Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2021, 05:07 PM   #881
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Just got a text notification that my appointment for tomorrow morning has been cancelled (booked last Thursday), and to just go book a new one. WTF?
Where were you booked?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 05:11 PM   #882
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Where were you booked?
Pharmacy in Avenida.

Now I have to rebook, and there is nothing available in my area until early January.

I think the mass sites at Telus etc. were much better than dealing with these flakey pharmacies... Another AHS / Government fail.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 05:26 PM   #883
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been hearing sh-t like that has been going on, random cancellations. More annoying is if you call your pharmacy with your confirmation code, they'll tell you they can't confirm your appointment and you need to contact AHS about it.

My appointment on January 3rd is confirmed via the booking website, for now. If they cancel on me, I'll just hit up the walk-in where my wife got hers.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 05:37 PM   #884
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I got mine on Friday afternoon. I had an appointment for 4 and when I got there just before 4 there was about 8 people in a line winding inside. I was early so just got in line and watched to see what was going on. It became apparent soon that there was literally only one guy doing everything. Getting the forms filled out, giving out the test kits, giving the injections, giving out the medicine that people had dropped off prescriptions for, etc. When people figured that out some self policing started and we determined most people in line had appointments, so the line became the official order. One woman would essentially greet new arrivals and fill them in on the situation. It was kind of funny and people actually were getting along quite well. When it finally was my turn to get the shot I figured this guy is probably stressed the #### out and is going to stick a needle in my arm, so I'd prefer if he was calm. I said he was doing an awesome job keeping the line moving and he seemed happy to hear that. He also said that he was planning to leave early, but that wasn't going to happen now! He gave me a good injection and I hung around for 10 minutes. He asked me if I wanted a test kit as I was sitting there, and I figured why not. In the end I was out of there by 5 so it really wasn't that long of a wait. I looked at the Covid records today and it says I have 3 now, so it's all good. I don't know how much advance notice they give the pharmacies when they do things like this, but it appears they can be caught off guard at times.
Old 12-21-2021, 06:04 PM   #885
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Had to go to the pharmacy around lunch so I asked if I could get a booster, they asked if I was 50 I said no, so they said not yet (I didn't know the Alberta website had been updated already), but they heard that that could change later that day.

Went back later and got my booster.
Old 12-21-2021, 06:55 PM   #886
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, I spoke too soon. Forest Lawn Pharmasave had a booking so we were able to get our boosters today.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 07:08 PM   #887
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darockwilder View Post
I don't know how much advance notice they give the pharmacies when they do things like this, but it appears they can be caught off guard at times.
I got boosted at 2 today, and the pharmacist said they had no idea this was going to happen today. She said they were expecting a shipment of test kits today and instead got a bunch of vaccines and they found out the age limit was being reduced at the same time the rest of us did.

She was also frustrated that they were told to turn away anyone under 50 yesterday, but less than 24 hours later, all those people are fine and have to wait in line.
Old 12-21-2021, 07:26 PM   #888
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Sweet. Booster booked for tomorrow at 1120am at the pharmacy across the street. Makes me feel a bit better about going back to work on the 4th, which somehow isn’t getting delayed, despite my HR dept sending an email today saying no one should go into the office right now due to Omicron.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2021, 10:05 PM   #889
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Got through to 811. Guess there was a discrepancy on birthdays or something.

But got it sorted, and got a booster today, so that worked out better than expected. Didn't intend on getting it so quick, but it just worked out that way.
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 10:34 PM   #890
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just got emails saying WE had canceled 3 out of our 4 bookings for Friday (all 4 now, after another email arrived). We effing did NOT. This is frigging ridiculous.

ETA: I think I managed to get us all rebooked for Friday but we have to go to 2 different pharmacies - hubs and I will go at 10 am to the original pharmacy we booked at, daughter & son go just before lunch to a different pharmacy. They better not cancel this set.

Last edited by Minnie; 12-21-2021 at 11:06 PM.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 08:00 AM   #891
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

My wife managed to find an appointment Dec 30 for herself and the first week of January for the kids (they are Phizer, she is Moderna). Took about an hour of trying last night.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 09:56 AM   #892
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dead arm is way worse after pfizer dose 3
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2021, 10:12 AM   #893
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Last night I went looking for the booster for my son, was able to get one for Thursday. I found we had to expand the search to 25 km radius, and then keep scrolling forward. The results are still based upon location and not availability, so on page 7 of the results we had the pharmacy booking for tomorrow. Sure- it's a 30 minute drive from our house; but that doesn't really matter.

My wife and I got our boosters yesterday, so that will get us all boosted before Christmas.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:16 AM   #894
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Last night I went looking for the booster for my son, was able to get one for Thursday. I found we had to expand the search to 25 km radius, and then keep scrolling forward. The results are still based upon location and not availability, so on page 7 of the results we had the pharmacy booking for tomorrow. Sure- it's a 30 minute drive from our house; but that doesn't really matter.

My wife and I got our boosters yesterday, so that will get us all boosted before Christmas.

I felt that was the most annoying part of their design. Why not allow a search by soonest available appointment versus only location. I had to click on each pharmacy and clinic to see their appointment calendars.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2021, 10:51 AM   #895
Misterpants
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Dead arm is way worse after pfizer dose 3
Me too. It kills.
Misterpants is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterpants For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2021, 10:53 AM   #896
Rubicant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterpants View Post
Me too. It kills.
How long ago did you have yours? I had moderna the first two and this Pfizer is far tamer (so far) than my second moderna.

I had mine yesterday afternoon, wondering if I have worse side effects inbound.
Rubicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:58 AM   #897
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Just got emails saying WE had canceled 3 out of our 4 bookings for Friday (all 4 now, after another email arrived). We effing did NOT. This is frigging ridiculous.

ETA: I think I managed to get us all rebooked for Friday but we have to go to 2 different pharmacies - hubs and I will go at 10 am to the original pharmacy we booked at, daughter & son go just before lunch to a different pharmacy. They better not cancel this set.
My wife had hers cancelled this morning and several co-workers are saying the same thing. She was able to rebook the same day at a different location.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 11:09 AM   #898
Guest1

Not sure if it's been mentioned... What about the mobile vaccination bus? It's at Southcentre today until noon and I heard not a big wait?https://www.calgary.ca/csps/cema/cov...-program-.html
Old 12-22-2021, 11:13 AM   #899
alexle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned... What about the mobile vaccination bus? It's at Southcentre today until noon and I heard not a big wait?https://www.calgary.ca/csps/cema/cov...-program-.html
Actually, it's on until 5pm. There's just a noon hour break, assuming for lunch. 2nd floor near the Bay.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8451145/c...alls-holidays/

Market Mall also has one tomorrow according to the article.
Old 12-22-2021, 12:02 PM   #900
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

As a previous astra/Pfizer mix they gave me the option of getting a full “travel” dose. Which I said yes to. Moderna full dose.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote