Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2023, 02:10 PM   #1301
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Could be.. I checked Equifax just because and they have a wrong primary address for me, some address I've never lived at. Nothing else weird so doubt it's identity theft but still.

Filed a few disputes which take weeks or a month to process
Old 07-20-2023, 02:13 PM   #1302
Knut

Exp:

I went into a Rogers store and had things switched over seamless. This is after the third party company would call 3-4x per day and then could not figure out how to do the switch in a reasonable amount of time.

Reception way better in my area with Rogers and Its $50 for all 4 of us per month.

$60 for activation but they have told me it is refunded on your next bill.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2023, 05:06 PM   #1303
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
I went into a Rogers store and had things switched over seamless. This is after the third party company would call 3-4x per day and then could not figure out how to do the switch in a reasonable amount of time.

Reception way better in my area with Rogers and Its $50 for all 4 of us per month.

$60 for activation but they have told me it is refunded on your next bill.
Just set up some new services with Telus and I also got the "you'll see XXX charges on your invoice but we will credit you on the next bill".

I love giving all these 30-60 day interest free loans to service providers!
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 08:52 AM   #1304
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Such nonsense. As if they couldn't facilitate this mass migration without a new billing code or something so it isn't an issue. But no, let's show them what Rogers is all about from the start. Rogering.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 11:55 AM   #1305
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got our first bill. So much for honoring our billing with Shaw ($25/month, each, for 3 lines, total bill just over $81/month) - first bill was almost 3x the amount we were paying with Shaw, after being assured that would not change and we would not be charged an activation fee, per line. The billing per line is all over the place - one is $100, 2 are just over $63 each. Not impressed. We followed this switchover thing to the letter, as per the gazillion emails we got from Rogers prior to the switchover - brought our own devices, didn't change the type of contract/billing we had, blah blah blah. So much for honoring that same billing price for 5 years - they couldn't even honor it to the first damn bill.

Tried doing online chat, nothing happened for 45 minutes, a "live agent" never appeared. Bellyached via PM on FB and someone is looking into it, although that's been almost 20 minutes now. Rather peeved off about this.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 01:11 PM   #1306
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

After wasting a bloody hour and a half of my time, looks like we've figured it out. The ding dong we spoke to on the phone to do the initial switch/transfer, put my line on a completely different plan. I guess that wasn't caught when we had to go into the sticks and bricks store to get our account number etc. Not only that, instead of Rogers taking the payment on July 4th (switch/transfer of mobiles happened June 21), Shaw took it. So, Rogers was trying to charge us for 2 months, after we'd paid.

So, the charges have been whittled down to $78.78. Whether or not that credit is applied before the 8th, when the payment is set to come out automatically, I don't know. It had better. This has been a complete and utter clustercluck and I'm not impressed.

ETA: still online with them! FFS, people - I just want you to clarify 2 things for me, how hard is that? And, I've been passed from one agent to another, so I'd best not have to spend another hour online with this guy, just going over the same nonsense I just spent forever on, with the other agent. As far as I'm concerned at this point, if I have to spend this amount of time to fix THEIR screwup, they can bloody well comp my entire bill - none of this was within my control, this is all their screw up, this isn't *my* job to fix, it's theirs. If I have to spend this amount of time sorting out their nonsense, they can pay me as an employee, for my time, and apply that to my bill or just comp the entire thing.

ETAA: on hour 3 now and a third agent, and no one can give me any effing answers. I finally told them to waive my entire bill. We shall see what happens.

Last edited by Minnie; 07-31-2023 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-02-2023, 10:51 AM   #1307
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Got our first bill. So much for honoring our billing with Shaw ($25/month, each, for 3 lines, total bill just over $81/month) - first bill was almost 3x the amount we were paying with Shaw, after being assured that would not change and we would not be charged an activation fee, per line. The billing per line is all over the place - one is $100, 2 are just over $63 each. Not impressed. We followed this switchover thing to the letter, as per the gazillion emails we got from Rogers prior to the switchover - brought our own devices, didn't change the type of contract/billing we had, blah blah blah. So much for honoring that same billing price for 5 years - they couldn't even honor it to the first damn bill.

Tried doing online chat, nothing happened for 45 minutes, a "live agent" never appeared. Bellyached via PM on FB and someone is looking into it, although that's been almost 20 minutes now. Rather peeved off about this.
"This merger will be great for customers, resulting in better service and lower prices. APPROVED!".

- CTA. CRTC and Rogers Execs

Absolute ####ing horse#### all around.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2023, 01:05 PM   #1308
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

In the end, I dealt with that crap for 5 hours, with 5 different agents. It could have been over at hour 3, because I got them to knock the bill down to just a hair under $79.

Turns out, the billing was entirely effed up on their end, my line was on a completely different billing structure as well, 3x more than contracted for, that they were supposed to honor. Oh, and, my bad I suppose, for not paying attention, but Shaw took the payment at the beginning of July, not Rogers, so they were fairly insistent that I pay that same amount again. Sure, I should have paid more attention to the receipt that was emailed, but I guess I just was under the mistaken assumption that these companies could do their jobs properly. I told them to pound sand & since they now owned Shaw, technically, they were paid and they could fight it out themselves, it wasn't my problem. Considering the amount my bill was settled at/credited for, I guess they chose the pound sand option, lol.

But, at hour 3, I made the "mistake" of asking them to clarify that the amount charged to the credit card was going to be the +/- $79, not the +/- $236 when the payment was taken next week. That took 2 more hours and 2 more agents - in the end, that last agent nearly effed it all up but managed to rescue herself, all within 5 minutes. 2 things that should have taken 15 minutes max, took 5 hours.

Agent in the end said it was her pleasure when I said thank you for them doing the bare minimum - my response was "glad it was a pleasure for someone, because it certainly wasn't for me."

Just utter nonsense.
Old 08-02-2023, 06:19 PM   #1309
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

I would have immediately escalated it to the ombudsman. The front line CSRs just aren't paid to give a ####, and I've had great success going over their head with other companies.

Not looking forward to getting my first rogers bill, however.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 08:03 PM   #1310
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Guess I got lucky, I'm paying the same for the 4 lines through Rogers as I was with Shaw. Disappointed with their coverage though, I thought it'd be better than Shaw but I still have #### signal when I'm in the north edge of the city
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 10:27 AM   #1311
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

What's going to happen to Freedom? I have dual SIM on my phone, and surprisingly after the recent upgrades, Freedom data is like 50% faster than the dog#### Rogers service. I'm scared I'm going to get chased off my cheap plan and forced to Rogers.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 10:52 AM   #1312
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
What's going to happen to Freedom? I have dual SIM on my phone, and surprisingly after the recent upgrades, Freedom data is like 50% faster than the dog#### Rogers service. I'm scared I'm going to get chased off my cheap plan and forced to Rogers.
Freedom was sold off to Qubecor. They announced in May that the away roaming will be exclusively done on Rogers networks and that all plans (most?) will now offer nationwide data buckets so you wont have a Home limit and and Away limit. I think I red as part of the deal they had to remain 20% lower than the big 3 for a few years.

I just renewed with Freedom last week for 5G 40GB/month Nationwide + US for $50.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 11:08 AM   #1313
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven switched yet and according to this I am not looking forward to it either.

I have 4 lines at 25$ / Mo plus an additional talk / text at 0$

5 lines total.

Should I go to a B&M store or try the online way...
Old 08-03-2023, 12:33 PM   #1314
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are these horror stories from people switching over from other carriers or just simply changing plans with them?

And whats with the credit check? We applying for loans here?

Rogers together with Shaw.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 01:18 PM   #1315
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

You always go through a credit check when you first join / re-join a mobile provider, but they don't require a credit pull once you're a regular customer. But yeah, requiring a hard credit pull to honour the contract of a company you just bought is pretty sh-tty. Good to see Rogers is starting off on the wrong foot, as expected.

Last edited by TorqueDog; 08-03-2023 at 01:20 PM.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 01:20 PM   #1316
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Yeah, requiring a hard credit pull to honour the contract of a company you just bought is pretty sh-tty. Good to see Rogers is starting off on the wrong foot, as expected.
Rogers telecom is still nicknamed "Robbers" right?

I haven't noticed any issues with my internet/billing so far, but I'm also planning to jump ship as soon as my deal expires.

I kinda want fibre internet anyways.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 01:37 PM   #1317
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
You always go through a credit check when you first join / re-join a mobile provider, but they don't require a credit pull once you're a regular customer. But yeah, requiring a hard credit pull to honour the contract of a company you just bought is pretty sh-tty. Good to see Rogers is starting off on the wrong foot, as expected.
Really I don't recall ever getting a credit check, however Rogers did send me to collections when my # got ported by identity theft.

Woke up one morning and my phone didn't work called Rogers and they said I ported my # I was like how thats news to me, and they would not cooperate so I had to go into a store. After wasting 2 hours they finally agreed that I didn't port my # to another carrier and said that they have to port it back but now my account is closed so they need to set up a new one and will merge everything.

Get my # ported back a month later I went to Apple to get a new iPhone no contract and they said I can't upgrade because Rogers has blocked me for 6 months. I got pissed and switched to another carrier, paid off the remainder of my Rogers bill.

Few months later I am getting emails and calls from a collection agency that I didn't pay my Rogers bill. Apparently they didn't close off the old account # properly and move it over and it went past due. Thanks Rogers never had a collection call in my life until they came after $100 bucks.

Rogers together with Shaw indeed robbing you forever.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 08:37 PM   #1318
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Equifax updated my credit records no problem. Rogers uses Transunion, who rejected my request to fix my birthday. They said I needed to send them government ID and a current bill. That's what I sent them... I guess now I get to call them again.

You guys at least get the fun of dealing with Rogers, I have to stand in the Transunion line to just get a chance lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2023, 08:48 PM   #1319
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

How's Rogers coverage now in town? Telus is not budging on any decent promos so maybe hesitantanty making the switch becuase Rogers does.

A long time ago now, tried out Rogers for a few days and couldn't get service in Fish Creek.

While that's likely long a thing of the past, all the other shady Rogers billing and business practices have me very leery to again give them a shot again.

Also wish Telus had fibre, as we have no Internet choice in our area, only Shaw/Rogers.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 08:21 AM   #1320
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
How's Rogers coverage now in town? Telus is not budging on any decent promos so maybe hesitantanty making the switch becuase Rogers does.

A long time ago now, tried out Rogers for a few days and couldn't get service in Fish Creek.

While that's likely long a thing of the past, all the other shady Rogers billing and business practices have me very leery to again give them a shot again.

Also wish Telus had fibre, as we have no Internet choice in our area, only Shaw/Rogers.
Telus 1 bar intersection of southland and 14th. Its almost dead zone. Same with going down canyon meadows blvd near macloed.

Lots of dead zones with them too near fish creek
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote