Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2022, 01:41 AM   #21
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Its frustrating to see people suggesting it was drugs, Bob was well known in the industry as being sober, and someone who often helped others in the industry get clean.

People die, 65 isn't that unusual to have a stroke, especially as people said with his past drug abuse issues, that I'm sure did a number on his health.

I also find it interesting to see how so many people only really knew him from America's funniest home videos and Full house. His comedy couldn't be more dirty and awesome, such the polar opposite of what he was like on stage, he was nothing like what people who knew him only from TV shows lol

He was truly one of the best comedians around, and from what everyone says a great human being. Such a devastating loss after losing Norm last year.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:09 AM   #22
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Full House is one of the first TV shows I can remember watching.

Loved his AFV stuff too. Watching it back now as an adult, he really slipped in a lot of clever innuendo into that show while keeping it PG.

And then discovering as a young adult that this guy who was America's dad actually has this awesome, twisted sense of humor was such a pleasure.

Gone way too soon. Hope the best for his family.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:10 AM   #23
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bob Einstein, Norm and Bob all in a year. Can't believe it
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calumniate For This Useful Post:
KPJ
Old 01-14-2022, 07:48 AM   #24
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still don’t understand what’s so shocking about a 65 year old man who was about 20 lbs overweight (likely a bigger factor than coke use decades ago) dying of a heart attack. I’m in my 50s and friends have started to die of natural causes - a doctor friend calls it ‘sniper alley.’ Just because the average lifespan of a man today is 79 doesn’t mean natural deaths in the mid-60s are unusual.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 08:18 AM   #25
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Still don’t understand what’s so shocking about a 65 year old man who was about 20 lbs overweight (likely a bigger factor than coke use decades ago) dying of a heart attack. I’m in my 50s and friends have started to die of natural causes - a doctor friend calls it ‘sniper alley.’ Just because the average lifespan of a man today is 79 doesn’t mean natural deaths in the mid-60s are unusual.
I don't think people find it shocking as much as tragic. Since people live full healthy lives into their 80's, his family (and the world, as a comedian who touches people with laughter), are robbed of 20+ more years of their life.

I would say the sudden death of anyone via heart attack or stroke or the like, when they seem to be otherwise healthy, would always be quite shocking.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:22 AM   #26
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I also find it interesting to see how so many people only really knew him from America's funniest home videos and Full house. His comedy couldn't be more dirty and awesome, such the polar opposite of what he was like on stage, he was nothing like what people who knew him only from TV shows lol
Growing up, I only knew him from TV. To say I was floored (in a good way) when I watched his first standup for the first time is a huge understatement!
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 11:42 AM   #27
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Seeing Saget's stand up had the same profound effect on me as seeing Carlin's for the first time with only Shining Time Station to show me who he was before that.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 12:15 PM   #28
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

It also seemed a bit of a shock since Bob Saget seemed a bit ageless. He always had a tall boyish look to him and it was difficulty to guess he was 65. He just married 4 years ago to a wife 21 years younger than him - she was younger than his daughters on Full House.

Both of them joked on Tik Tok and on talk shows that when he proposed, he accidentally said "I want to spend whatever days I have left with you" instead of "I want to spend the rest of my life with you".
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 12:42 PM   #29
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
This is rumored to be the cause of many surprisingly early celebrity deaths such as Carrie Fisher.

Cocaine in the 80s = early death due to early heart failure.
I was surprised to see that Saget was born the same year as Fisher. He was actually born a few months before her.

He outlived her by 5 years.
Old 02-09-2022, 05:44 PM   #30
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://tvline.com/2022/02/09/bob-sa...topsy-results/

Quote:
Actor and comedian Bob Saget died of head trauma, it was confirmed on Wednesday.
“The authorities have determined that Bob passed from head trauma,” his family said in a statement, per E! Online. “They have concluded that he accidentally hit the back of his head on something, thought nothing of it and went to sleep. No drugs or alcohol were involved.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 05:47 PM   #31
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

That sucks as people won't stop being able wonder if just seeing a doctor might have saved him.

I am glad that the other theories can be put to rest though.
Old 02-09-2022, 06:17 PM   #32
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ugh that's a tough one to swallow. Something potentially preventable.

Head injuries are legit, if you're ever in an accident or something serious and feel groggy/tired. Don't go to sleep! Straight to emerg.

He was an iconic Dad for any of us growing up in the 80s/90s. I re watched the series a few years ago with my family and my boy just loves it.
Old 02-10-2022, 07:30 AM   #33
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The former owner of the house I live in died from a very similar reason, fell hit their head and caused a brain bleed. Even with medical intervention there was just nothing they could do.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 02:42 PM   #34
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like he was still testing positive for Covid at the time of his death. I believe it was known that he had Covid a couple weeks before, so not a big surprise. But perhaps a combination of still being under the weather and overdoing it with his schedule caused him to take a fall and hit his head. Pretty damn sad.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 01:23 PM   #35
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

They've released the autopsy findings. That was a pretty damn major fall, when looking at the list of injuries. Jeebus.

Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 02:30 PM   #36
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
They've released the autopsy findings. That was a pretty damn major fall, when looking at the list of injuries. Jeebus.

It's like a truck fell on him. Must have still been in shock when he went to sleep.
keratosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 03:02 PM   #37
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post

He was relatively tall. I know someone about that age and height, who had a fall onto concrete, and same kind of injuries (minus the serious brain injury thankfully). The entire back of their scalp came off and it had to be stapled on. I saw pictures it was gnarly.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 05:24 AM   #38
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quite the bump on the head.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 02:19 PM   #39
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

There was a guy in an apartment building I used to live in who was running up stairs with wet shoes on and slipped. He bashed his face so hard that he broke his orbital bones, had a severe concussion and almost died.

It's crazy how quick something serious can happen while doing normal everyday things.
Old 02-12-2022, 07:51 PM   #40
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

What the hell happened to him?
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote