Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2018, 11:08 PM   #241
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had no idea about any of that. Thanks for posting
Old 02-21-2018, 04:22 PM   #242
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pop just said he'd be surprised if Kawhi returns this season.
I'd be surprised if he is a Spur much longer.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:27 PM   #243
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So no Vince but looks like they will maybe pick up Arron Afflalo. Raptors can use what he provides which is a depth 3pt shooter.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:51 PM   #244
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Cuban fined 600k for saying his team is shutting it down early for the season
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:14 PM   #245
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
Cuban fined 600k for saying his team is shutting it down early for the season
Katz would be bankrupt if the NHL had a similar punishment
Old 02-23-2018, 12:25 PM   #246
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

The NBA is talking about implementing a play-in game (or mini-series) for the 7-8 spots in the playoffs. I'm not totally opposed to that, but I think it solves none of the NBA's real problems, which are tanking and competitive balance. Tanking is going to be off the charts this year with

Do they think a team like Dallas is going to say, 'hey, if we play hard instead of tanking, we might be able to get to 10th and play Portland for the chance to get swept by GS in the first round of the playoffs.' The problem with the league comes down to the (mostly accurate) perception that you need multiple superstars to contend, and the only way for most markets to acquire superstars is by winning the draft lottery, preferably multiple years in a row. Changing the competitive balance at the top end would do far more to fix the tanking problem than creating a couple play-in spots or fiddling with the draft odds.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:24 PM   #247
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
The NBA is talking about implementing a play-in game (or mini-series) for the 7-8 spots in the playoffs. I'm not totally opposed to that, but I think it solves none of the NBA's real problems, which are tanking and competitive balance. Tanking is going to be off the charts this year with

Do they think a team like Dallas is going to say, 'hey, if we play hard instead of tanking, we might be able to get to 10th and play Portland for the chance to get swept by GS in the first round of the playoffs.' The problem with the league comes down to the (mostly accurate) perception that you need multiple superstars to contend, and the only way for most markets to acquire superstars is by winning the draft lottery, preferably multiple years in a row. Changing the competitive balance at the top end would do far more to fix the tanking problem than creating a couple play-in spots or fiddling with the draft odds.
You could argue that getting rid of individual player salary caps would help. If you're durant and you know that on the open market you could get 60-70 million that might change who you play with. knowing you can get the max from anyone, you might as well go play fore the best team.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:25 AM   #248
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last nights game was an embarrassment - from the refs. Basketball could be such a good product if it weren't for the league mishandling this crap.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:48 PM   #249
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Last nights game was an embarrassment - from the refs. Basketball could be such a good product if it weren't for the league mishandling this crap.
Games like that are why I don't watch much anymore. You can build an incredible team but it's a storyline league and way too easy to manipulate, they'll get the "right" teams in as much as they can. This is especially apparent in the playoffs.

The Raptors could be 1.5 times better than Cleveland (not saying they are, just an example) in a playoff series and I absolutely guarantee you we see the refs go to work and the league gets the storyline "Lebron tries to defeat Golden State and bring home one more championship before he leaves!!!!!!!".

They WOULD NOT pass that up.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2018, 08:17 PM   #250
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Durant’s still a cupcake. Quit trying to act like a gangster as your soft as ####.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:25 AM   #251
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Games like that are why I don't watch much anymore. You can build an incredible team but it's a storyline league and way too easy to manipulate, they'll get the "right" teams in as much as they can. This is especially apparent in the playoffs.
Yeah, and seeing them not even acknowledge it as a foul in the L2M report makes it even more frustrating. As well as when Giannis did a double shuffle on his step-back jumper in overtime, and the L2M report didn't pick it up.

At least the Raptors are learning to play through bad reffing better, rather than letting it really negatively impact their game.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:43 PM   #252
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think my favorite part of the bench mob is that they were pretty cheap to put together. VanVleet is a UDFA, Wright and Siakim late firsts, Miles in a trade that didn't cost anything significant, and of course the best one, Poeltl for Bargniani. That is looking destined to be the best trade of all-time for the Raps.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:48 PM   #253
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Only #23 could get away with shoving a referee. Won't be suspended or fined but if Draymond Green did that? He looked way to happy after losing to the Sixers too. Hmmmm....

Old 03-02-2018, 09:48 PM   #254
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, Karl-Anthony Towns was just ejected by Kane Fitzgerald. There's NO WAY what KAT just did was worth that. Put your goddamn massive ego and butthurt feelings aside referees.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:57 PM   #255
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did Jeff Teague think he was playing for the Minnesota Wild? That’s the kind of play that could really hurt someone.

LOL at Jimmy Butler who hasn't tweeted in 2 yrs praising that cheapshot.

Old 03-03-2018, 03:12 AM   #256
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Raptors closed out a game against the Wizards on the road so that's a positive. Miles having to sink 3 after 3 to keep them in it was an outlier. The rest of the team couldn't make a three even though they had open look after open look. Amazing how many 3's the Raptors miss but with pure volume have jumped their totals. Is this really the way the game goes now with just firing three after three whether it's efficient or not. Is there some kinda magic number of them they need to throw up?
Old 03-03-2018, 10:37 PM   #257
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

You guys see the crowd reaction shot to CJ's drifting-out-of-bounds corner 3? The double face-palm in the middle is classic, but you can watch it 20 times focusing on a different person each time.

https://i.imgur.com/9knuYUx.gifv
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2018, 07:59 PM   #258
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

This Rockets team has the best chance I've ever seen for any team in the league to beat the Warriors.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:57 PM   #259
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If you didn't watch the game against the Pistons hop onto one of the full game replay sites. Cause this was a super fun game to watch. Derozan played some kinda game and the Pistons refused to fold. OT and right to the last second.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:00 PM   #260
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

It really is too bad this wasn't at the buzzer, would have been the greatest buzzer beater ever.

https://twitter.com/user/status/971589590480977920

Tags
fire them all , i'm better than ibaka , kawhi so serious? , lebronto , time to go nuclear