Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2022, 01:33 PM   #301
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
How early are people getting to YYC these days for domestic flights? Airlines are suggesting 120 minutes.
I read somewhere two hours for domestic, three for international.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 01:35 PM   #302
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

I went to abbostford friday and showed up 1hr prior just check the wait times on the website.
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 01:48 PM   #303
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just came in to say that Air Canada sucks ass.

Flight Lisbon to Montreal delayed 2.5 hours (no explanation). Missed 2pm connecting flight to Calgary as a result. Passengers were being handed new boarding passes for re-routed flights as they exited the aircraft (good, right? pro-active!). Well, our connections were done through Vancouver at 9pm and then to Calgary at 4am next day. Went straight to AC desk and got it changed to a direct flight to Calgary at 8pm. The person at AC Customer Service told me "I really wish people would just stop flying for a year". Got home around midnight. Asked AC if we were entitled to $400/ticket compensation. Email response in 5 weeks: "Unfortunately, not, as the delay was uncontrollable". "This is not an adequate response, guys! Why was it uncontrollable?" "We are sorry you feel this way..."
Old 08-30-2022, 02:04 PM   #304
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

A month ago we went from YYC to SNA (and back again) with very few issues. We were pleasantly surprised given all of the problems that we've been hearing about.

Next Tuesday we're going to HNL via YVR and I'm super nervous we're either going to be delayed or one of our bags (or all of them) will be delayed. And we have our little kids with us so we're hoping there isn't any extra drama aside from what those two will bring.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 02:13 PM   #305
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post

Flight Lisbon to Montreal delayed 2.5 hours (no explanation). Missed 2pm connecting flight to Calgary as a result. Passengers were being handed new boarding passes for re-routed flights as they exited the aircraft (good, right? pro-active!). Well, our connections were done through Vancouver at 9pm and then to Calgary at 4am next day. Went straight to AC desk and got it changed to a direct flight to Calgary at 8pm. The person at AC Customer Service told me "I really wish people would just stop flying for a year". Got home around midnight. Asked AC if we were entitled to $400/ticket compensation. Email response in 5 weeks: "Unfortunately, not, as the delay was uncontrollable". "This is not an adequate response, guys! Why was it uncontrollable?" "We are sorry you feel this way..."
You can ask for why the flight was delayed, by asking here, on the Facebook Page; Air Passenger Rights (Canada). There's a fantastic lawyer on there, that gives lots of good advise, amongst others too. Strongly suggest everyone here, join the page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AirPassengerRights/
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2022, 07:52 AM   #306
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone fly Lynx? Nightmare, or good deal? Westjet is $625 to Hamilton, Lynx is $242.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 08:52 AM   #307
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

How else was this going to go?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1566852900776980480
Old 09-06-2022, 09:13 AM   #308
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
I have crossed both by air and land a couple of times using the app. Not once have I personally experienced any issues with either the App or CBSA even wanting to see it or show anything that I've filled it out. They simply ask if its been completed for all travelers and scan the passports. I presume the delays and problems stem from travelers who have not filled out the app???
Old 09-06-2022, 10:16 AM   #309
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

The app has logged me out a few times unexpectedly, and I used a computer generated password for the app so I don't remember it. Had to turn it on and off a few times and it populated again.

Pro tip - turn OFF your wifi. Sometimes your phone is trying to connect to the airport's free wifi, but if you haven't logged in on the splash page, the app sometimes stalls out trying to connect. Just kill the wifi while you get thru customs or while filling in the app fields.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 11:41 AM   #310
Zarley
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Anyone fly Lynx? Nightmare, or good deal? Westjet is $625 to Hamilton, Lynx is $242.
I flew Lynx to Toronto in the spring and it was great (for a no frills ultra low-cost carrier - I don't think they even had food/drink available for purchase). Plane was clean and new and the overall experience was much better than Flair.
Zarley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zarley For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2022, 05:02 PM   #311
kipperiggy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

If your flight originated in the EU you are entitled to compensation.

If it was within Canada I can see it being stickier (even though it shouldn’t be) I’ll try to find the link when I get home

Thanks AC!
kipperiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 05:48 PM   #312
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
I have crossed both by air and land a couple of times using the app. Not once have I personally experienced any issues with either the App or CBSA even wanting to see it or show anything that I've filled it out. They simply ask if its been completed for all travelers and scan the passports. I presume the delays and problems stem from travelers who have not filled out the app???
Seconding this anecdote. I've traveled outside the country on business trips and re-entered Canada five times (three times at YYC, twice at YVR) in the last year. The app hasn't caused any delays at all for me. Of course, I knew I needed to download it and had my form filled out and submitted in advance. The first two times I crossed the border (both in September 2021) I had to show the Customs Agent the QR code from ArriveCAN. The next three times (April, May, and July 2022) the agent said my submission is now linked to my passport, so they already had my information when I scanned my passport at the self-serve kiosk. I agree with your guess that any delays are caused by people who either didn't know they needed to download the app in advance or are too tech-illiterate to use it properly.
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 05:59 PM   #313
kipperiggy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Here you go:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizen...dexamp_en.htm#

Thanks AC!
kipperiggy is offline   Reply With Quote