Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2021, 04:26 PM   #941
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I wonder how much is has to do with whether you’ve been to the pharmacy before or not. We were on time for ours and only a couple of people there but it took about 30 minutes for them to enter our info into their system and stuff before we got our shots, at which point it was smooth sailing. It didn’t seem like the best process of having people fill out extra paperwork at the pharmarcy that AHS already has or could have been transmitted along when the appointment was made online.
I went to a pharmacy I'd never been to.

Lineup took forever, but once I was in the doors it was less than 10 minutes until I was walking out again.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 04:49 PM   #942
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got my booster yesterday. Was interesting in that they let me choose between Pfizer or Moderna. My other two shots were just given based on what was in stock. I had one of each so I didn't particularly care. Took moderna because it was a shorter line.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 04:51 PM   #943
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hubs and I got emails today confirming tomorrow's appts, so hopefully they stand. We tried to book in at our regular pharmacy but they told us everything they had was already allocated and they don't even appear in the search. Hence having to book at whatever pharmacy will give us an appt.

Given what I'm hearing about reactions, there's a small part of me that wants to cancel now, because I'm scared of feeling miserably all day tomorrow and Xmas day but I know it's important to get this booster.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 05:36 PM   #944
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

FWIW, the online booking system seems trash. We had 4 appointments booked and cancelled. My wife got fed up and called the booking site. It was a 30 min wait but we finally got an appointment today.
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 05:58 PM   #945
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Given what I'm hearing about reactions, there's a small part of me that wants to cancel now, because I'm scared of feeling miserably all day tomorrow and Xmas day but I know it's important to get this booster.
Definitely seems to be all over the place. About 4 hours after my shot I got sudden flu like symptoms, but they only lasted for about an hour. When I woke up this morning my arm was (and still is) incredibly sore, but my symptoms from the vaccine have been pretty mild. Minor fatigue and chills here and there, similar to the symptoms after my second shot. My Dad said he felt like he was right back into Covid again for a day and my Mom had zero symptoms.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 06:42 PM   #946
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

After my cancelled appointment disappointment yesterday, my brother texted me this afternoon that Deer Valley Shoppers was doing walk-in Moderna boosters. Had to wait about 30 minutes (inside store).

Arm already getting a bit sore, hopefully it is not as bad as my Pfizer one.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 08:02 PM   #947
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

The booster definitely hit me harder than the first two. That was just a few days of fatigue, but I had a 3 hour fever last night which I didn't get with the first two.
Old 12-23-2021, 08:40 PM   #948
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

My Pfizer boost on Friday was nothing for side effects, just a mildly sore shoulder for a day.

My first AZ was by far the worst for me, the following 2 Pfizer’s were a complete non issue.
Ryan Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 08:52 PM   #949
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had 3 pfizers. 1st was nothing. 2nd was nothing until 8 hours later, and then a killer fever that lasted about 7-8 hours. So the 3rd one, I got at 7pm, booked the next day off and was fine all day until the fever hit hard at 5pm and lasted until midnight. Both times, once the fever broke, I was almost completely fine.
nfotiu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 10:47 PM   #950
Dynamic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Just got my 3rd yesterday. Every one has been the same side effects for me. Stuffy head feeling. Chills. Just want to lay on a couch all day energy level. Really vivid dreams at night. I'm not going to lie, I'm starting to think it might be better just to get the virus and deal with it rather than go through all these hoops booking appointments, taking time off work, and feeling like a bag of crap for pretty much a day after.
Dynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 11:04 PM   #951
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Hubs and I got emails today confirming tomorrow's appts, so hopefully they stand. We tried to book in at our regular pharmacy but they told us everything they had was already allocated and they don't even appear in the search. Hence having to book at whatever pharmacy will give us an appt.

I had a mild reaction that didn't interfer with my daily fuctions. Just hope for the best and get the shot
Old 12-24-2021, 12:04 AM   #952
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
... I found we had to expand the search to 25 km radius, and then keep scrolling forward. The results are still based upon location and not availability, so on page 7 of the results we had the pharmacy booking for tomorrow. Sure- it's a 30 minute drive from our house; but that doesn't really matter.
Yeah, I did similar. I expanded to 100 km. Then click through each location and watched for today's date to light up in the Calendar. Got both my wife and I booked in Didsbury this morning at 10am.

14 hours after the Booster (all 3 pfizer), only side affect is a really sore shoulder.
Draug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 12:21 AM   #953
CRXguy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

I'm triple Pfizer now. Got the booster last Saturday and all I got was a sore arm for the day. No miserable feeling like my 2nd dose.
CRXguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 06:45 AM   #954
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm fine now. Hell of a day on Wednesday then fine yesterday. Wild how quickly the side effects came and went, for me anyway.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2021, 07:38 AM   #955
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

I received my booster shot (Moderna) yesterday and was also able to pick up some test kits.
So far only some discomfort in my shoulder.

Merry Christmas you Filthy Vaccinated Animals!
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Timbo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2021, 07:45 AM   #956
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well, turns out my vaccine side effects were probably not due to the vaccine (other than the sore arm).

Boosted Wednesday night, tested positive this morning. Looks like Xmas plans have changed!
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 08:58 AM   #957
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Limited side affects in our household after PfizerX3. My arm was a little achey last night, but nothing major.
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 10:00 AM   #958
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, that was a crappy sleep. My Moderna 50mcg booster was at 10:15 AM yesterday, and by about 9:30 PM last night I started to feel the effects. Body temperature shot up, heart-rate through the roof, and slept like absolute garbage. Woke up and I’m fine again.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 10:05 AM   #959
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
Well, turns out my vaccine side effects were probably not due to the vaccine (other than the sore arm).

Boosted Wednesday night, tested positive this morning. Looks like Xmas plans have changed!
Clearly the vaccine gave it to you along with that sweet 5G

Your vaccine side effects were similar to my first dose, they most likely were vaccine related but they dissipate after 48 hours. What made you decide to get tested? Did the side effects you thought were from the vaccine lingered on longer then expected?
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 10:20 AM   #960
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
Clearly the vaccine gave it to you along with that sweet 5G

Your vaccine side effects were similar to my first dose, they most likely were vaccine related but they dissipate after 48 hours. What made you decide to get tested? Did the side effects you thought were from the vaccine lingered on longer then expected?
I had a cough, runny nose and was congested along with the other side effects.

I read that the cough and runny nose weren't vaccine side effects, so decided to test - surprise!
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote