Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2021, 06:57 PM   #1201
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Ya, I’m lying about the last part. I wasn’t alive in the 1600s.
You didn't buy 300 bitcoins either let's be real
Old 03-20-2021, 07:14 PM   #1202
tony-soprano
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I yolo'd in parsiq when it was at $0.50, it's been consolidating at $1.60 range steadily this week with lots of new partnerships accounts. They've got some big catalysts coming up to close Q1 and in Q2.

Worth a look, if anyone's interested!
tony-soprano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tony-soprano For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2021, 07:39 PM   #1203
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
You didn't buy 300 bitcoins either let's be real
I think I have some transaction history in a backup drive somewhere but I don’t think I care enough to internet prove the truth to a random stranger. CAVirtex (based here) was one of the very first, if not the first Canadian Bitcoin exchanges I bought on. CAVirtex was eventually sold to Kraken, many years ago now and my account and cash balances transferred over there. Glad it did because the volume on CAVirtex wasn’t high enough to effectively day trade the price swings. They did come out with a cool debit card and I’m super glad I used it to pay a power bill or two with my “excess” Bitcoin. Started to mine BTC in 2012 possibly but it was just as we had to move to Toronto for a year and didn’t bother with it further so just bought on speculation instead.

Used Bitstamp for a while because they had a CAD deposit method before any others.

What is it, 21 million CAD or so it’s worth now. Do I still hold it or not? Schrodingers BTC.

Glad you got in at $1500!!
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 08:21 PM   #1204
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think I have some transaction history in a backup drive somewhere but I don’t think I care enough to internet prove the truth to a random stranger. CAVirtex (based here) was one of the very first, if not the first Canadian Bitcoin exchanges I bought on. CAVirtex was eventually sold to Kraken, many years ago now and my account and cash balances transferred over there. Glad it did because the volume on CAVirtex wasn’t high enough to effectively day trade the price swings. They did come out with a cool debit card and I’m super glad I used it to pay a power bill or two with my “excess” Bitcoin. Started to mine BTC in 2012 possibly but it was just as we had to move to Toronto for a year and didn’t bother with it further so just bought on speculation instead.

Used Bitstamp for a while because they had a CAD deposit method before any others.

What is it, 21 million CAD or so it’s worth now. Do I still hold it or not? Schrodingers BTC.

Glad you got in at $1500!!
I bought and sold before that (I talked about buying at $400 and selling earlier in this thread)...this is the Bitcoin I STILL HOLD in Cold storage that was purchased at that price.

Its worth 720K Canadian right now

Last edited by dino7c; 03-20-2021 at 08:36 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 08:28 PM   #1205
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Double post

Last edited by GGG; 03-20-2021 at 08:30 PM.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 08:30 PM   #1206
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Lol who said go in 100%

Not me
If you read the tone, confidence, dismissiveness of others opinions and certainty of your predictions it doesn’t read like a person with a small fraction of there investments in bit coin.

It’s like that with every investor type thread.

Stock XXX is going to the moon then only invests small % as opposed to saying there is a chance that stock XXX is going to the moon so there is a opportunity to bet a small % and make a big return. No one talks like that though. Then when people take a victory lap the uncertainty is forgotten.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2021, 08:31 PM   #1207
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
If you read the tone, confidence, dismissiveness of others opinions and certainty of your predictions it doesn’t read like a person with a small fraction of there investments in bit coin.

It’s like that with every investor type thread.

Stock XXX is going to the moon only invests small % as opposed to saying there is a chance that stock XXX is going to the moon so there is a opportunity to bet a small % and make a big return. No one talks like that though.
I have 720K worth of Bitcoin...20k worth of Alts on any given day. It's no longer a small investment, not for me anyway.

Maybe for big 300 BTC guy over there that never mentioned it until today lol.

The main reason for my "tone" is I was mocked on here for that $1500x10 buy that is closing in on making me a million dollars in four years. Yeah I am gonna come back and bust balls, every time it goes down people do the same to me.

Last edited by dino7c; 03-20-2021 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:50 PM   #1208
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have 720K worth of Bitcoin...20k worth of Alts on any given day. It's no longer a small investment, not for me anyway.

The main reason for my "tone" is I was mocked on here for that $1500x10 buy that is closing in on making me a million dollars in four years. Yeah I am gonna come back and bust balls, every time it goes down people do the same to me.
You should be turning that 720k into ADA. It’ll be 7.2M before the end of the year. Or it’ll be worth $720.

Your “tone” is why generally no one cares how much you have or takes your opinions about BTC seriously because you’re unable to separate the investment from the emotion and bravado.

I don’t go around flaunting 300 BTC telling everyone I told ya sos and they should get in now it’s going up to $1M CAD GUARANTEED CAUSE IT WENT MY WAY BEFORE!

Last edited by topfiverecords; 03-20-2021 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-20-2021, 09:39 PM   #1209
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You should be turning that 720k into ADA. It’ll be 7.2M before the end of the year. Or it’ll be worth $720.

Your “tone” is why generally no one cares how much you have or takes your opinions about BTC seriously because you’re unable to separate the investment from the emotion and bravado.

I don’t go around flaunting 300 BTC telling everyone I told ya sos and they should get in now it’s going up to $1M CAD GUARANTEED CAUSE IT WENT MY WAY BEFORE!
1. You don't have 300 BTC...dude cut the ####ing BS
2. I never made any 1M guarantees I predicted it would get there LONG term when someone said BTC would take 7 years to double (when it was 50k it probably does that this year)

I probably spoke boldly that it was going up big time after the halving yes....most of my calls were wrong actually (way too low)

Plenty of people take my opinions seriously I get PM'd weekly about crypto and what I am buying/selling...nobody wants to post here because people talk about tulips and peak bubble when BTC is worth $2000 and continue to say the same things when its 70k, 80k, 90k.

Last edited by dino7c; 03-21-2021 at 11:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2021, 10:55 PM   #1210
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
1. You don't have 300 BTC...dude cut the ####ing BS
2. I never made any 1M guarantees I predicted it would get there LONG term when someone said BTC would take 7 years to double (when it was 50k it probably does that this year)

I probably spoke boldly that it was going up big time after the halving yes....most of my calls were wrong actually (way too low)

Plenty of people take my opinions seriously I get PM'd weekly about crypto and what I am buying/selling...nobody wants to post here because people talk about tulips and peak bubble with BTC is worth $2000 and continue to say the same things when its 70k, 80k, 90k.
You’re getting way too worked up about this.
Old 03-21-2021, 03:52 PM   #1211
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That's awesome you've done well on those bitcoins.
Honestly happy for anyone here doing well with whatever they invest in or do.

But your tone and the fanboy tone of crypto investors is both reason to believe on the investment and to fear it.
Its impossible to separate the success of bitcoin from the fandom if bitcoin.

The value is where its at predominantly due to mass fandom, not traditional investment metrics or inherent benefit of the product itself.

I'm both confident the fandom will keep it growing further but also have massive pullbacks.
There will almost certainly be a newer, better Bitcoin as well.
It's just a matter of when, how high can Bitcoin go before that and what happens to it when the better steals the fanboys.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2021, 07:44 PM   #1212
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
That's awesome you've done well on those bitcoins.
Honestly happy for anyone here doing well with whatever they invest in or do.

But your tone and the fanboy tone of crypto investors is both reason to believe on the investment and to fear it.
Its impossible to separate the success of bitcoin from the fandom if bitcoin.

The value is where its at predominantly due to mass fandom, not traditional investment metrics or inherent benefit of the product itself.

I'm both confident the fandom will keep it growing further but also have massive pullbacks.
There will almost certainly be a newer, better Bitcoin as well.
It's just a matter of when, how high can Bitcoin go before that and what happens to it when the better steals the fanboys

You know these things are computers right? They can receive upgrades to make them faster, stronger etc. as time goes on.
IMO the people holding their breath waiting for a new better Bitcoin are going to be very disappointed when it’s the global reserve currency.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 07:47 PM   #1213
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
You know these things are computers right? They can receive upgrades to make them faster, stronger etc. as time goes on.
IMO the people holding their breath waiting for a new better Bitcoin are going to be very disappointed when it’s the global reserve currency.
Good for your great great great grandchildren then. You better include your private keys in your will.
Old 03-21-2021, 07:53 PM   #1214
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Dino I don’t know you, but I feel uncomfortably obligated to say that if you spent $15k on Bitcoin and it’s now worth $700k... please... cash the F out and start the car. Take the money and run.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Fonz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2021, 08:06 PM   #1215
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Bitcoin are computers??

Here's Ray Dalio's thoughts on it. I believe him to be correct on this point about Bitcoin and the inevitable competition.
Quote:
Although Bitcoin is limited in supply, digital currencies are not limited in supply because new ones have come along and will continue to come along to compete so the supply of Bitcoin-like assets should, and competition will, play a role in determining Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency prices. In fact I assume that better ones will come along and displace this one because that is the way the evolution of everything works—i.e., new ways of doing things and new things always have and always will replace old ways of doing things and old things. Since the way Bitcoin works is fixed, it won’t be able to evolve and I presume that a better alternative will be invented and pass it by. I see that as a risk.
https://www.bridgewater.com/research...hts-on-bitcoin

Last edited by Winsor_Pilates; 03-21-2021 at 08:11 PM.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:15 PM   #1216
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
Dino I don’t know you, but I feel uncomfortably obligated to say that if you spent $15k on Bitcoin and it’s now worth $700k... please... cash the F out and start the car. Take the money and run.
Be honest...you would have said the same thing in January 2017 about 200K
Old 03-21-2021, 09:25 PM   #1217
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Bitcoin are computers??

Here's Ray Dalio's thoughts on it. I believe him to be correct on this point about Bitcoin and the inevitable competition.

https://www.bridgewater.com/research...hts-on-bitcoin
The limited supply coin held by millionaires and billionaires will be the store of wealth coin not the every day use coin. The vast majority of BTC being bought right now is being bought by the ultra rich. The more diamond hands are holding it the more stable it will become. Bitcoin does what it needs to do very well.

Alt coins will fight over the daily use stuff and retail investors

IMO
Old 03-21-2021, 10:33 PM   #1218
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Quote:
Be honest...you would have said the same thing in January 2017 about 200K
100% I would have
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:23 AM   #1219
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
100% I would have
so I have made another 500k not listening to you
Old 03-22-2021, 08:06 AM   #1220
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

You've made $0 until you have the cash in hand.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bitcoin , cryptocurrency , ethereum