Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Travis Munroe | Realtor® & Property Manager
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2010, 08:34 PM   #981
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
I remember in Vancouver there was realtor name all over. Spice Lucks. WDF kind of name is that.
Haha, I see her name everywhere in my neighborhood. She's a pretty big realtor out here.
There's actually an agent out here named Holly Wood
Old 05-31-2010, 09:20 PM   #982
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've talked to lots of realtors saying the market will drop. Heck, I hear that more from realtors than the other option.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:21 PM   #983
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
For the honorary Cookie Kwan award, Jessica Hagerty
She's a babe. Well, I think she is. Looks pretty good in real life too.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:48 PM   #984
Clarkey
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
We should have a top 10 Calgary douchy realtor list. Just based on what they look like on their ads.
I'll Start. Bev ####ow is probably a nice guy and all but this picture is just corny:

Old 05-31-2010, 10:06 PM   #985
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Over/under for a realtor to contact the forum to ask us to take down their pictures and/or threaten a lawsuit is six days.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:28 PM   #986
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I dunno, seems like every six months or so we get some kind of email about something someone posts.

The funniest one was being contacted by an actual hockey player (not Flames past or present) about a user here with an alias that was the player's name, raving about identity theft. Apparently the whole concept of "fan" and "alias" was lost on him. He even had a discussion going on his Facebook page (which is now gone) with his friends telling him how illegal it was

His identity is withheld to protect the ignorant.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:31 PM   #987
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was it Hemsky's pinky?
Old 05-31-2010, 10:37 PM   #988
algernon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I doubt he's a deeb, but, I've seen Len T. Wong's bus bench adverts changed to: pLen T. Wong.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:15 PM   #989
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Over/under for a realtor to contact the forum to ask us to take down their pictures and/or threaten a lawsuit is six days.
I hope not! There are good discussions in this thread . . . and more importantly it has turned to a new and amusing direction! So much potential.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #990
Wookie
Chick Magnet

Exp:

Quote:
CALGARY - Calgary is the best place in Canada to invest in the residential real estate market, according to a new report released today.
The Real Estate Investment Network’s report said that Calgary experienced one of its best economic and real estate periods in Canadian history a couple of years ago but then entered a strong, and needed correction.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/busines...#ixzz0pzzUrjrC
Kind of a strange article.

They don't really go into details other than "Calgary was hot, then it wasn't and cooled off. Should still cool a bit, but it's a good city for growth as such it's a good place to invest"

Followed by:

Quote:
“Successful real estate investing is all about identifying a town or neighbourhood that has a future, not a past,” said the report. “Sadly, many investors like to invest based on past performance; thus, they are constantly chasing the market. This is called speculating - not investing.”
Old 06-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #991
pepper24
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
I've talked to lots of realtors saying the market will drop. Heck, I hear that more from realtors than the other option.
Anytime a commissioned real estate agent says that prices will drop that's not a good sign. They're usually the last of the bunch to admit something like that.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #992
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper24 View Post
Anytime a commissioned real estate agent says that prices will drop that's not a good sign. They're usually the last of the bunch to admit something like that.
Realtors always saying the market goes up = bad sign
Realtors saying the market will go down = bad sign

Got ya
damned if we do, damned if we don't

One of my clients is looking to start selling a new DT condo this fall and I might be heading home for a bit to sell it. Would be interesting to get involved directly in the Calgary market for the first time.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:14 AM   #993
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

We're a week into June and SFH inventory is sitting at 5902 versus 5649 at the end of May. It's only 7 days but average adds per day is around 35ish. Sales a bit slower paced than May as well. Prices a bit steady/up so far.

To compare, max Calgary inventory peaked out at 7099 in May 2008. At this pace (which I'm guessing won't be maintained) we'll get there in about another month.

http://www.findcalgary.ca/page_content-19.html

Has the details and condo numbers too. It's a nice site to hit up in the morning.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #994
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

CTV news was pretty interesting this evening (along with the Calgary Herald versus the Financial Post actually.)

They had a short report talking about how housing starts in Calgary leaped by 80% - as compared to last year (when everything was kicked in the gonads.) They interviewed a rep from the CMHC about their numbers.

Immediately following that segment they had their BNN market portion where the host presented the same numbers but described that "the Bank of Canada may have been right about the housing market weakening markedly. Housing starts dropped across the country by 6% from April with starts on single family homes dropping by over 14%. The biggest plunge was in the prairies at over 22%."

It's always interesting how the numbers can be spun - just startling when it was shown back to back.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #995
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
We're a week into June and SFH inventory is sitting at 5902 versus 5649 at the end of May. It's only 7 days but average adds per day is around 35ish. Sales a bit slower paced than May as well. Prices a bit steady/up so far.

To compare, max Calgary inventory peaked out at 7099 in May 2008. At this pace (which I'm guessing won't be maintained) we'll get there in about another month.

http://www.findcalgary.ca/page_content-19.html

Has the details and condo numbers too. It's a nice site to hit up in the morning.

Another good place for stats is on Bob Truman's site...

http://www.bobtruman.com/SFH_DailyMo...e_1869385.html

http://www.bobtruman.com/Absorption_...e_2184951.html

^^ Absorption rate by price range an interesting stat

The inventory growth seems to have kind of slowed, at one point we were on pace to hit 6,000 by the end of May. It dropped fairly significantly near the end of May, likely a lot of delistings. But as you noted, quite a few in June have been added already. Another month of 35/day would be fairly significant.

Some other articles...

http://edmontonhousingbust.com/2010/...es-to-plateau/

^^ Arrears rate plateaued in March for Alberta

http://edmontonhousingbust.com/2010/...bers-are-in-2/

^^ Analysis of the May numbers. It's for Edmonton, but most of the conclusions seem to be identical for Calgary.

Quote:
The May resale numbers came out today, and they continue to sing the tune of a market changing direction. Sales slowed, inventory continued to build and the only demand appears to be for high end homes as other than the SFH average, prices were down across the board.
Quote:
On the price front, all the hype of late about activity at the high end is quite true. It’s not too hard to see there is such goings-on when the single family home average is up over $5,000, while the median is down $7,000. Seems those taking the plunge, are going big.

Our SFH median AND average were both up in May. Basically, while virtually all signs point to lower prices, it has not lead to lower prices. "The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent". - Keynes.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
Old 06-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #996
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's another hot realtor:

STEPHANIE MANRYK

Old 06-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #997
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

My friend had a scripper for his bachelor party that was also a realtor. She left her realtor cards. Such an awesome combo.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:43 PM   #998
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
My friend had a scripper for his bachelor party that was also a realtor. She left her realtor cards. Such an awesome combo.
I would think she makes quite a few more sales if a strip-show is part of the home viewings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank MetaMusil For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #999
algernon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
Please let there be pics.

Please.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #1000
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
What the hell is a scripper?

The C isn't even near the T. That sentence needs a N and a U.
It aint no sin to go to the scrip club. I was just bein rebellion.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:

Tags
housing , real estate