Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2020, 10:25 PM   #441
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

I thought this was a good community. BBQ pizza beats pepperoni and Canadian???

Judgement shall come for these actions.
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TSXCman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 10:35 PM   #442
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hawaiian vs. BBQ chicken???
You people are monsters.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:38 PM   #443
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

That’s it ladies and gentlemen, this is the end of Calgarypuck.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:07 PM   #444
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
So what is the standard "BBQ chicken" pizza anyways? Is it just chicken, BBQ sauce, dough, and cheese? Or are there other ingredients that should be considered?
Usually onions, sometimes red peppers.
It's alright, surprised it's come so far.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:24 PM   #445
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I feel if Hawaiian wins it’ll be like the time we accidentally elected an NDP government.
Nah, more like the time Stelmach ended up as premier because he was everyone's second or third choice due to a weird election system for PC leadership.

Hawaiian had a charmed route through. Some big upsets paved the way as well.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:15 AM   #446
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
Usually onions, sometimes red peppers.
That's what I feared.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:36 AM   #447
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
Some big upsets paved the way as well.
I don't think that would have mattered though. Hawaiian would have just ended up being the one to upset because people are determined to get it through to troll the vocal haters.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 02:47 AM   #448
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

If Hawaiian had gone head to head with pepperoni I would have voted for pepperoni, but I always preferred Hawaiian to the opponents it had
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Party Elephant For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2020, 07:27 AM   #449
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Elephant View Post
If Hawaiian had gone head to head with pepperoni I would have voted for pepperoni, but I always preferred Hawaiian to the opponents it had
Yup, no conspiracy or trolling required. Hawaiian isn’t my favourite pizza, but it has been my choice in every match up, including the final vote. I don’t feel like a monster, but it isn’t very satisfying.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 08:27 AM   #450
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a weird final. Reminds me of kinds people request during an office pizza event, but then when I request pepperoni (I'm picky with pizza and a minimalist), everyone says "ooh that looks good actually!" and eat all the pepperoni pizza instead. Because pep is better and a classic..and people are dicks
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2020, 08:32 AM   #451
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hmm, yeah I don't know about this one. I like Hawaiian but it had no business getting past Pepperoni and Mushroom. Other than that it had weak competition the whole way so easy to see why it got as far as it did
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2020, 10:52 AM   #452
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Banana Slug View Post
Yup, no conspiracy or trolling required. Hawaiian isn’t my favourite pizza, but it has been my choice in every match up, including the final vote. I don’t feel like a monster, but it isn’t very satisfying.
I'm not saying that every single vote is a troll vote. But people have admitted they want Hawaiian to win just to piss off certain posters. It might not have mattered the first two rounds but I think it definitely played a factor in atleast the third and partly the last round. It was a bit of a toss up for me in the third round but in the end I picked Hawaiian for that very reason.

Last edited by Inferno; 05-30-2020 at 11:57 AM.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 12:04 PM   #453
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I picked Hawaiian simply because if I was at an event with only these two pizzas, I would be chowing down on the Hawaiian, no questions asked. Bbq chicken pizza is absolutely vile garbage.
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _Q_ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2020, 12:46 PM   #454
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Alright, where is Pizza? Did he slink away like every Oilers fan who posts here around early March?

I mean, these matchups haven't even been close. Pepperoni Mushroom was the closest and it still lost by almost a 2-1 margin.
Some of us choose to be doing something else instead of lurking around the internet on a Friday night
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 12:57 PM   #455
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
If Hawaiian wins may it be a lesson to pineapple on pizza haters to not try and tell people what toppings shouldn't be on pizza.
In most cases, I would agree that it shouldnt be in people's places to tell other people what they should be eating, however, Pineapple on pizza is different.

According to this poll, your friends and family may think very differently of you when you do the dastardly deed of ordering pineapple as a topping. Some would outright call Pineapple on Pizza "Blasphemy".

A quarter of Canadians polled would find it difficult to continue being friends with you

Quote:
Abacus’ pineapple findings come from an August survey of 1,000 Canadian adults conducted in conjunction with Canadian Pizza Magazine.

The strongest hotbed of Hawaiian pizza hate was found to be in the Atlantic provinces, where nearly one third of respondents deemed the pineapple topping to be “blasphemy.”

The Canadians most tolerant of the Hawaiian pizza came from the provinces with climates least suited to pineapple cultivation: Manitoba and Saskatchewan only counted fifteen per cent of respondents as seeing the pineapple topping as blasphemous.

It was also the rare Canadian issue that prompted identical sentiments among Liberals and Conservatives. Among voters of both parties, 26 per cent deemed the topping a sin, although Liberals were much more likely to sever friendships over the issue.

There was also an emerging generation gap on the issue. Despite Millennials being more exposed than ever to foods that combine sweet and savoury, they hated Hawaiian pizzas in greater numbers than both Generation X and the Baby Boomers. Fully 43 per cent of Millennials reported that a friend’s enthusiasm for Hawaiian pizza would be an issue.
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...y-survey-finds

https://twitter.com/user/status/1051441022956392448

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:10 PM   #456
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Old 05-30-2020, 01:18 PM   #457
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

I’d be happy not to be friends with someone that thinks disagreeing on a pizza topping is a reason not to have a friendship

It’s not about the topping, just that they clearly have a screw loose
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2020, 01:20 PM   #458
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

It kinda seems like the main thrust of the problems is ordering something, then straying out of your 'pizza lane'. Which I'm totally down with.

When I ask for a Hawaiian pizza, that's what I'm eating until it's gone. If it's gone, and I'm still hungry, that's when I start browsing the other options (in a multi pizza setting). I bet if more folks did this, there'd be less griping about toppings folks don't like. Want to order a veggie pizza? No problem, order it...but if I catch you snacking on my Classic Pepperoni before your Veggie is gone...there's a problem.

If you order it (or request it in a group setting), you eat it before looking at the rest of the pies.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2020, 01:20 PM   #459
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
In most cases, I would agree that it shouldnt be in people's places to tell other people what they should be eating, however, Pineapple on pizza is different.

According to this poll, your friends and family may think very differently of you when you do the dastardly deed of ordering pineapple as a topping. Some would outright call Pineapple on Pizza "Blasphemy".

A quarter of Canadians polled would find it difficult to continue being friends with you

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...y-survey-finds

https://twitter.com/user/status/1051441022956392448

This only points out that 25% of Canadians are ####ty people. Anyone who would end a friendship over what I eat wouldn’t be missed by me.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:33 PM   #460
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Some of us choose to be doing something else instead of lurking around the internet on a Friday night
I had hoped you were out at some sort of support group, getting help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
This only points out that 25% of Canadians are ####ty people. Anyone who would end a friendship over what I eat wouldn’t be missed by me.
Nah, they're being ironically faux-angry about something that doesn't really matter very much. This explains the higher proportion of answers of that type among millenials. Most of the people who say things like "if you like Pineapple on pizza, you're dead to me" are being intentionally over the top in an attempt to be funny - they're not serious.

And then there's Pizza, who seems to be more upset by this poll than the people currently burning down the United States. Honestly, if Hawaiian takes this - and I have to think at this point it will - it'll be interesting to see if there's a sudden spike in local arson.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 05-30-2020 at 01:36 PM.
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post: