Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2021, 09:54 AM   #21
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Is it just me or does Fallout have some of the most memorable concepts and art ever?
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 10:23 AM   #22
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Is it just me or does Fallout have some of the most memorable concepts and art ever?
The aesthetic of the show really harkens to Fallout's retro tech. Definitely digging it.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:50 PM   #23
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

First episode was great. Strongest start I think of all the series.
Old 06-13-2021, 10:19 PM   #24
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished the episode and it was great.

I found Wandavision to be very boring, but I'm probably not the target for that particular show. If you asked me which two Avengers I couldnt care less about it'd be those two.

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was great, I really enjoyed that.

But this one really nailed it. I cant wait to see where they take this.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2021, 09:22 AM   #25
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Disney+ is the only one I know of, although, I'm sure there are "ways" of finding it on the internet without paying for the streaming service.
Bummer, thanks.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:00 AM   #26
JeanLucPicard
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

This show is so well crafted. Intriguing; great music and atmosphere. I thought after the End Game movie I wouldn't really care much about watching anything Marvel, but this show is really fun.

I loved episode 2.
JeanLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 12:30 PM   #27
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLucPicard View Post
This show is so well crafted. Intriguing; great music and atmosphere. I thought after the End Game movie I wouldn't really care much about watching anything Marvel, but this show is really fun.

I loved episode 2.
Hmm. Like you I'm pretty well had my fill of comic book movies and shows as I didn't bother with any movies after End Game or WandaVision. I do like Tom Hiddleston's portrayal of Loki though so I am somewhat intrigued.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 01:18 PM   #28
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Oh my, I didn't see The Variant reveal coming. That they followed up on an excellent episode 1 with an even better episode 2 bodes well for the whole series.

Glad they did this it'd be a shame to have not had any more Hiddleston after Endgame.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:47 PM   #29
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Fun!
Old 06-16-2021, 09:11 PM   #30
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

YES! I got my wish. Also super fun episode.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:11 PM   #31
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Oh my, I didn't see The Variant reveal coming. That they followed up on an excellent episode 1 with an even better episode 2 bodes well for the whole series.

Glad they did this it'd be a shame to have not had any more Hiddleston after Endgame.
I still think there the same Loki. If you notice in episode one the Loki gender was fluid in the folder. Also that Loki betraying the TVA and going with lady Loki would have created a variant event but because it happened at an apocalypse event in goes undetected in the timeline. Also it makes sense why lady Loki gives the girl the blue gum as a clue to draw Loki to the right location.

I love miss minute and Owen Wilson’s answer to the philosophical question of where do we come from. I’m disappointed they broke up Wilson and Loki so early but with only six episodes you got to keep up with the pace.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:30 PM   #32
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Hmm. Like you I'm pretty well had my fill of comic book movies and shows as I didn't bother with any movies after End Game or WandaVision. I do like Tom Hiddleston's portrayal of Loki though so I am somewhat intrigued.
I thought I'd be the same, and I wasn't overly impressed by WandaVision or FatWS (the former not as weird as it could have been, the latter suffering from late stages re-cutting). I think the uninteded Covid break really helped my fatigure wear off and settle into the post End-Game universe.

Loki so far is quite superior to the other two shows, both in concept and execution. And I feel as though you could watch Loki and not the other two and feel caught up with however they go into the next phase. But I do feel it will probably actually be pretty crucial so I would invest in it if you enjoy Marvel overall.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:47 AM   #33
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Hiddleston is killing it. I don't know if the Loki character in this story would work as well without him.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:50 AM   #34
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty typical Disney/Marvel Production values, but I'm really loving this story and the overall arc of Loki as Hiddleston lays it out is awesome.

The chemistry between Hiddleston and Wilson is great.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 06-17-2021, 12:36 PM   #35
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Loved episode 2. RE: Female Loki, I've read that it may actually be the Enchantress instead.

https://www.ign.com/articles/loki-ma...hia-di-martino
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:44 PM   #36
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I don't think it will be, I think they're maybe squashing a couple of characters from the comics, I think she is a Loki, but not the big bad of the series.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:24 AM   #37
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

All I could think about seeing the wooden heads of the Timekeepers were that they looked suspiciously like Dr Doom, Kang the Conquerer, and maayyybe Annihilus. So, yeah. I'm thinking that the TVA is definitely sinister. Also the creation story was awfully suspect lol.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 06-18-2021, 09:54 AM   #38
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
All I could think about seeing the wooden heads of the Timekeepers were that they looked suspiciously like Dr Doom, Kang the Conquerer, and maayyybe Annihilus. So, yeah. I'm thinking that the TVA is definitely sinister. Also the creation story was awfully suspect lol.
Okay, yeah. I dont know the backstory from any source material (if there is any) but either 'The Timekeepers' are sinister, or they dont exist.

I'm hoping they do something a little more clever and dont just re-hash "SHIELD is HYDRA!!"

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2021, 10:05 AM   #39
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Okay, yeah. I dont know the backstory from any source material (if there is any) but either 'The Timekeepers' are sinister, or they dont exist.

I'm hoping they do something a little more clever and dont just re-hash "SHIELD is HYDRA!!"
It would be a bit more complicated than Shield is Hydra. IMO it's more like council of ricks vs galactic federation (if you've watched rick and morty) with Loki playing the role of Rick.

The whole multidemensional war back story that was glossed over quickly by the Judge (who is a paramour of Kang in the comics...) seems suspiciously like an event we may come to witness in something like the mad multiverse of Dr. Strange, for example. It offers a lot of vectors to tie these threads together (along with into the upcoming fantastic 4 intro...) with some Major comic book villains for a new avengers mega plot line.

Also, I think there may be some precedence for this type of story line:
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2021, 11:11 AM   #40
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
It would be a bit more complicated than Shield is Hydra. IMO it's more like council of ricks vs galactic federation (if you've watched rick and morty) with Loki playing the role of Rick.

The whole multidemensional war back story that was glossed over quickly by the Judge (who is a paramour of Kang in the comics...) seems suspiciously like an event we may come to witness in something like the mad multiverse of Dr. Strange, for example. It offers a lot of vectors to tie these threads together (along with into the upcoming fantastic 4 intro...) with some Major comic book villains for a new avengers mega plot line.

Also, I think there may be some precedence for this type of story line:
This is pretty much what I was thinking this was gonna end up being

It's neat, as a comics nerd.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote