Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-21-2018, 04:43 PM   #161
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

"If a defending player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by an attacking player so as to cause the defending player to come into contact with his own goalkeeper, such contact shall be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, and if necessary a penalty assessed to the attacking player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed."

That's the only relevant paragraph, all the paragraphs about an attacking player don't matter. The word "incidental" isn't found here. A defender must be pushed, shoved, or fouled, or else the rule cannot apply. Clearly Tkachuk did not push, shove or foul. Incidental bump yes, but that cannot matter, by the rule as written.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:04 PM   #162
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

I still find myself furious over the officiating from yesterday.

The Monahan “penalty” was such a huge pile of BS. Myers moves into the path of Monahan with no intention of playing the puck, for the sole purpose of impeding Monahan.

Connor Hellebuyck, although Hendricks head touched his shoulder, the delay appeared to be more of Hellebuyck losing site of the puck and not tracking it left to right. Hellebuyck was not impeded with or restricted from making the save, he was late in picking up the puck in the scrum and simply didn’t move in time.

The combination of these events as well as the poor skating and the loss was inevitable. If that goal is allowed, the jets are deflated and the Flames win easily.

I’m still fuming from this one
IgiTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:12 PM   #163
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post

https://www.nhl.com/flames/video/fla...698/c-56861103

Go to 1:00 of that clip. It'd obvious that it's the contact from Tkachuk into the back of Hendricks that causes him to contact Hellybuck in the crease, and that contact causes Hellybuck to move to his left.

As for "He would not have been able to get back into position", (a) that's not part of the rule, and (b) Hellybuck just misses the rebound, so your assertion is nowhere near definitive.
That was the right call. If it was the other way around the same people would be calling for a no goal.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:54 PM   #164
PegCityFlamesFan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
I still find myself furious over the officiating from yesterday.

The Monahan “penalty” was such a huge pile of BS. Myers moves into the path of Monahan with no intention of playing the puck, for the sole purpose of impeding Monahan.

Connor Hellebuyck, although Hendricks head touched his shoulder, the delay appeared to be more of Hellebuyck losing site of the puck and not tracking it left to right. Hellebuyck was not impeded with or restricted from making the save, he was late in picking up the puck in the scrum and simply didn’t move in time.

The combination of these events as well as the poor skating and the loss was inevitable. If that goal is allowed, the jets are deflated and the Flames win easily.

I’m still fuming from this one
How about the two non calls against the jets in the 3rd then a weak call going for the flames.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:58 PM   #165
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegCityFlamesFan View Post
How about the two non calls against the jets in the 3rd then a weak call going for the flames.
How about the blatant highstick and roughing delivered to Mangiapane during the game? Or Brouwer getting hooked right before Brodie scored that wasn't getting called?

I thought there were 5 or 6 blatant penalties missed to Winnipeg during the first and second, and then the 3rd they refs tried to make up for it.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2018, 09:37 PM   #166
Duffalufagus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.t.ner View Post
I thought it was a pretty entertaining game overall. I'd enjoy a Jets vs. Flames playoff series.

Should have probably had 2 points, but you take the point and move onto the next one. Flames get to sit in second for at least a few hours.
I think we were watching different games. The Jets dominated us the whole game and, but for other world goaltending, we would have got clobbered.

I want no part of that team in a 7 game series.
Duffalufagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:43 PM   #167
Duffalufagus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
The Flames didn't have any finish, but if they had, they would have scored 4 or 5. They got the Jets to turn the puck over and created dangerous counter-attacks, caught them on odd-man breaks much more than they were caught, and were by no means the worse team out there. It was pretty even - unless you come here, where the consensus is more than they should have been soundly thrashed.
With all due respect, this is pure homerism. We were dominated and Smith saved the game. Out shot and chanced badly. The ice was tilted the whole game.

Good thing we have a Vezina candidate in net
Old 01-21-2018, 09:50 PM   #168
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffalufagus View Post
With all due respect, this is pure homerism. We were dominated and Smith saved the game. Out shot and chanced badly. The ice was tilted the whole game.

High danger scoring chances were 7-6 WPG.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2018, 09:56 PM   #169
Duffalufagus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
High danger scoring chances were 7-6 WPG.
Fair enough. But anyone watching that game objectively had to see we were getting beat all over the ice. It looked like we were short handed the whole
Second period. Jets had all the jump.

Having said that the disallowed goal was complete bs
Old 01-21-2018, 10:00 PM   #170
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:
Default Streak snapped 2-1 to WPG.

Quote:

With all due respect, this is pure despondency.

The Flames were outshot in the first period, but then actually outshot the Jets through the rest of the game. Chances were more accurately very evenly split between both teams. The ice was only “tilted” if your perspective of this team is significantly prejudiced at the outset to expect poor showings from the Flames.

Good thing for Winnipeg they survived to see a shootout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 01-21-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2018, 10:04 PM   #171
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:
Default Streak snapped 2-1 to WPG.

Quote:
Fair enough. But anyone watching that game objectively had to see we were getting beat all over the ice. It looked like we were short handed the whole

Second period. Jets had all the jump...
There is no such thing as watching a hockey game “objectively.” Your interpretation of yesterday’s game is good proof of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:46 PM   #172
Duffalufagus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
There is no such thing as watching a hockey game “objectively.” Your interpretation of yesterday’s game is good proof of that.
Lol. Okay.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:49 PM   #173
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought it was a pretty even game except for that period after the disallowed goal. Winnipeg came out firing on all cyniders and Flames were on their heels.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote