Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2014, 11:14 AM   #41
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
That scene is 3 minutes and 57 seconds long. The other two and a half hours of the movie are hot garbage.

Doesn't matter. It happened. Entire movie is rendered amazing and near Oscar worthy because of it.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:41 PM   #42
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Back on topic.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/micha...tion-1.1627740
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:11 PM   #43
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Stage fright or whatever it's pretty bizarre to see a man of his power in Hollywood just clam up and walk off stage without uttering a word leaving a large crowd of spectators thinking; "WTF did I just see?". I've seen him do interviews before and he looked very comfortable on the stage until the teleprompter messes up. It appears that he wasn't really prepared about the product or the message he was supposed to convey and showed up to read a teleprompter and collect a cheque. The teleprompter screws up and he really had no idea what he was there for or what the TV was about.
Well interviews are a lot different than speaking to a crowd. I dunno, just the way it looked to me. There could be more to it. Who knows.

His comments seem to show he knows he screwed up. Not really a biggie.

I'm no Michael Bay defender, I think his movies are horrible. I wouldn't even give the first Transformers a pass. And the comments on Bad Boys are right on the nose (though to be fair, it is called Bad Boys, not Heroic Cops). But this seems to be a fairly odd reason to jump on the man.

I think it looks a lot worse than it really is. And he is reaching out to the sponsor now, and attempting to right the ship.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:06 PM   #44
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

You know Samsung probably got 10x the exposure this way, so it's not all bad. I'm sure everyone at the event had a good chuckle too.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #45
Temporary_User
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I've didn't realize Bad Boys was a Michael Bay movie. I never really pay attention to who the director is of any movie. I don't think I ever heard Bay's name until Transformers and all the jokes started appearing everywhere about Bay going overboard with explosions and special effects.

I haven't seen the Transformers yet, but I did enjoy Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddon, The Island, and Pearl Harbour all in their time (or at least didn't hate them). Bad Boys 2 is what made me come to hate Will Smith, just made me realize he was the same cocky character in all of his films (or was until that point). It was just like the Fresh Prince grew up into all of these characters.

Temporary_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:26 AM   #46
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

I really liked The Rock, in fact it's one of my favorite action movies ever. But all the rest... Blech. Didn't even like Armageddon, though I know many people did, so I won't rip on it too much.

But yeah, even then Bay was starting to get his reputation with over the top explosions and such. I remember the comments that the movie was too loud, you could even hear the theatre beside you if it was playing that film, and you had a soft spot in your movie.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:58 AM   #47
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I just came to post some of my favourite Micheal Bay youtube clips.

NSFW!

Old 01-09-2014, 07:02 AM   #48
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporary_User View Post
I've didn't realize Bad Boys was a Michael Bay movie. I never really pay attention to who the director is of any movie. I don't think I ever heard Bay's name until Transformers and all the jokes started appearing everywhere about Bay going overboard with explosions and special effects.

I haven't seen the Transformers yet, but I did enjoy Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddon, The Island, and Pearl Harbour all in their time (or at least didn't hate them). Bad Boys 2 is what made me come to hate Will Smith, just made me realize he was the same cocky character in all of his films (or was until that point). It was just like the Fresh Prince grew up into all of these characters.
Pearl Harbor is one of the rare (only?) times I've ever walked out of a theater mid movie, it was painful. I think I was only 18 or 19 at the time and even a couple stupid teens on a date thought it was total trash.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:20 AM   #49
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Pearl Harbor is one of the rare (only?) times I've ever walked out of a theater mid movie, it was painful. I think I was only 18 or 19 at the time and even a couple stupid teens on a date thought it was total trash.
Yeah...if you FFW to the last hour of the movie when all the action starts (ie the only thing Bay knows how to do) it's pretty good. The dog fighting around Hawaii and such is pretty awesome. But the lead up with the love triangle and what not is nausiating.

But Kate Beckinsale, sooo yea.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:10 AM   #50
Temporary_User
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

To be honest I don't actually remember anything about the movie Pearl Harbor. I would have been 16 when it came out and haven't seen it since. Maybe I'll give it a download here and see what I really think of it.

Temporary_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #51
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporary_User View Post
To be honest I don't actually remember anything about the movie Pearl Harbor. I would have been 16 when it came out and haven't seen it since. Maybe I'll give it a download here and see what I really think of it.
I was in the same boat and re-watched it a couple years ago. Like I said, I recommend using FFW.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #52
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
I was in the same boat and re-watched it a couple years ago. Like I said, I recommend using FFW.
I only ever watch the Japanese attack segment...

It is sad that the guy couldn't even formulate a proper sentence regarding his life/career to at least get through the speech and not leave the host standing out there with his beanbag out. I can cut the guy some slack if it was indeed stage fright, but it looks more like a hissy fit over the Teleprompter to me. He came out really strong with that little leg kick though.

I guess he is too used to blowing everyone's minds with "situations far beyond anyone's life experiences" that a mundane speech was beneath him.

What a c**t

Last edited by nixon45; 01-09-2014 at 12:26 PM.
nixon45 is offline   Reply With Quote