Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #201
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Anyone picking up Spider-Man tonight and getting some late night gaming in?
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:04 AM   #202
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
I have it digitally downloaded and just waiting for the PS4 countdown timer to unlock the game at 11 IIRC.

Its going to be a long day tomorrow waiting to boot it up.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:57 PM   #203
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tried the Battlefield V beta.

It's not bad but just doesn't pull me in, seems to have the same problem as Battlefield 1 where it just doesn't grab hold of you. It seems immersive and hectic yet somehow very, very bland
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:19 PM   #204
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
I had some games to trade in so I pre ordered a physical copy at EB Games and will be picking it up tonight at 10. I may boot it up tonight but I do need to wake up early tomorrow and I am only working a half day because it's, well, Friday and I can, lol
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:44 AM   #205
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh man. Spiderman is a incredibly fun game. I spent about half an hour just zipping around NYC.

Combat is where I struggled a bit last night, I need to practice more haha.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:55 AM   #206
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Oh man. Spiderman is a incredibly fun game. I spent about half an hour just zipping around NYC.

Combat is where I struggled a bit last night, I need to practice more haha.
Agree, it's so much fun. The combat is way more difficult than I expected, which I like because it looks like there is lots of variety with the upgrades and the skill trees.
The Following User Says Thank You to bax For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2018, 09:42 AM   #207
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Do I have to worry about a bunch of stupid DLC with Spiderman? Can I buy this right away and actually know I'm getting the full game?

I'm still regretting buying Shadow of War and to a lesser extent Assassin's Creed Origins. I never buy games that aren't' the complete edition and somehow I got suckered into buying both of those at release. Although I did enjoy Assassin's Creed.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:02 AM   #208
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Do I have to worry about a bunch of stupid DLC with Spiderman? Can I buy this right away and actually know I'm getting the full game?

I'm still regretting buying Shadow of War and to a lesser extent Assassin's Creed Origins. I never buy games that aren't' the complete edition and somehow I got suckered into buying both of those at release. Although I did enjoy Assassin's Creed.
From what I can tell - its a pretty full game. I think they're planning on releasing paid DLC later on to extend the story line but it seems like it'll be optional if you'd like.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/...t_in_manhattan
Old 09-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #209
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yeah, from everything I have read it sounds like a full complete story that takes around 20-25 hours to complete depending on how much of the side stuff you want to do. As far as entertainment value, that works for me.

There isn't much known about the paid DLC yet other than there will be three chapters- one releasing in October, one in November, and one in December. The first one will focus on Black Cat. They seem like they will be their own standalone things and not too tied to the game's story.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bax For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2018, 11:26 AM   #210
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I purchased one of those Spiderman PS4 Pro consoles. With the $200 PS4 trade in that EB Games is offering it seemed like a good opportunity since I wanted the game too. Hopefully I can make use of this PS4 Pro on my 1080P TV.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:34 AM   #211
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
I purchased one of those Spiderman PS4 Pro consoles. With the $200 PS4 trade in that EB Games is offering it seemed like a good opportunity since I wanted the game too. Hopefully I can make use of this PS4 Pro on my 1080P TV.
A lot of newer games should have framerate performance options for PS4 Pro on a 1080P TV

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 09-07-2018 at 01:49 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 06:24 PM   #212
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post

I too have been enjoying Spider-Man and agree the combat isn't as easy to initially pick up like it is in Batman or Shadows as there is so much customization. Speaking of which I love Shadows of War, I didn't buy the DLC's either and still felt as though the stand alone base game was a complete experience. The publisher Monolith has actually been improving the game since it's initial release for the better 👍

Old 09-07-2018, 06:28 PM   #213
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
Broken record but this game with the Pro looks amazingly spectacular on my OLED 😄
Old 09-07-2018, 07:56 PM   #214
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man once the combat starts clicking you really get into a flow and start feeling like Spider-Man. Here’s a video I made of a rooftop encounter that I thought was pretty cool.

OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2018, 05:34 PM   #215
gallione11
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Dragon Quest XI is a blast. Good mix of old school Dragon Quest with some QOL improvements to make certain things less tedious. I haven't had to grind once for gold or experience and I'm 18 hours in (level 26). Highly recommended for the JRPG/old-school rpg fans.

Seen lots of previous installment fan-service too, so as someone who has played all but 10, it's been extra enjoyable.
gallione11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:04 AM   #216
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Loving Spider Man. I’m at about 33% completion and really enjoying myself. Highly recommend.

Also, recently got an LG OLED tv and a ps4 pro and spider man looks FANTASTIC on it.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:46 AM   #217
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Spiderman is a blast - it's so much fun swinging through the city, and the combat is a ton of fun.

I got to 51% completion on the weekend - 25 hours probably seems about right for a full completion. I think I'll probably try and get the platinum trophy for this game, since the trophy isn't hiding behind any easily missed items!
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:44 AM   #218
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Man once the combat starts clicking you really get into a flow and start feeling like Spider-Man. Here’s a video I made of a rooftop encounter that I thought was pretty cool.

You use the slow down far better than I do. I should get on that.

Love the game so far. Actually having a hard time getting to the story because I'm enjoying the collectibles and side-missions too much.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:12 AM   #219
uofaflamesfan
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by uofaflamesfan; 09-10-2018 at 02:25 PM.
uofaflamesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:58 AM   #220
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
You use the slow down far better than I do. I should get on that.

Love the game so far. Actually having a hard time getting to the story because I'm enjoying the collectibles and side-missions too much.
Yeah -- the best skills to get early on, IMO, are the Spidey Sense helpers. One automatically shoots a web at a guy's face when you do a perfect dodge (stunning him for a good amount of time), the other extends the window for the perfect dodge (and it's a significant increase, it goes from pretty difficult to almost every time you dodge you can get it). Those two together give you a lot more time to react and play defensively.

Recently I've unlocked the 'Spider-Bots', and the Spider-Bot suit power. So when things start getting hairy with a big group of enemies I just drop two or three drones that whizz around and taser guys. I wish there was a 'quick select' on the gadgets instead of having to pull the wheel out every time though, I find myself cycling between them regularly.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post: