Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2022, 09:38 PM   #7821
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
That’s why he declared early. Keep possible Competitors out and he hopes it provides shielding against the criminal investigation.
One of the reason he declare early too, is because certain US election finance laws kick in when you declare. Most delay a little bit hoping to collect some donations while skirting those laws. But Trump intents to taunt the laws, break them, admit it, lie about it, admit it, lie about it, then fallaciously claim if it was anyone else they wouldn't care.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 12:25 AM   #7822
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Crosby's Hat View Post
I agree. He wins New Hampshire and Iowa and they'll all come running back. If it even takes that long. I'm not even convinced anyone of value runs against him (including DeSantis).
DeSantis isn't a serious contender for President, dude is five foot nine. America has elected one guy under 5'10" since the invention of television: 5'9 1/2" Jimmy Carter.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 02:55 PM   #7823
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveway View Post
DeSantis isn't a serious contender for President, dude is five foot nine. America has elected one guy under 5'10" since the invention of television: 5'9 1/2" Jimmy Carter.
I'm surprised Trump hasn't gone with DeShortis yet...Little Rubio killed in the primaries last time.
Rutuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:07 PM   #7824
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

SCOTUS denied Trump's request to stop Congress from getting his tax returns so of course he's upset.

It's funny though, he complains about the court being political when 3 of its current members were nominated by him.

Also Biden's tax returns are publicly available lol.

Old 11-23-2022, 11:47 PM   #7825
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sarah Palin confirmed as a loser, again.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...-sea-rcna58207
Old 11-24-2022, 12:25 AM   #7826
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
SCOTUS denied Trump's request to stop Congress from getting his tax returns so of course he's upset.

It's funny though, he complains about the court being political when 3 of its current members were nominated by him.

Also Biden's tax returns are publicly available lol.

I really wonder why he's so popular, a whining cheating bankrupt liar who never served, isnt the least macho on any level, I mean he's the opposite of any of the right-wing tropes of a tough guy
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2022, 07:44 AM   #7827
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2022, 08:03 AM   #7828
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
I saw a snippet of an interview with Bill Barr where he said that Trump should be indicted, but that he'd probably still vote for him if he was the GOP candidate in 24. Pretty much sums it up.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 09:47 AM   #7829
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Donald Trump Doesn't Have Any Friends at Mar-a-Lago, Local Billionaire Says

Quote:
Greene, who unsuccessfully ran for Florida Senate in 2010 and for governor in 2018, described how he felt more welcome at Mar-a-Lago than the other exclusive clubs in Palm Beach, but that he and Trump were never personally close.

"He would come over to my table, I think because I was a billionaire. He likes billionaires," Greene said. "That's a big deal to him. He likes people who are rich and famous."

When asked who are Trump's friends at Mar-a-Lago, Greene replied that he doesn't think the former president has any at the resort.

"I mean honestly, I have this friend who …plays golf with him all the time but you know, he never went to the White House. I don't even think he was even invited," Greene told the Financial Times.

Instead, Greene says Trump seems to surround himself with people who can heap praise upon him, and in return be close to him at his own home.

"It's all transactional. They want to be around him because he's the ex-president," Greene said. "He likes people to defer to him … and tell him how good he is
Quote:
"I mean honestly, I have this friend who …plays golf with him all the time but you know, he never went to the White House. I don't even think he was even invited," Greene told the Financial Times.

Instead, Greene says Trump seems to surround himself with people who can heap praise upon him, and in return be close to him at his own home.

"It's all transactional. They want to be around him because he's the ex-president," Greene said. "He likes people to defer to him … and tell him how good he is."
Quote:
In 2020, Greene said he was playing golf with a friend at Mar-a-Lago when Trump came up to him at the 16th hole.

"He looks at me and he goes, 'What a nerve you have coming to this club!' Then he just drives away," Greene said.

He said Trump's hostility towards him was magnified when he bumped into the former president later on in the club's grill room.

"He looks me in the eye and he goes, 'You know, you spent all that money, millions and millions of dollars, and came in fourth. What a loser!' In front of all of my friends," Greene said.

According to Forbes, Greene, whose net worth is more than $7.2 billion, spent $30 million in his bid to win the Democratic primary for governor of Florida.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other...178c203b6e09b2
Old 11-25-2022, 08:37 AM   #7830
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Racist white people are feeling pumped again and celebrating like its 2014/15 again with Trump's announcement a couple of weeks ago. I'm guessing Trump adds Nick Fuentes in some capacity to his campaign team. Kanye too even, maybe.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1596107372992176128
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 10:14 AM   #7831
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Former Trump lawyer says Club Q victims are "burning in Hell"

This is typical GOP MAGA speak these days.

