Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2019, 11:20 AM   #1721
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Well it’s not like he called in randomly to complain. It’s like Boomer asking Friedman about issues with the Oilers. What’s he supposed to do? Say he can’t answer because he’ll only give his opinion, which he’s paid to do, in private?
That's the thing, though, he wasn't asked about it directly, he offered up his opinion without being prompted - From the article:

Glen Suitor did in an interview with Dave Jamieson on TSN 1260 radio in Edmonton on Tuesday. He was not asked directly about Calgary’s comments regarding alleged one-sided officiating, but brought them up on his own.
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:27 AM   #1722
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Was he on the show to talk CFL as a TSN pundit? Was he asked about the Stamps?

Who cares if the interviewer didn’t explicitly ask about the reffing. He asked about the Stamps. I see no issue with this. He’s paid to offer opinions. In what world would he call BLM and DD to complain in person?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 11:54 AM   #1723
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
If Suitor has a problem with Bo Levi Mitchell and/or Dave Dickenson, maybe he should take it up with them directly rather than going on an Edmonton radio station and calling them out.

“I was disappointed with the conspiracy theories from Bo Levi Mitchell in his halftime (interview) when he said, ‘well, they’re clearly favouring Cody Fajardo,'” Suitor said.

“And Dave Dickenson, even — he’s better than this. And he even suggested that, you know, they’re … favouring the Riders with calls and stuff,” said Suitor. “I mean, it’s just not a good look.”

https://3downnation.com/2019/10/16/s...t-a-good-look/
Suitor who played his entire career with the Roughriders, thinking that the team does not benefit from favorable officiating...

Well that's just shocking .
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 11:56 AM   #1724
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Who cares if the interviewer didn’t explicitly ask about the reffing. He asked about the Stamps. I see no issue with this. He’s paid to offer opinions. In what world would he call BLM and DD to complain in person?
The hypocrisy is what bugs me, there have been numerous times on TSN broadcasts where he's criticized calls made by the officials, yet when players and coaches have issues with the officiating, he takes them to task. Suitor can't have it both ways.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:00 PM   #1725
fireguyfire
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Suitor is nauseatingly biased towards the Roughriders at all times, so I don’t know why anyone would be surprised he was wounded when an opinion about his boys bothered him
fireguyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fireguyfire For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 02:42 PM   #1726
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If Suitor has a problem with Bo Levi Mitchell and/or Dave Dickenson, maybe he should take it up with them directly rather than going on an Edmonton radio station and calling them out.

“I was disappointed with the conspiracy theories from Bo Levi Mitchell in his halftime (interview) when he said, ‘well, they’re clearly favouring Cody Fajardo,'” Suitor said.

“And Dave Dickenson, even — he’s better than this. And he even suggested that, you know, they’re … favouring the Riders with calls and stuff,” said Suitor. “I mean, it’s just not a good look.”

https://3downnation.com/2019/10/16/s...t-a-good-look/
I heard Bo's comments but where did Dickenson suggest favoritism?
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:57 PM   #1727
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I heard Bo's comments but where did Dickenson suggest favoritism?
I'm not sure he ever did, the only thing he questioned was Casher's ejection and that he would have to look at the video to see if it was justified.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:47 PM   #1728
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Suitor IMO should get a position in Riders front office instead of doing public broadcast. That would save us, the viewers from agony pain every time he does commentating.
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:24 PM   #1729
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1184585646377189376
Old 10-16-2019, 07:37 PM   #1730
John Doe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

And yet he said nothing about the Rider player (either Marshall or Gainey) who complained that they were “getting screwed” (not an actual quote but it was the gist of their comment) after the ruling of a fumble by Rogers was overturned. Actually he instead insinuated that they were right by saying it would be “fodder for talk shows” this week. And to use your reasoning, BLM was asked just after a pivotal part of an emotional game how he felt, whereas the Rider player offered his comment unsolicited.

Like with the call on Casher, just looking for some consistency.

