Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2021, 08:06 AM   #1
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 2021 NFL Playoffs Thread

Are you ready for some tripleheaders?!?!?!? I think on balance I still don't like expanding the playoffs, but I'm also not complaining we have six games this weekend instead of four. Really seems like the most wide open playoffs in recent memory, everyone wants to say KC are the favorites and when you have the best player that's always a nice chip to have. But they've flirted with losing so much this season I just think at some point they're going to get burnt for not putting a team away.

Also, the Saints better win tomorrow for Drew Brees sake. Still a top 10 QB ever, but pretty damaging legacy wise if your last three playoff losses are to Jared Goff, Kirk Cousins and Mitch Trubisky, the murderers row of mediocrity.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:18 AM   #2
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Let’s go Titans!!
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:23 AM   #3
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

I believe there will be at least one, probably two upsets this weekend.

If I am to guess it will be the Rams (though not much of an upset) and the longshot being the Colts....though i wouldnt wager a dime on either. Really hoping the WFT can pull one out but seems almost impossible that could happen

Just grateful to be watching 6 games the next 36 hours.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:44 AM   #4
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
That's not exactly a bold prediction given there are 6 games this weekend.
Dan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:47 AM   #5
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

If I am to guess it will be the Rams (though not much of an upset) and the longshot being the Colts....though i wouldnt wager a dime on either. Really hoping the WFT can pull one out but seems almost impossible that could happen

I have a feeling that the Colts will definitely keep it close today. Tennessee should beat Baltimore although people tell me that is not an upset. If Goff and Smith are out for LAR and Washington I don't see either of those games being close
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:48 AM   #6
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sneaky upset of the weekend: Browns.

Love to see it.

Last edited by Weitz; 01-10-2021 at 06:53 PM.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:06 AM   #7
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Re-posting these from last night in the regular season thread:

Bills
Seahawks
Bucs
Titans
Saints
Steelers

I'm tempted to go Rams, but especially without Goff thats a tough call. I also think Washington will get to Brady early, but Bucs will start moving the ball better in the 2nd half and Washington's offence won't be able to keep up. The Ravens were tempting as they're red hot right now, but I won't overthink it.

I feel for the Browns, would love to see them make some noise. I see them in a close one on Sunday, but I just think the Steelers will pull it out in the end.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:15 AM   #8
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

They just said Rivers is a future HOFer?

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:43 AM   #9
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
They just said Rivers is a future HOFer?
Statistically he is. I would say he's been a better QB over his career than Eli Manning and Manning will probably get in unfortunately.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:48 AM   #10
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Even when there were only 4 games on Wild Card weekend, there is always an underdog who won at least one. So it's very likely that it will be at least two this weekend.

I would think that the Titans and Rams are the two dogs most likely to win this weekend.

For fun I will pick the following no logic, just my own made up narratives from the past to back these picks.

Indianapolis 30 Buffalo 27 (a bit late I had this typed up an hour ago)
The Flutie curse continues for Buffalo. They have a lead for most of the game, but another 4th quarter melt down haunts the team who looked as good as anyone going into the playoffs.

Los Angeles 15 Seattle 13
The Rams defence shows up and makes enough plays to keep the Seahawks off balance all day. Seattle does get a late TD, but can't convert the two to send it to OT

Tampa Bay 27 Washington 10
The Bucs start slow, but the Football Team struggles to move on offence all game as the lack of mobility for Alex Smith is an issue.

Baltimore 38 Tennessee 34
High scoring game as the Titans offence does move the ball and are able to put up points to keep up with the Ravens. Lamar starts his redemption from last year and the Ravens rack up 500 plus yards in t A missed extra point puts the Titans in a spot where they need the TD at the end of the game and run out of time.

New Orleans 31 Chicago 20
The Saints get their team together and although not smooth to start off find their groove in the second half and run away with this one.

Pittsburgh 24 Cleveland 16
The Browns put up a fight, but the Covid chaos is enough to keep them from being able to really compete against a full Steelers roster.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 11:50 AM   #11
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Statistically he is. I would say he's been a better QB over his career than Eli Manning and Manning will probably get in unfortunately.
I guess do you count playoffs and championship performances. Is Rivers good or just a compiler?

Old 01-09-2021, 12:03 PM   #12
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
I guess do you count playoffs and championship performances. Is Rivers good or just a compiler?
I don't think Rivers has done enough or is good enough to get into the hall of fame. I equate him to McNabb. They are both QBs who had success with good teams but also had some bad years and just aren't good enough for the hall of fame.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 12:09 PM   #13
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bills haven’t showed up.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 12:14 PM   #14
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Been impressed with the Colts, they've been the better team so far. This is surprising
Old 01-09-2021, 12:18 PM   #15
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huge stop by the Bills.

If I were an Indy fan I wouldn't be too upset with the call to go for it. The underdog on the road. I think you gotta take the chance to bury the bills.
flamingred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 12:20 PM   #16
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Colts have looked like the better team, but they just can't finish drives (save for that one). 4 trips deep in Bills territory so far and only 10 points, gotta capitalize on that. With Allen & Diggs, they're going to make you pay for that eventually.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:30 PM   #17
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

This is NBA final 2 minutes.

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 12:32 PM   #18
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think this game has been decided in favour of Buffalo because of the last 2 minutes of the half... getting no points from the 4 yard line and then those close calls going in Buffalo's favour on the receptions on the sidelines, I don't think Indianapolis can afford to have those things fall the Bills' way and still win this.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 12:34 PM   #19
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a disastrous ending to the half for the Colts. It's such an amateur move for a lineman to go offside on 4th and less than 5 yards. It has to be one of the dumbest plays a football player can make.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 12:44 PM   #20
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

No kidding... I made my post before that happened (and before the interception that wasn't), and then it somehow got considerably worse for them.

I dunno, if I were the Bills I'd feel like I just dodged six consecutive bullets and the other guy's gun is empty.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nfc stinks , scorigamiszn