They can’t seem to follow the commandment “thou shalt not bear false witness” aka “thou shalt not LIE” and that’s all they do all day long.

It is a disgusting, shocking thing to say or hear anyone else say, but it is now normalized.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1595492438033936385
Old 11-25-2022, 10:16 AM   #7832
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Former Trump lawyer says Club Q victims are "burning in Hell"

This is typical GOP MAGA speak these days.

They can’t seem to follow the commandment “thou shalt not bear false witness” aka “thou shalt not LIE” and that’s all they do all day long.

It is a disgusting, shocking thing to say or hear anyone else say, but it is now normalized.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1595492438033936385
It is 2022 and we are still believing in Sky Daddy............brutal

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 10:58 AM   #7833
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't get over that so many people believe that Christ is an absolute dick.
Old 11-26-2022, 06:32 PM   #7834
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Former U.S. president Donald Trump is facing renewed attention and criticism for his long history of turning a blind eye to bigotry after dining with a Holocaust-denying white nationalist and the rapper formerly known as Kanye West just days into his third campaign for the White House.
Quote:
Ye first shared details of the dinner in a video he posted to his Twitter account on Thursday. Ye said he had travelled to Florida to ask Trump to be his 2024 running mate and that the meeting had grown heated, with Trump "perturbed" by his request and Ye angered by Trump's criticism of his estranged wife, Kim Kardashian.

"When Trump started basically screaming at me at the table telling me I was gonna lose. I mean, has that ever worked for anyone in history, telling Ye that I'm going to lose?" Ye asked in the video. "You're talking to Ye!"

Ye also said Trump was "really impressed with Nick Fuentes," whom he described as "actually a loyalist" and said he'd asked Trump, "Why when you had the chance did you not free the January 6th-ers?" referring to the defendants who were alleged to have participated in the deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-...665721?cmp=rss

I'm still trying to figure out how this is the real world.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2022, 06:53 PM   #7835
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's amazing that the U.S. is so completely f***ed up that a person can still legally run for the highest office in the land after inciting a violent insurrection to overthrow the government while dining with holocaust-denying white nationalists.

35% of America is just like "meh, no big deal. He's still our guy."

What a time to be alive.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2022, 08:01 PM   #7836
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
It's amazing that the U.S. is so completely f***ed up that a person can still legally run for the highest office in the land after inciting a violent insurrection to overthrow the government while dining with holocaust-denying white nationalists.

What a time to be alive.
Yeah, but like Hillary could have deleted an email from McDonald's for a free cheeseburger.

So like... both sides.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2022, 10:34 PM   #7837
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post

What a time to be alive.
My brother lives in Northern Minnesota and is surrounded by Republicans. He told me it's so toxic that you don't dare tell anyone you're a Democrat. His wife works at the local VFW and has to listen to all the far right rhetoric that gets spewed. All their friends are Republicans which only adds to the problem.
Old 11-27-2022, 12:43 AM   #7838
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
My brother lives in Northern Minnesota and is surrounded by Republicans. He told me it's so toxic that you don't dare tell anyone you're a Democrat. His wife works at the local VFW and has to listen to all the far right rhetoric that gets spewed. All their friends are Republicans which only adds to the problem.
Do you think people that live in say California who are Republicans have similar stories of what they have to put up with from the woke left?
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 01:30 AM   #7839
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Do you think people that live in say California who are Republicans have similar stories of what they have to put up with from the woke left?
Probably not, and what's the worse you would hear from the woke left? "trans kids arent the spawn of the devil" "black people are just the same as white people" "I think universal healthcare's a good idea" I mean you may not agree with it but it isnt offensive, I play an online game with a very right wing group of American guys, they are not particularly worldly wise and I forgive them most of their stupidity, but they are complete racists and homophobes, they think Trump will put the blacks and jews back in their place, the game I play is utterly infested with gun toting GOP loving George Soros (and Jews in general) hating BLM (and all other blacks) hating, hanging with them is a trip back to Mississippi 1955, it's actually one of the things I find interesting about the game, it's a whole world of right wing hatred I haven't ever met before

Last edited by afc wimbledon; 11-27-2022 at 01:32 AM.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 03:37 AM   #7840
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post