Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-23-2018, 12:17 AM   #101
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Who started the phrase “launch x into the sun”?
Pope Urban VIII.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:14 AM   #102
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Did anybody else notice he's wearing 2 different gloves? lol. a CCM on his left, and Bauer on his right.
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:54 AM   #103
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:17 AM   #104
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Al Gore, but it often gets overshadowed by his inventions of the internet and the environment
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:35 PM   #105
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well he's said he's talked to a couple teams.

Maybe Treliving is looking to replace Jagr and Versteeg in one swift motion.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:40 PM   #106
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
lol, you obviously have zero reading comprehension. What you said is crystal clear.

In addition to that, you've conveniently not answered anything else I've pointed out to you that pokes holes in your contention and illustrates your intention to stymie any discussion about this topic calling anyone who does so sad.

Great contributions.

I read that quote as "There is no grudge, the opposite, both team and player are cordial"

Seems to me the misunderstanding is on the reader here.
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny'sDaMan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2018, 02:00 PM   #107
Easeback
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Former Flames camp attendee & Adirondack D-Man Sena Acolatse was with Providence Bruins too
Easeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:02 PM   #108
Easeback
Farm Team Player

Exp:

https://www.theahl.com/stats/player/.../sena-acolatse
Easeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:15 PM   #109
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Too bad it does seem unlikely now that the Bruins will sign Iginla - still hoping for that however on a very stacked team.

I do also hope there is a standing offer from the Flames however - especially now that he has gone public that he wants one more shot. Sad for him - and us IMHO - if the league passes him by against his wishes. The Flames should care and take steps to ensure that the greatest player to wear the Flames jersey - goes out on his own terms.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:18 PM   #110
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Im hoping someone takes a run at signing him.. even could see LA bringing him back for the stretch drive considering how awesome he actually was for them last year. He might even consider 1 more year after this if his hip feels good and he gets an opportunity.

I'm rooting for him to get signed ~ Iggy is the man.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:19 PM   #111
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
Too bad it does seem unlikely now that the Bruins will sign Iginla - still hoping for that however on a very stacked team.

I do also hope there is a standing offer from the Flames however - especially now that he has gone public that he wants one more shot. Sad for him - and us IMHO - if the league passes him by against his wishes. The Flames should care and take steps to ensure that the greatest player to wear the Flames jersey - goes out on his own terms.
Theo Fleury did go out on his own terms. The Flames owe Iggy nothing, you ice the best lineup you can and if Iginla is not seen as an upgrade anywhere you leave it alone.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2018, 01:24 PM   #112
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always thought that was a gigantic miss on Brent Sutter and the Flames management when they didn't extend a league minimum contract to Fleury after a really decent pre-season. People remember his shoot-out goal but he was 5th in team scoring through the pre-season and looked energized to make the team.

At worst it becomes a Jagr type situation and I think that was the start of the dreaded no fun B.Sutter era that is probably my least enjoyable time as a Flames fan.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2018, 01:25 PM   #113
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Theo Fleury did go out on his own terms. The Flames owe Iggy nothing, you ice the best lineup you can and if Iginla is not seen as an upgrade anywhere you leave it alone.
Sometimes you extend an olive branch because it is the right thing to do ... not because you feel obligated to do so or only if it somehow improves your lot.

You should ask Theo if he agrees with you on that. i'm not so sure he did. if i recall in his book, he reflects on that preseason stint and feels he should have made the team.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:28 PM   #114
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sometimes you extend an olive branch because it is the right thing to do ... not because you feel obligated to do so or only if it somehow improves your lot.

You should ask Theo if he agrees with you on that. i'm not so sure he did. if i recall in his book, he reflects on that preseason stint and feels he should have made the team.
Where did I say he shouldn't have? He went out as a Flame though which is what he wanted.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:34 PM   #115
trublmaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

a lot of what theo says is about how great he is or was. if the team felt he should have made the team he would have.
trublmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:38 PM   #116
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublmaker View Post
a lot of what theo says is about how great he is or was. if the team felt he should have made the team he would have.
Well this thread isn't about Theo - but to bring it a little back into line - the Flames are horrible at showing respect for their greatest players - and using arguably your greatest player as a marketing gimmick to sell tickets in the preseason is case in point - so it wouldn't surprise me the least to learn there is no standing offer for Iginla right now and instead he will be asked to suit up for the preseason next September
Old 02-25-2018, 01:46 PM   #117
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well this thread isn't about Theo - but to bring it a little back into line - the Flames are horrible at showing respect for their greatest players - and using arguably your greatest player as a marketing gimmick to sell tickets in the preseason is case in point - so it wouldn't surprise me the least to learn there is no standing offer for Iginla right now and instead he will be asked to suit up for the preseason next September
Or Theo using the Flames and his comeback to sell books?

To be clear, I'm a Theo fan. Favorite player growing up.

I don't think the Flames have had any issues honoring or respecting their alumni. What would your examples be?

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:56 PM   #118
home_sweet_dome
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The flames could pay serious assets for the not near as good iggy junior clone in Kane or just sign (an admittedly aged) iggy himself for no assets.

In a season when they've already given up serious assets, the playoffs aren't guaranteed, and they are stuck with GG2.0 and staff, it's a no brainer to me.... Bring Home Jarome!

At least it would be a great story and give us entertainment if nothing else.
home_sweet_dome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:57 PM   #119
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Showing them respect doesn’t mean you offer a contract to a guy who can’t play in the league effectively any longer
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:57 PM   #120
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Or Theo using the Flames and his comeback to sell books?

To be clear, I'm a Theo fan. Favorite player growing up.

I don't think the Flames have had any issues honoring or respecting their alumni. What would your examples be?
you just summarily dismissed my best example ... as a Theo fan you really think Fleury needed that to sell his book? ... and you changed my point ... i'm not talking about alumni generally. Forever a Flame is Lame when it comes to the greats.