Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-22-2021, 12:06 PM   #901
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Got the third Moderna, so a half dose.

Mild soreness in the arm, similar to the first two doses.
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 12:11 PM   #902
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicant View Post
How long ago did you have yours? I had moderna the first two and this Pfizer is far tamer (so far) than my second moderna.

I had mine yesterday afternoon, wondering if I have worse side effects inbound.
Mine came on last night when I tried to sleep. It feels better this morning with a bit of movement. Kept me up a decent portion of the night.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2021, 12:18 PM   #903
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why only half doses of Moderna? I feel scammed.

I'm at the Lethbridge mass immunization clinic that still hasn't been dismantled. They're using maybe 5% of its capacity. No waiting whatsoever and you hardly have to break stride on your way in through the paperwork station and into a chair with scores of nurses sitting doing nothing.

Last edited by Acey; 12-22-2021 at 12:24 PM.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 12:20 PM   #904
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

All the boosters are lower doses, Pfizer from 50-30, Moderna from 100-50. (whatever the unit of measure)
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2021, 01:17 PM   #905
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
All the boosters are lower doses, Pfizer from 50-30, Moderna from 100-50. (whatever the unit of measure)
No, Pfizer was always 30 micrograms for adults, and the child dose is 10 mcg. Moderna lowered their dose from 100 mcg to 50 mcg for boosters.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2021, 01:21 PM   #906
vegasbound
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterpants View Post
Me too. It kills.

Me three. I never got it my first two doses. Wowza that was bad.
vegasbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 01:22 PM   #907
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

People are talking about boosters for kids….I understood that the 3rd dose program is open for 18+ only, is that incorrect?
Ryan Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 01:24 PM   #908
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
People are talking about boosters for kids….I understood that the 3rd dose program is open for 18+ only, is that incorrect?
18+ boosters for the general population, 12+ boosters for immunocompromised population.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2021, 02:20 PM   #909
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've had the same sore arm and headache I had with the first two shots (Pfizer). This time, the symptoms came on faster and hit harder but already seem to be going away a lot quicker too.

I had the shot about 24 hours ago, and the headache is mostly gone and the sore arm is a lot better than it was last night.

With my first shot, the headache didn't even show up until about 24 hours after and stuck around for about 2 days (although, it was pretty mild). I don't remember the second shot as much, but I think it was about the same as what I'm going through this time.
Old 12-22-2021, 02:47 PM   #910
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

FFGDFSAKES. Just got an email that my son & daughter's vax appts were canceled. WTH is going on? There isn't even a reason given. And it keeps saying that WE canceled them. No, we didn't. GD it.

ETA: called 811 and talked with a vax booker - they don't know why the appts keep getting canceled. So she booked them into an AHS clinic - she tried really hard to find an appt for Friday again, but no such luck. Booked for Jan 5th now. She said these ones won't get canceled.

Last edited by Minnie; 12-22-2021 at 03:28 PM.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 03:02 PM   #911
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
Why only half doses of Moderna? I feel scammed.

I'm at the Lethbridge mass immunization clinic that still hasn't been dismantled. They're using maybe 5% of its capacity. No waiting whatsoever and you hardly have to break stride on your way in through the paperwork station and into a chair with scores of nurses sitting doing nothing.
My wife and I booked for our boosters in Lethbridge but couldn't get an appointment until the 29th at the immunization clinic.

What you describe seems normal. My first shot was busy and maybe 10-15 minutes of waiting in lines. My 2nd shot was super quick. Maybe 2-3 minutes of waiting. For my boys (both 13+) it was even quicker. 30 seconds to wait to register at the computers, and 30 seconds to get seated. My daughter (10) we walked right in, walked right up to a computer to register and walked straight into a seat to get poked.

We also did my son's grade 6 immunizations there as they were missed due to shutting down schools in 2020 and it was smooth flow.

I'm glad it runs so smoothly... well, smoothly for us. There were a few parents who had kids who were scared of the needles and crying/screaming. Kinda comical... but only because it isn't happening to us!
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2021, 03:26 PM   #912
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
I've had the same sore arm and headache I had with the first two shots (Pfizer). This time, the symptoms came on faster and hit harder but already seem to be going away a lot quicker too.

I had the shot about 24 hours ago, and the headache is mostly gone and the sore arm is a lot better than it was last night.

With my first shot, the headache didn't even show up until about 24 hours after and stuck around for about 2 days (although, it was pretty mild). I don't remember the second shot as much, but I think it was about the same as what I'm going through this time.
I got my 3rd pfizer yesterday. Nothing for the first dose, 2nd dose I was fatigued, had a migraine and got the chills about 20 hours post dose. Got the same reaction/timing for the 3rd, same severity, but went away much faster as well.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 03:29 PM   #913
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
FFGDFSAKES. Just got an email that my son & daughter's vax appts were cancelled. WTH is going on? There isn't even a reason given. And it keeps saying that WE cancelled them. No, we didn't. GD it.

We got the same thing for our boosters today. Managed to find another on the 29th. Guessing it was supply related
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 03:30 PM   #914
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm glad I booked at the AHS location in Brentwood now.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 03:41 PM   #915
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendone View Post
We got the same thing for our boosters today. Managed to find another on the 29th. Guessing it was supply related
If that's the case, then why can't the email state that, I guess is what part of my annoyance is, because it saying WE canceled had me mildly concerned that we'd been hacked or something.

I get supply issues. What else is weird is that when my husband's and my appts were canceled, I went right back on the site and managed to rebook them for the same day, at the same pharmacy we'd booked with in the first place, just for 90 minutes earlier than the 1st appts were booked for. So 10 am is fine, but 1130 isn't? LOL
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 05:12 PM   #916
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Dead arm is way worse after pfizer dose 3
It sure is interesting how this effects us all so differently. I just got my booster (as well as flu at the same time) and my arm was sore for significantly less time, probably only 2 hours once it kicked in. Any of the other 2 doses (Pfizer) I could still feel it through the next day.
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 06:09 PM   #917
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetch View Post
It sure is interesting how this effects us all so differently. I just got my booster (as well as flu at the same time) and my arm was sore for significantly less time, probably only 2 hours once it kicked in. Any of the other 2 doses (Pfizer) I could still feel it through the next day.
My first Pfizer was on a Thursday, on Saturday I started feeling a sore arm. Sunday I woke up exhausted and sore all over. I woke up still exhausted Monday morning and called in sick. By noon I was wondering why I even called in sick.

My 2nd Pfizer my arm was tender later the same day, like somebody punched me in the shoulder, but nothing restricting. That was it.

My 3rd... well, that's next week. I hope I don't get knocked out.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 06:33 PM   #918
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

My 3rd half-Moderna had the arm pain come much quicker than my first 2 shots, I started feeling sore within an hour of the shot today. The pain is very localized at the injection site vs shot 2 which was an entire body soreness.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 06:40 PM   #919
Bankai
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
FFGDFSAKES. Just got an email that my son & daughter's vax appts were canceled. WTH is going on? There isn't even a reason given. And it keeps saying that WE canceled them. No, we didn't. GD it.

ETA: called 811 and talked with a vax booker - they don't know why the appts keep getting canceled. So she booked them into an AHS clinic - she tried really hard to find an appt for Friday again, but no such luck. Booked for Jan 5th now. She said these ones won't get canceled.
Had the same thing happen to me 2x. I finally called the pharmacy that it kept happening at and they said that the AB website is not taking into consideration their hours/availabilities correctly.

The pharmacy was able to book me and my wife in directly for Tuesday even though they said they are not supposed to do that.
Bankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 07:02 PM   #920
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Booked in for Pfizer #3 tomorrow. Quick question…I’m assuming the efficacy is the same as the prior two? You see the increase in risk reduction at 14 days after the shot?
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote