Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-18-2017, 12:59 AM   #641
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Sigalet still here, goaltending still suspect.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank MetaMusil For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 01:01 AM   #642
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I want to be angry but I'm not. I'm disappointed. That was the single biggest choke job I think I've seen this team pull, at least in recent memory. That loss stings. No crying about refs, no whining about calls, they lost that game on their own and deserve to feel as terrible as they do. Something on this roster needs a shake up.

So it's Bishop or MAF this summer right? I don't believe there are any other legit starters we can chase. Post Kipper it feels like we're the damn Philadelphia Flyers goalie graveyard.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 01:02 AM   #643
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

If MTL can trade Subban for Weber maybe there's a trade for JG that would pay dividends over the long term. He's been a disappointment.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:05 AM   #644
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank MetaMusil View Post
Where's Giordano this series?
He's been good in my opinion.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:05 AM   #645
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

3rd year player...some of you guys are too much

what the 3rd player in Flames history to have 60+ in each of his first 3 years, with missing 10 games
Old 04-18-2017, 01:05 AM   #646
Angelino
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
If MTL can trade Subban for Weber maybe there's a trade for JG that would pay dividends over the long term. He's been a disappointment.
Trading Gaudreau while he isn't on top of his game would be poor asset management. I do believe Gaudreau is a very good player but also believe he is someone you shouldnt build a team around.

Angelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:06 AM   #647
Flamenfame
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
His cheating on offence needs to stop ,reason for the icing he missed a stretch pass looking for the breakaway. Playoff time is defence 1st be in position . I would only trade him for a center though.
Flamenfame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:06 AM   #648
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
And then when that player has a season that doesn't eclipse the previous one we can listen to short sighted posters like you suggest he be traded and the cycle can continue.

This is why we can't have nice things.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:08 AM   #649
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenfame View Post
His cheating on offence needs to stop ,reason for the icing he missed a stretch pass looking for the breakaway. Playoff time is defence 1st be in position . I would only trade him for a center though.
he was wide open for a break away and Ferland missed him...maybe get him a top line RWer

besides, icing was a non-issue...nobody was tired, Elliott blew it

Flames had to take a shot with the way their goal tending was looking
Old 04-18-2017, 01:10 AM   #650
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Weber-Subban

Hall-Larsson

Lateral retooling is paying dividends for those teams. I think we should look at the options, if a player of similar talent yet different/desirable strengths for our team can be acquired in return.

JG is a great player, I just don't know if he can push the team over the top as the go-to guy. He'd be an excellent complimentary piece for a big elite centre, but I just don't think he can carry a team that doesn't have the top line players to compliment/help him.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:11 AM   #651
MoBiBu
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
If Scott Adams is a preacher of an idea which you support, then you'd be well-advised to get off that train. But I feel like a poster who employs the word "####" would not share my view.
You seemed to be under the impression that the banned fellow had come up with the wording - I was addressing your ironical insistence that he leverage a search engine for insults while you continued to mock him for the use of that manufactured term without having apparently leveraged the same engine to determine his meaning in using wording you weren't familiar with.

Thanks for sharing your opinion that people you disagree with can never have good ideas.
MoBiBu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:12 AM   #652
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
And then when that player has a season that doesn't eclipse the previous one we can listen to short sighted posters like you suggest he be traded and the cycle can continue.

This is why we can't have nice things.
Oh don't be such a drama queen. I tossed out a thought after an epic collapse that has some posters suggesting could have serious long term consequences for the team.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:12 AM   #653
Atodaso
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
With any luck, Elliott will have played his final game as a Calgary Flame tonight.
On the contrary, with any actual luck we would see Elliot start Game 1 against San Jose.

Last edited by Atodaso; 04-18-2017 at 01:15 AM.
Atodaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:13 AM   #654
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post

JG is a great player, I just don't know if he can push the team over the top as the go-to guy. He'd be an excellent complimentary piece for a big elite centre, but I just don't think he can carry a team that doesn't have the pieces to compliment and bring the best out of him.
That's because this is a young team where the pieces you're talking about are - for the most part - all very young players who are still maturing.

This is such a short sighted take.

By the time players like Monahan, Bennett and Tkachuk are matured and hitting their prime, Gaudreau (who is also just a 3rd year player) will be making players like that better around him for years to come.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:13 AM   #655
Atodaso
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Delete

Last edited by Atodaso; 04-18-2017 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Double post
Atodaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:13 AM   #656
shogged
First Line Centre

Exp:

There is no doubt that gaudreau is a great player, but this series has made it painfully obvious that he can be shut down almost completely with physical play. If you want to keep him around, you need to add more size and grit around him. Monahan is not an overly physical player and ferland hasn't been able to create the space he needs to shine.
shogged is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shogged For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 01:14 AM   #657
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

A few intoxicated callers on fan 960 right now....
3rd liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:15 AM   #658
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Oh don't be such a drama queen. I tossed out a thought after an epic collapse that has some posters suggesting could have serious long term consequences for the team.
You just admitted the loss is making you resort to throwing ridiculous suggestions like this out there. Who's being dramatic?

Anyone suggesting we trade a young core piece in the aftermath of a heartbreaking loss needs to take a step back.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 01:16 AM   #659
MoBiBu
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Oh who gives a care
You do; you followed up on several comments related to that particular thread of argument/insult. I didn't post anything disparaging in response to your comments in that vein, certainly no call for you to do so when I'm merely attempting to explain what was unfamiliar wording to myself as well ("word-thinker")
MoBiBu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:17 AM   #660
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haven't read the entire thread yet, but this city deserves so much better than this, and it DEFINITELY deserves better than Anaheim. That's what stings most.

I'm not saying the Flames are better than the Ducks, but it sucks watching such a fair-weather fan base get to celebrate while us die hard hockey fans have to have our hearts broken. We support our team no matter what and those clowns don't.

Yeah, I guess that's just the way it goes, it just sucks. Life isn't fair, I know that, this isn't meant to be a "woe is me" post. I just feel bad for the thousands of Flames fans like myself who feel like garbage tonight.

I like to try be positive but I just can't right now.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post: