Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2023, 09:42 AM   #8901
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post
I'm tired of the little passive aggressive shots from certain posters. You don't want me to be a dick, don't be a dick towards me. Attack my argument and don't try and discredit me or my accomplishments as an attempt to make your empty argument seem valid. It's weak sauce and when you do it, I'm going to start doing it right back at you (not you Senator).
Kind of a weird response when instead of attacking the argument you initiated the dickery by labelling someone a communist, especially coming from the guy who repeatedly attempts to bully a 22 year old sports reporter totally unprovoked.

But this isn’t the first time you’ve invented a narrative or gotten creative with the truth, is it?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 11:13 AM   #8902
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Poor uncomfortable teacher

https://twitter.com/user/status/1624422734456406017
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2023, 11:18 AM   #8903
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trigonometry made me uncomfortable but no one staged a walkout.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 11:23 AM   #8904
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Kind of a weird response when instead of attacking the argument you initiated the dickery by labelling someone a communist, especially coming from the guy who repeatedly attempts to bully a 22 year old sports reporter totally unprovoked.

But this isn’t the first time you’ve invented a narrative or gotten creative with the truth, is it?
Speaking of inventing a narrative and getting creative with the truth.

Just like everything else you butt your face into, you don't know what you are talking about nor privy to all details. But what would anyone expect from someone who has such an inflated sense of self while accomplishing nothing in their life and thinks Google is an answer to everything. All you do is attack others and make up #### without understanding full context. So please, with full context, go #### yourself - since no one else will. Don't bother replying, you're the second person ever to make my ignore list and the only active forum member on it.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 11:33 AM   #8905
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Poor uncomfortable teacher
I would expect this behavior to expand across Republican led communities, following the gameplan being invoked by DeSantis in Florida. All of this started in Arizona with Republicans banning ethnic studies (La Raza) and the lack of pushback allowed DeSantis to do similar things in Florida but with a much broader range of restrictions. Actions like this will only encourage further restrictions through legislation at more state levels. Want to maintain white culture as the preeminent foundation for our institutions, make learning about others illegal and prevent the amalgamation of those cultures into our broadly accepted standard.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2023, 01:19 PM   #8906
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1624843635421315073

"Meatball Ron" is an all-timer.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 01:25 PM   #8907
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought "Ron DeSanctimonious" was pretty solid already.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 01:30 PM   #8908
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I thought "Ron DeSanctimonious" was pretty solid already.
Too unwieldy. A large sect of Trump's base has no idea what "sanctimonious" even means. "Meatball Ron" paints a picture.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2023, 01:52 PM   #8909
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post
Speaking of inventing a narrative and getting creative with the truth.

Just like everything else you butt your face into, you don't know what you are talking about nor privy to all details. But what would anyone expect from someone who has such an inflated sense of self while accomplishing nothing in their life and thinks Google is an answer to everything. All you do is attack others and make up #### without understanding full context. So please, with full context, go #### yourself - since no one else will. Don't bother replying, you're the second person ever to make my ignore list and the only active forum member on it.
Sorry, I don’t see how this excuses you from complaining about people attacking you and not your idea after doing the same thing a few posts prior.

It’s pretty simple: if you don’t want someone to be a dick to you, don’t act like a dick to them. If you want people to address your argument, make one, because “lol thanks for the insight communist” isn’t one, it’s exactly what you’re pretending to take issue with. That should be easy to understand. And that’s why other posters notice you being a bully, not because you respond after being “provoked.”

You can fluff up your expertise and project your insecurities about not accomplishing enough, not understanding Google, or being unhappy with your sex life onto other people all you want, but it’s pretty see-through. Your words don’t match your actions, just like your knowledge so often fails to match your claimed credentials, so maybe “be the change you want to see in the world” or whatever.
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2023, 01:54 PM   #8910
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Too unwieldy. A large sect of Trump's base has no idea what "sanctimonious" even means. "Meatball Ron" paints a picture.
Yeah, “Meatball Ron” is a 10/10. Plays to the base and even if you think it’s petty, it’s the exact type of jab that is way too catchy.
Old 02-12-2023, 02:11 PM   #8911
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I'm going to be calling him "Meatball Ron" from now on.

Old 02-12-2023, 02:23 PM   #8912
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
It's an actual talent Trump has. That's one of his best, for sure.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2023, 02:50 PM   #8913
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

DeSantis is playing this quite well right now. Don't engage Trump and give his message any credibility. Trump's message is failing and becoming more marginalized with every passing day. The more he is ignored and not talked about is exactly how you keep him out of the media cycle and prevent him from doing what he does best, manipulating the media into more free coverage. With everything coming to a head on his investigations and lawsuits this will continue to erode any support he has with independents. The best thing DeSantis can do is focus on his message and completely ignore Trump at every opportunity.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2023, 03:00 PM   #8914
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

DeSantis is far more dangerous than Trump. He more of an ideologue and understands how to pass legislation.

Trump is a self enriching idiot which both allowed him to get elected but also made him a poor legislator.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2023, 03:03 PM   #8915
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Agreed. DeSantis is a clear and present danger to democracy as we've come to think of it in the United States. He's strongman in waiting.
Old 02-12-2023, 04:26 PM   #8916
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

DeSantis is definitely more dangerous but I don’t know if he’s electable outside of Florida.

Part of me wants Trump to be nominated as I think Biden destroys him and it’d be glorious, but I mostly want him in prison. I don’t see that happening, however.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 05:05 PM   #8917
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Surprisingly, DeSantis has a lot of support here in AZ. Still a lot of Trumpers, but the needle is shifting toward DeSantis. I think Lake helped that by running a bat#### crazy campaign and losing to Hobbs. The idea of electability is starting to register and DeSantis seems more sane than the Trumper candidates out there.
Old 02-12-2023, 05:09 PM   #8918
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

That’s surprising? Arizona is right wing heaven. The only thing that’s surprising is they didn’t create a state holiday for January sixth
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2023, 06:55 PM   #8919
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
The actual situation is more complex and, unfortunately, much worse.

Quote:
“We decided that we needed to bring attention to some issues here at Hillcrest High School that school administration has failed to adequately address,” senior Jamiyah Brown said in a speech on Wednesday, claiming some Black students at the school were “targeted and punished unjustly without justifiable reasoning.”

“It’s not just about the Black history month program,” Brown said in an interview with AL.com. “The Black History month program and the discrimination are two different problems.”

In a series of community and school meetings over the past month, Brown said she was made aware of several issues facing Black students at her school – where just over half of students are Black, and all administrators are white, according to state records.

Brown said Black students were repeatedly disciplined for dress code violations, even for wearing similar clothes to white students. One of her peers, she claimed, was told she looked like a “streetwalker” from an administrator.

And others, Brown said, were told they should “drop out” by staff, or punished without evidence that they had done anything wrong.
So, the reason the students are walking out is due to the systemic racism that is negatively impacting them every single day, and the comment about the Black History Month program (which the school denies was ever made, to be fair) is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Source: AL.com article
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to driveway For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2023, 07:13 PM   #8920
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Meatball ron and diaper don, riding on a pony
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote