Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #221
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow. It must he exciting to hear a Stanley Cup winner say you're dedicated and sees a bit of himself in you.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #222
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Live Legal Stream of Boston College at Northeastern:
http://client.stretchinternet.com/cl...astType=video#

Gaudreau has an assiwt on BC's only goal so far

Gaudreau is #13 Arnold is #24

Last edited by sureLoss; 10-13-2012 at 05:59 PM.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #223
Reanimate
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Live Legal Stream of Boston College at Northeastern:
http://client.stretchinternet.com/cl...astType=video#

Gaudreau has an assiwt on BC's only goal so far

Gaudreau is #13 Arnold is #24
sweet, thanks buddy!
Reanimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #224
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Friars lost 4-2 (one EN) against BU. I believe Jankowski was held pointless. Gillies was named 3rd star.

Looks like BC lost 3-1 to NU. One assist for Gaudreau.

Last edited by Ashasx; 10-13-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #225
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

1 goal and 2 assists, +2 for Gordon in a 6-3 loss against Porland.

Last edited by Ashasx; 10-13-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #226
Miniac
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
1 goal and 2 assists, +2 for Gordon in a 6-3 loss against Porland.
Ty Rattie had four of the six goals for Portland. Not too shabby considering Sven isn't giving him sweet tape to tape passes.
Miniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #227
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniac View Post
Ty Rattie had four of the six goals for Portland. Not too shabby considering Sven isn't giving him sweet tape to tape passes.
That can't be. I've been told he's a terrible player and only scored because of Sven
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #228
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
That can't be. I've been told he's a terrible player and only scored because of Sven
Even a broken watch is right twice a day
Old 10-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #229
Salzano14
Draft Pick

The Gaudreaubey Baker shirts *can* be shipped to Canada for a $5 surcharge. Group orders can be arranged too, just email bcinterruption at gmail dot com.

Gaudreau was one of the best players on the ice last night. Dude is flashy as hell.
Salzano14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #230
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
I don't think there is any denying that Rattie is a solid prospect, who will probably be an NHL player one day, but let's not blow his 7 goals and 12 points in 10 games too far out of proportion:

Rattie will be 20-years old this season, and is playing his FOURTH full year in a League that consists primarily of players much younger and less experienced than him. In actual fact, were I a Blues fan I would be a little disappointed that an offensive prospect like Rattie is not more dominant in a year in which he should be absolutely tearing the WHL to shreds statistically. He is currently sixteenth in league scoring and in a four way tie for fourth in goals.

Does Rattie miss Baertschi? You're damn right he does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 10-14-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #231
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzano14 View Post
The Gaudreaubey Baker shirts *can* be shipped to Canada for a $5 surcharge. Group orders can be arranged too, just email bcinterruption at gmail dot com.

Gaudreau was one of the best players on the ice last night. Dude is flashy as hell.
I'm probably out of luck to get one shipped here to Norway. That sucks, but it is VERY exciting to see the sort of returns that Flames prospects are registering already this year.

Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #232
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I don't think there is any denying that Rattie is a solid prospect, who will probably be an NHL player one day, but let's not blow his 7 goals and 12 points in 10 games too far out of proportion:

Rattie will be 20-years old this season, and is playing his FOURTH full year in a League that consists primarily of players much younger and less experienced than him. In actual fact, were I a Blues fan I would be a little disappointed that an offensive prospect like Rattie is not more dominant in a year in which he should be absolutely tearing the WHL to shreds statistically. He is currently sixteenth in league scoring and in a four way tie for fourth in goals.

Does Rattie miss Baertschi? You're damn right he does!
LOL

I assume this was supposed to have green text.
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #233
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
LOL

I assume this was supposed to have green text.
Why would you assume that?

Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #234
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Why would you assume that?
Because he is a second round pick out scoring pretty much every pick that was drafted ahead or around him and is still in junior.

Outside of maybe 5-10 guys drafted at the top of the draft is he is as good or better than most guys in the draft.

If he was a top 5 pick then maybe I could see Blues fans having concerns but for a second round pick he is doing just fine.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #235
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Because he is a second round pick out scoring pretty much every pick that was drafted ahead or around him and is still in junior.

Outside of maybe 5-10 guys drafted at the top of the draft is he is as good or better than most guys in the draft.

If he was a top 5 pick then maybe I could see Blues fans having concerns but for a second round pick he is doing just fine.
Rattie scored 57 goals and 121 points in 69 games (1.75 ppg) last season. Before the 5 point outburst in the last game, he just had 7 points in 9 games (0.78 ppg) ... given that, you can't blame people wondering if he missed Bärtschi. Right now, he's outscored by teammate Nicolas Petan, who is two years younger and will only be drafted next year. Not trying to deny that he's a good prospect, but his start to the season has been slow and it's only natural to make the connection to the loss of his linemates.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #236
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:

That's fine,and I agree that the organization is probably fine with Rattie's development, but that really is beside the point that I was addressing, and that is the well worn notion among a number of observers that Rattie is some sort of über prospect following his impressive returns from last season. I agree that he is a good second round pick, but by the way he was being talked up in some circles, one would be forgiven for believing that he was the steal of the 2010 draft. He likely was not, and I believe that his solid but unspectacular start to the season is evidence for that.

I don't think that it is at all uncontroversial to suggest that Rattie's likely misses Baertschi a great deal this year.

Quote:

Last edited by Textcritic; 10-14-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #237
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That's fine,and I agree that the organization is probably fine with Rattie's development, but that really is beside the point that I was addressing, and that is the well worn notion among a number of observers that Rattie is some sort of über prospect following his impressive returns from last season. I agree that he is a good second round pick, but by the way he was being talked up in some circles, one would be forgiven for believing that he was the steal of the 2010 draft. He likely was not, and I believe that his solid but unspectacular start to the season is evidence for that.

I don't think that it is at all uncontroversial to suggest that Rattie's likely misses Baertschi a great deal this year.
The words used to describe him were "lucky", "terrible", and "below average" (I will look for the exact posts later). Not once did I hear that he was the steal of the draft
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #238
J epworth
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wasn't going to comment on what I thought of Rattie when the Winterhawks came to Saskatoon, but since it's the hot topic right now, I'll give my 2 cents.

The good: Rattie knows where to go in the offensive zone. He has a very good sense of where the play is developing in the zone and can set himself up for a scoring opportunity. He also is pretty difficult to knock off the puck for his size.

The bad: He did not engage in the play at all. He would find his spot and wait for the puck to come to him. He is not a game changing player, he is a good supporting player that needs someone to do the dirty work. He also did basically nothing in his own zone, again was always just waiting for that breakout pass, never trying to get the puck himself.

Very small sample size but that's what I saw out of him. Also, he really needs to learn to have his head up when he has the puck, he's going to get destroyed in the NHL if he doesn't change his game up a bit. The one thing I could say with certainty was in that game against the Blades, he did not contribute at all to the win.
J epworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #239
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

I have not heard any talk of him being an uber prospect but if people are saying that I agree that is way over rating him.

I do agree that he is missing Baertschi just like Sven would be missing him if Sven came back to junior and Rattie wasn't back. I think any prospect no matter how good is going to miss having another top level guy on his team.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #240
Scoutski
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I do enjoy reading the commentary and opinions from those who are able to watch the games and those with a better hockey understanding than I do, however I have a question if anyone can help me.

Are there any websites or apps that will allow you to select a series of teams to select to follow OR select a list of players and track them in an aggregated list?

Totally wishlist, but it would be very cool to be able to see all the games that flames prospects/players are playing in each day and know if there is any hockey to be interested in that day. The problem I've had thusfar with this idea is that most sites that allow you to track selected teams only don't track WHL or even AHL in a lot of cases so it makes it difficult.

Appreciate any help
Scoutski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 , 2013 , heat , prospects , statistics