Last edited by John Doe; 10-16-2019 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Something else that ticked me off occurred to me
John Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:37 PM   #1731
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL Suitor is trash. It’s not a surprise he’s out to lunch.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:52 PM   #1732
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's not even so much Rider bias, but he dislikes the Stamps noticeabley, and has for as long as he has been a broadcaster.

So, it's not just becuase the Stamps have been the class of the league for the past decade or so, it was the same story back when Wally was still coaching and when the team stunk in the Feterik era too. I've shown the clip of the Eskimos Stamps game from 2001 as an example.

Did someone on the Stamps give him a hard time when he started out broadcasting? Did they screw him during his playing career somehow (ie he wanted to some here but Stamps said no?) or take out in a game back in the 80s? Whatever it is, it's pretty clear he relishes most Stampeders losses or potential losses, in amongst his other very annoying idiosyncrasies when calling a game.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 08:14 AM   #1733
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
It's not even so much Rider bias, but he dislikes the Stamps noticeabley, and has for as long as he has been a broadcaster.

So, it's not just becuase the Stamps have been the class of the league for the past decade or so, it was the same story back when Wally was still coaching and when the team stunk in the Feterik era too. I've shown the clip of the Eskimos Stamps game from 2001 as an example.

Did someone on the Stamps give him a hard time when he started out broadcasting? Did they screw him during his playing career somehow (ie he wanted to some here but Stamps said no?) or take out in a game back in the 80s? Whatever it is, it's pretty clear he relishes most Stampeders losses or potential losses, in amongst his other very annoying idiosyncrasies when calling a game.

I still remember in the Dunnigan era there was one game where the Riders were running up the score under Danny Barrett, throwing deep, I remember a onside kick and Suitor was over the moon orgasmic.

Lets be honest, Suitor played in a era where you'd hide a Canadian at safety, and Suitor was an awful safety, all you ever saw of him was the back of his jersey as he chased receivers into the end zone. His claim to fame was that he was the holder during field goals.

His over the top cheerleading and crying about penalties against the Riders is pretty unprofessional, and I've said that TSN shouldn't allow him to call Rider games period.

He's a on air jerk.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 08:51 AM   #1734
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I used to like Barrett but that game where he ran up the score on the Stamps forever made him dead to me. That was one of the most classless things I have ever seen in professional football. Riders fans are just comical. They seem to think Dickenson is some dirty coach because Casher held on to a guys leg too long (no fine or suspension I see ha ha) and Bo and Dave are classless while ignoring the the Chris Jones years in Saskatchewan where he cheated to lengths never seen before actually happened.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 10-17-2019 at 08:54 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:33 AM   #1735
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I used to like Barrett but that game where he ran up the score on the Stamps forever made him dead to me.
Yeah hate that. Wally Buono used to do the same to us in the early 2000s shortly after he left to BC when they were stacked and we were smack dab in the middle of the F-troop years. I get that it was probably a middle finger at ownership and not the team/fans, but it really rubbed me the wrong way and he lost me after that.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #1736
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gilbert is in for Roberson and Thor is getting the majority of reps at running back.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1184881513948577797
The Following User Says Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 12:56 PM   #1737
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I used to like Barrett but that game where he ran up the score on the Stamps forever made him dead to me..

Not me. When he arrived to the team in the late 1980s - Danny Barrett was the first Stamps QB who gave me hope that we might actually beat the Eskimos when it mattered AND that the Stampeders could actually be in a Grey Cup game. He will always be one of my favourite Stampeders for that reason.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:14 PM   #1738
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
Not me. When he arrived to the team in the late 1980s - Danny Barrett was the first Stamps QB who gave me hope that we might actually beat the Eskimos when it mattered AND that the Stampeders could actually be in a Grey Cup game. He will always be one of my favourite Stampeders for that reason.
Agreed - My dad and I went nuts and were jumping for joy over the following:

Old 10-17-2019, 01:40 PM   #1739
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Roberson is not available for Saturday's game as he's still dealing with concussion issues.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1184903731193602048
Old 10-17-2019, 02:16 PM   #1740
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Roberson is not available for Saturday's game as he's still dealing with concussion issues.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1184903731193602048
Not good, but I'd rather have him healthy for the playoffs. Hope he's good to go by then.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote