Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2024, 12:14 PM   #1621
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
The guy who won the match for you cant play the next match because he couldnt keep his shirt on.
Yeah but it’s a dumb rule. He scored what could well be the biggest goal of his career. You can’t blame him for celebrating and losing his mind.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 12:22 PM   #1622
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
Big credit to United, that battled well all game. That one was pretty wild, goals off of rebounds, deflections, turnovers.
One of the turning point in my eyes.

Bradley coming on. Garnacho ran riot afterwards.

Nunez cost you. At both ends.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 02:23 PM   #1623
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

The true Klopp. The mask slips.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1769455145195069921

Old 03-17-2024, 11:08 PM   #1624
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
For the 30 somethingth time
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2024, 07:33 AM   #1625
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jurgen: How do you feel about being credited as the man that unlocked Antony's right foot?

Old 03-18-2024, 08:37 AM   #1626
MegaErtz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Forest docked four points. I think Luton have a great chance of staying up.
MegaErtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 08:44 AM   #1627
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is beyond a joke.

Do something material about the cheats that have bought every trophy in club football.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2024, 09:50 AM   #1628
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
It's a shame spurs Fulham was cancelled

Definitely didnt happen

Definitely didnt get boat raced from minute 1

Definitely didnt have a shameful performance by everyone but vicario
What a game! From the first whistle to the last, Fulham finally played a match. Much needed win
brocoli is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brocoli For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 01:01 PM   #1629
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Leicester City have angrily hit back at the Premier League after becoming the fourth club charged with breaching the Profitability and Sustainability rules.

Title winners under Claudio Ranieri in 2016, Leicester say they are “extremely disappointed” with the League’s decision to refer them to an independent commission, which raises the prospect of a hefty points deduction next season.

In a punchy statement announced shortly after the charge, Leicester say they “will continue to defend itself from any unlawful acts by the football authorities”.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...xt-season-psr/

anyone but the big boys, as usual. Not to defend the clubs who are punished for breaking the rules, but to say it leaves a sour taste when you see City and their 115 charges go unpunished at the same time would be an understatement.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 01:37 PM   #1630
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Which season are they in violation for? I could only read the first few sentences.
Old 03-21-2024, 03:44 PM   #1631
The Hendog
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Which season are they in violation for? I could only read the first few sentences.
The alleged breach relates to the assessment period ending season 2022/23, when the club was a member of the Premier League.

https://www.thescore.com/engch/news/2874253
The Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Hendog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2024, 04:48 AM   #1632
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
anyone but the big boys, as usual. Not to defend the clubs who are punished for breaking the rules, but to say it leaves a sour taste when you see City and their 115 charges go unpunished at the same time would be an understatement.
It's definitely frustrating but the rules have been "broken" in two very different ways. Everton, Leicester and Forest have all submitted their books that clearly show they have breached the rules they had a vote in adopting. It's a case of pleading guilty and hoping for leniency when the PL administers a punishment.

In contrast, City have submitted books that show no breaches and the PL is claiming that this is a result of falsifications (i.e. numerous breaches). City is claiming innocence and the PL has to build a complex case and successfully prove this case (i.e. the incidence of 115 breaches). That takes a ton of time.
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Addick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 06:34 AM   #1633
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addick View Post
It's definitely frustrating but the rules have been "broken" in two very different ways. Everton, Leicester and Forest have all submitted their books that clearly show they have breached the rules they had a vote in adopting. It's a case of pleading guilty and hoping for leniency when the PL administers a punishment.

In contrast, City have submitted books that show no breaches and the PL is claiming that this is a result of falsifications (i.e. numerous breaches). City is claiming innocence and the PL has to build a complex case and successfully prove this case (i.e. the incidence of 115 breaches). That takes a ton of time.
Apparently that case was supposed to be dealt with by June. I’m not sure about that, but hopefully. And then you have Chelsea. They’ve admitted fault, and pretty clearly have huge FFP issues these days, and still manage to fly under the radar.

The entire RA era is questionable. Then you have the transfer from Roman to Boehly (which is Saudi backed anyway) and it’s pretty gross how the league has let this type of thing happen. My biggest annoyance with that is that Chelsea owed Roman about $1.5b and it just got swept under the rug and disappeared. How can that be? How do you just absolve the debt and how is that not a clear violation of FFP?
Old 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM   #1634
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Apparently that case was supposed to be dealt with by June. I’m not sure about that, but hopefully. And then you have Chelsea. They’ve admitted fault, and pretty clearly have huge FFP issues these days, and still manage to fly under the radar.

The entire RA era is questionable. Then you have the transfer from Roman to Boehly (which is Saudi backed anyway) and it’s pretty gross how the league has let this type of thing happen. My biggest annoyance with that is that Chelsea owed Roman about $1.5b and it just got swept under the rug and disappeared. How can that be? How do you just absolve the debt and how is that not a clear violation of FFP?
Many unreliable Russian windows in Stamford Bridge...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2024, 08:26 AM   #1635
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1773354736994996515

not limited to football, obviously, but I'm convinced some of those players are so stupid they would hardly be able to survive if they couldn't kick a ball. Incredible.
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2024, 09:17 AM   #1636
MegaErtz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

He's an admitted gambling addict. He can't stop himself. I sympathize, but feel that he should receive a lifetime ban from playing football. Newcastle are just going to have to eat the money they've invested in him.
MegaErtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 01:33 PM   #1637
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1773382339055296973

that was in Newcastles first PL game of the season.

I sympathize with him suffering from addiction, but that #### should have no place in the game.
Old 03-28-2024, 01:55 PM   #1638
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a waste of talent.

I do think these leagues have to look themselves in the mirrors on this though.

They promote betting everywhere. Players are all sponsored by these "betting partners" and then it's a tragedy when they place bets.

Still stupid on the players parts, but honestly these leagues are creating the culture of it.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 02:07 PM   #1639
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is playing craps or blackjack or roulette just not good enough for satisfying the gambling itch? But yeah the gambling and sports league relationship is a huge problem, but besides just the ad money from gambling companies we know sports leagues enjoy that fact that games people wouldn't normally not care about can be made meaningful by a bet. No idea how it can be undone with how in bed they are.
Old 03-30-2024, 09:58 AM   #1640
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brutal penalty decision in favor of Chelsea.
Then send off the Burnley defender & manager on top of it. One of the worst bits of officiating I've seen in a while.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote