again.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 10:22 PM   #4149
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
Unfortunately for 343, what made H2 and H3 great was Bungie.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2021, 11:31 PM   #4150
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Unfortunately for 343, what made H2 and H3 great was Bungie.
Which makes Destiny 2 such a huge disappointment. All they had to do was build on Destiny 1 but nope Bungie messed up big time and created a piece of garbage.

Perhaps it's 343's turn to build a winner, it sure looks like they are on the right track.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:59 AM   #4151
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

is it weird we haven't heard anything about NHL22 as yet? Or is it standard that they only release info on the next release when the final round is being played (or after the cup handed out)??
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 09:01 AM   #4152
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
is it weird we haven't heard anything about NHL22 as yet? Or is it standard that they only release info on the next release when the final round is being played (or after the cup handed out)??
EA didn't do an E3 event this year.

And will be doing their own EA Play event on July 22nd.

So you can probably expect to see any news about the EA games there.

Might get a teaser with a cover athlete before then in the Stanley Cup finals because they usually do that, but I would expect any major news on the 22nd.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 10:07 AM   #4153
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
EA didn't do an E3 event this year.

And will be doing their own EA Play event on July 22nd.

So you can probably expect to see any news about the EA games there.

Might get a teaser with a cover athlete before then in the Stanley Cup finals because they usually do that, but I would expect any major news on the 22nd.
Unless they redo the entire engine it will just be the same game as the last 5 installments with a fresh coat of paint.
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:12 AM   #4154
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Unless they redo the entire engine it will just be the same game as the last 5 installments with a fresh coat of paint.
Apparently they're moving to the Frostbite engine.

https://www.sportsgamersonline.com/g...stbite-engine/
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 11:30 AM   #4155
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah if the game moves to frostbyte you can probably expect better visuals and a next gen version for this year.

But gameplay might be a bit of a mess as the first couple years on frostbyte were a bit rocky for both Madden and FIFA.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 11:49 AM   #4156
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Which makes Destiny 2 such a huge disappointment. All they had to do was build on Destiny 1 but nope Bungie messed up big time and created a piece of garbage.

Perhaps it's 343's turn to build a winner, it sure looks like they are on the right track.
It's hard to say... their campaign debut a year ago was not good, and we really haven't seen any more of it since.

Admittedly I'm not a big Halo guy, but the multiplayer trailer in the Xbox conference looked a lot like "yep, more Halo" to me, and looked notably dated and not exciting presented right next to the Battlefield 2042 gameplay.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 03:13 PM   #4157
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post

Seriously? This sort of take was certainly quite vogue back in 2017 when D2 launched and had considerably less meat on the bone, but it's a drastically different game today, and still the one my group of friends and I invest the most time in to. I can't think of any metrics by which I'd measure D1 to be better than D2 at this stage, especially considering the way it runs on PC and the new consoles.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:18 PM   #4158
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm extremely stoked for Infinite. I know there's this belief that Bungie can be the only suitable steward of the Halo franchise, but 343's games have done a lot right from a gameplay/polish standpoint and Halo 5 had amazing multiplayer. They misfired on some of the story beats but I'm hopeful that they can put something solid together with Infinite's campaign.

Between Infinite and 2042, there'll be no shortage of stuff for me to shoot this Fall.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:26 PM   #4159
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cow Disease View Post
Seriously? This sort of take was certainly quite vogue back in 2017 when D2 launched and had considerably less meat on the bone, but it's a drastically different game today, and still the one my group of friends and I invest the most time in to. I can't think of any metrics by which I'd measure D1 to be better than D2 at this stage, especially considering the way it runs on PC and the new consoles.
Don't get me wrong, D2 has grown to be a much better game but that is mainly due to having 4 years of development while D1 had closer to 2.5. But on release and for the first what year and a half, it was pretty crap. Lately its been about reusing old content, filling out the story and introducing more grinds.

I will jump on and play it for a bit but not a single one of my group of friends is still playing it the way we played D1 until the end.

Last edited by Since1984; 06-22-2021 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:29 PM   #4160
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
It's hard to say... their campaign debut a year ago was not good, and we really haven't seen any more of it since.

Admittedly I'm not a big Halo guy, but the multiplayer trailer in the Xbox conference looked a lot like "yep, more Halo" to me, and looked notably dated and not exciting presented right next to the Battlefield 2042 gameplay.
Ahh ok, this makes more sense. The fun thing though is that if you have Game Pass, you get the best of both worlds! Play Infinite day one at no extra charge and buy Battlefield 2042 for the multiplayer!

But if you aren't a big FPS player in the first place then neither should really excite you.