simmer2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow you break it down hey!!
You are like Moneyball!

I'd be happy to play around with the XLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
So I started playing with this and added a new trade analysis page just for fun. Its designed around putting an entire trade into one easy to look at trade

The first thing I did was create table values around cap space value and round draft pick value

Basically I decided on value vs type of players. a 5 million dollar cap swap might equal a 80 OA rated player down to no cap swap is no OA effect
I did the same thing with draft picks in terms of a first based on conversations while under probabtion will likely net you a top line player today or down the road

Then I created an entry point for your team and the offering team. There are drop downs for draft picks and cap. There is space for multiple draft picks and up to three players per side for now.

As for the attributes I chose the key speed, offensive and defensive and overall attributes, you would just need to pull them off of the ratings sheets, which btw I've added to this whole sheet

Spoiler!

From there the analysis section will take account of the overall ratings and create an overall rating which combines both the actual OV but the draft pick and cap space equivalients. It will then combine them with the overall contract differences between players and come up with a plus or minus figure to rate the trade on your behalf.

Spoiler!

So now the Hockeytron 5000 v6 has the following menu options

Spoiler!

Please note that this is a fun little project on the side for me to keep my brain active during down times. Anyways, if anyone wants a copy let me know and I'll toss it on the google drive
simmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:12 AM   #42
simmer2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow you break it down hey!!
You are like Moneyball!

I'd be happy to play around with the XLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
So I started playing with this and added a new trade analysis page just for fun. Its designed around putting an entire trade into one easy to look at trade

The first thing I did was create table values around cap space value and round draft pick value

Basically I decided on value vs type of players. a 5 million dollar cap swap might equal a 80 OA rated player down to no cap swap is no OA effect
I did the same thing with draft picks in terms of a first based on conversations while under probabtion will likely net you a top line player today or down the road

Then I created an entry point for your team and the offering team. There are drop downs for draft picks and cap. There is space for multiple draft picks and up to three players per side for now.

As for the attributes I chose the key speed, offensive and defensive and overall attributes, you would just need to pull them off of the ratings sheets, which btw I've added to this whole sheet

Spoiler!

From there the analysis section will take account of the overall ratings and create an overall rating which combines both the actual OV but the draft pick and cap space equivalients. It will then combine them with the overall contract differences between players and come up with a plus or minus figure to rate the trade on your behalf.

Spoiler!

So now the Hockeytron 5000 v6 has the following menu options

Spoiler!

Please note that this is a fun little project on the side for me to keep my brain active during down times. Anyways, if anyone wants a copy let me know and I'll toss it on the google drive
simmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:58 AM   #43
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'll put it up on the google drive later on today.

Thanks for looking at it

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 10:35 AM   #44
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hf_...ew?usp=sharing

For all who want it. Simple instructions once you download it

All you need to do is go to page two

Spoiler!

Copy and past your players and ratings into their slots based on your depth charts,

For forwards it goes top to bottom
For blueliners it goes LD RD LD RD etc, I believe. Enter in your contract details at the end of each player and if you want to a link to your favorite tracking page for the player.

This will take that information to page one which is your main page and roster page. And also page three which is the reports page.

Now on Page one I haven't done the automation for the AHL and ECHL players, so you'll have to manually enter them there if you want to track those teams and contracts.

Just an addon the tables for the draft pick value and for the cap value are based around the idea of a total overall rating for each side of the trade. You have the ability to adjust them however you wanted. But I basically went with the concept of a 1st rounder should get you either a top line pairing player for now or the future, a second might get you a second liner or 2nd pairing blueliner etc. Same with the cap figures.

The idea, and it might be flawed was to create a valuation formula of

Total overall of players in the trade + overall valuation of picks or cap space = Overall trade rating. Then the differences in contracts or real cap space trade effects is added as a figure of 1 to million ration (ie 1 million = 1) that can be adjustable.

In the case of prospects without ratings in the table you can kind of make one up. I was thinking of adding on later where we could create a selectable table and create ratings around blue chipper good etc.

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 06-09-2020 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:18 PM   #45
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Just a quick stream of consciousness..
I'm not advocating this as the way I do an end all evaluation of a trade, though this is kind of the exercise that I do when I'm talking trade. One thing that I don't know how to measure is potential. In this case What's the potential of Barzal vs RNH and the prospect and picks in the long run. I think that's more subjective and trade based. Also I had to guess on a rating for the prospect as an example.

At the end of the day, you see a minus five, that's just based on overall attributes comparison of the trade and it ended up in the negative, which tells me that its a trade that maybe isn't a great trade on paper, and I need to pause from my original excitement and dig a bit on it.