Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-26-2007, 02:24 AM   #1
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:
Default Dexter

wow, this last episode was just insane. in fact this whole season has been insane, the intensity level just keeps ramping up to where you're afraid to even guess what happens. this has to be one of the best seasons of any show that i've ever watched, just pure brilliance from start to (hopefully) finish

Last edited by Hemi-Cuda; 11-26-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:22 AM   #2
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Michael C. Hall basically makes that show. He puts on an acting clinic every week.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:25 AM   #3
Hart50
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Absolutely brilliant!!
Hart50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:27 AM   #4
kipperfan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dexter is an amazing show, the 2nd best on TV IMO. And on that note, any other Dexter fans also watch Brotherhood? Man I love that show, definatley my #1.

Fyodor Dostoevsky - The Brothers Karamazov
kipperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:38 AM   #5
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love Dexter. Someone please help a fan out and tell me what Lila did last week to Dex. I missed that episode.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:43 AM   #6
Agamemnon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I was going to start a similar Dexter-appreciation thread... I just started watching season 2 but season 1 was amazing. Too bad there are only 8 episodes a season (I think?). Did season 2 just end airing now? I just downloaded it.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:45 AM   #7
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

*****Spoilers....

I thought last nights episode was pretty uncharacteristic of the show. I'm really hoping it doesn't jump the shark here. Doakes is in that cage. Since he is innocent (ie not a murderer) and obviously can't be just let go, it will be interesting to see how the writers manage to write themselves out of this. Maybe Doakes sees the good qualities to what Dexter is doing?
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:33 AM   #8
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Maybe Doakes sees the good qualities to what Dexter is doing?
I don't see that happening, although who knows? The result of this plot twist is at the whim of some writers and who knows what they'll do. My gut feeling is that Dex won't kill Doakes but apart from that option and Doakes coming over to the dark side, I have no idea what the result could be. If he does kill Doakes, I think there will be some twist there also.

Great show. The wife thinks I'm a little twisted for loving this show.

I still need someone to help me out and tell me what Lila did to Dexter in last week's episode, which I missed.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:42 AM   #9
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

I started to watch Dexter about a month ago when my mother rented it, I enjoyed Michael C Hall from his Six Feet Under days...He puts on a better performance in that show but Dexter is still very good
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:01 PM   #10
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I was going to start a similar Dexter-appreciation thread... I just started watching season 2 but season 1 was amazing. Too bad there are only 8 episodes a season (I think?). Did season 2 just end airing now? I just downloaded it.
there are 12 episodes per season actually, i think there are 2 or 3 left for season 2
Old 11-26-2007, 12:36 PM   #11
Hart50
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I don't see that happening, although who knows? The result of this plot twist is at the whim of some writers and who knows what they'll do. My gut feeling is that Dex won't kill Doakes but apart from that option and Doakes coming over to the dark side, I have no idea what the result could be. If he does kill Doakes, I think there will be some twist there also.

I still need someone to help me out and tell me what Lila did to Dexter in last week's episode, which I missed.
Dex finds out Lila torched her own place to get him away from Rita;
Lila invites herself to bowling night with Dex and the lads;
Dex gets a minor knife wound from an attempt on his life by his mother's killer in the bowling parking lot;
Later while hacking up mom's killer he finds out that Lila arranged the "attempted murder" in the parking lot;
Dex then discovers that his key to Rita's house is missing and Dex goes into to panic mode to make sure Rita and the kids are alright.
Once he has secured rita and kids he goes over to Lila's and reads her the riot act. I believe his final words to her were "You don't want to see the monster come out"
Hart50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #12
Agamemnon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
there are 12 episodes per season actually, i think there are 2 or 3 left for season 2
Ah... guess I've got a few more to get, I'm only up to episode 3 season 2 right now anyway... thanks for the heads up.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:42 PM   #13
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post

Yeah I also think its unlikely that Doakes will turn over to the darkside. Just trying to come up w/ theories since its quite a corner they have written themselves into. The only other thing I can think of is that someone solves Dexter's problem for him. I'm guessing Lila is also into more than just drugs... maybe she does the work for him revealing herself as a murderer and then Dexter is forced to kill her. Only problem w/ that is it seems a little too similar to last season's plot.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:01 PM   #14
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

The quality of writing on this show has been superb, I'm putting my faith in the writers that they know what they are doing.

I also agree about brotherhood...fantastic show, not my #1, and not better than dexter, but an quality program nonetheless.

The best show ever made for Television is called "The Wire" and it's on HBO. It's not my favorite, but the quality of the program is unparalleled. The last season will be airing in january.

Unlike most shows, the wire gets better and better as seasons go on. I strongly suggest everyone checks it out.

As an aside, does anyone notice that most of the quality shows are on US cable. I don't know if it's necessarily because the writing is better, or if most shows would be better served only being about 12 episodes/season. I'm excited that LOST has switched to a 16 episode season, less filler, all killer. The television landscape is changing and I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing more dramas go to a 12-16 episode season.

Last edited by corporatejay; 11-26-2007 at 01:05 PM.
corporatejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:48 PM   #15
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
The quality of writing on this show has been superb, I'm putting my faith in the writers that they know what they are doing.

I also agree about brotherhood...fantastic show, not my #1, and not better than dexter, but an quality program nonetheless.

The best show ever made for Television is called "The Wire" and it's on HBO. It's not my favorite, but the quality of the program is unparalleled. The last season will be airing in january.

Unlike most shows, the wire gets better and better as seasons go on. I strongly suggest everyone checks it out.

As an aside, does anyone notice that most of the quality shows are on US cable. I don't know if it's necessarily because the writing is better, or if most shows would be better served only being about 12 episodes/season. I'm excited that LOST has switched to a 16 episode season, less filler, all killer. The television landscape is changing and I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing more dramas go to a 12-16 episode season.
I agree most good shows are on cable these days.

I think it has a lot to do w/ the fact that cable is not censored in the same way that regular television is so you have way more creativity. Let's be honest there is no way shows like OZ or the Supranos could ever have been aired on regular cable.

Also these shows tend to have a more cult following so they might not gain the same raitings as crappier but more accessible shows do.

Plus I'm sure a lot talented people are disuaded from networks and would prefer to work in an environment w/ more creative freedoms.

It also makes a huge difference that like you said the shorter seasons mean way less filler.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:39 PM   #16
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

If anyone is interested the last 2 episodes of the season (11 and 12) are now available on torrent.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:26 PM   #17
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

I could kiss you.

I probably would have waited until Sunday to check my torrents!
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:41 AM   #18
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

I'm wondering what is going on? some kind of leak at the studio? The first 2 episodes of the season were leaked early too
Old 12-09-2007, 03:03 AM   #19
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

finally watched the last 2 episodes, great ending. the one issue i had with the first season, as good as it was, was that it's a little predictable with the whole ice truck killer/brother thing. this season though there wasn't a single time where i had any idea of what would happen. i'd formulate a few ideas but they'd get shot down right away and i'd be in the dark again just along for the ride

i'm REALLY curious to see what happens for season 3 now, they've covered more in the first 2 seasons than a lot of shows do in their whole run. they seem to have some of the best writers in the business working on this one though so my hopes are high
Old 12-09-2007, 08:12 PM   #20
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone know if tonight's epi is a re-run?