Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2021, 04:47 PM   #2001
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
You can be a fan of whatever or whoever you want. Nobody cares but you.

The fact that you seem to care what other people are fans of, though, is pretty odd.

It's not like we're talking about the Oilers here. It's an ex-player that a lot of people like playing on a team the Flames haven't faced in over a year.

Seems like maybe it's time to add another hobby to the mix if you have feelings about people still liking Sam Bennett strong enough that you need to jump into a thread about Sam Bennett to make sure people know it. Nobody cares, it looks silly.
The guy who literally just called me out by username for being negative about Bennett in a Bennett thread. Yeah I said he wasn't good at carrying the puck compared to Gaudreau (he isn't) and that the style he is playing isn't sustainable (injured)

End of the day its young adults playing a kids game for millions, cheering for and against things is the whole point. The over the top fanboyism of the thread is annoying to me so I have a team to cheer against now...will make the first round more exciting IMO. And I'm sure if Bennett dominates and the Panthers win I will get an "I tolda so" Just don't be mad if it goes the other way and you get one back.

Last edited by dino7c; 05-04-2021 at 04:51 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:53 PM   #2002
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

The problem on the Flames PP zone entries was never Gaudreau himself. It was that the team ONLY and PREDICATABLY gave the puck to Johnny on every single attempt, no matter what. So opposition defenders just focused on him and swarmed him 4-on-1, he'd get outmanned at just inside the blue line and turnover the puck.

That's not his fault, it's the team's idiotic PP strategy. I remember multiple games this season where they'd pass it to Gaudreau 3 or 4 times within a single powerplay and get turned back at the opposition blue line with every attempt. They never tried to get it anyone else.

Since Sutter took over, we've been seeing other players on PP1 attempting a zone entry as well and it's been more successful. It seems like Lindholm is the next most common. This takes the opposition PKers focus off of Gaudreau.
shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadowlord For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2021, 04:54 PM   #2003
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
But I said "you do you", twice.

Which urban dictionary would define more or less as: do what makes you happy, bro.

It's like you totally overlooked that very key phrase. Y u heff to be mehd.
"Who cares! This is embarassing! But I mean, you do you!"

Yeah, cool, really got a handle on the essence of the phrase.

Very "but like, I don't even care!" vibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
It goes both ways...you seem to be pretty miffed some people don't want to cheer for him.
Nah, I find it funny that in a thread where people are talking about Sam Bennett, a couple kids have to come in and say "I DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS!" or "I DON'T LIKE THIS!"

Find a hobby, live your life. I don't care about golf, nor do I like it, yet I've developed this wild ability not to enter the golf thread.

I don't know man, need some tips? I'm happy to share.

Just look at how you obsess over how Blaster86 spends his game nights because he's a fan of something you don't like. It's a little sad, right. There's a whole world out there of people doing things that don't interest you. You're going to have a great time trying to be included in all of them.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:56 PM   #2004
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
The guy who literally just called me out by username for being negative about Bennett in a Bennett thread. Yeah I said he wasn't good at carrying the puck compared to Gaudreau (he isn't) and that the style he is playing isn't sustainable (injured)

End of the day its young adults playing a kids game for millions, cheering for and against things is the whole point. The over the top fanboyism of the thread is annoying to me so I have a team to cheer against now...will make the first round more exciting IMO. And I'm sure if Bennett dominates and the Panthers win I will get an "I tolda so" Just don't be mad if it goes the other way and you get one back.

So you want to turn this into a game between you and people who are happy for Bennett? Why?
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 05:05 PM   #2005
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlinDino View Post
So you want to turn this into a game between you and people who are happy for Bennett? Why?
Not a lot going on, I guess.
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2021, 05:28 PM   #2006
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Last I checked this wasn't the "Bennett supporters only thread"

It was the "Bennett was traded" thread.

Just saying.

If you want to allow your Bennett fandom to overtake even your Flames fandom, knock yourself out. But also expect that in a thread with that title in a Flames forum some are going to have a different take.

Last edited by djsFlames; 05-04-2021 at 05:31 PM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2021, 05:29 PM   #2007
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

This has been an "I told you so" thread since his first game as a panther...I didn't start it

People can't wait to rip the Flames for a trade they said was great a couple weeks back. As a flames fan I would rather they win trades than lose and hear about it for 30 years like Hull, St. Louis, ect

Last edited by dino7c; 05-04-2021 at 05:35 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 05:30 PM   #2008
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Not a lot going on, I guess.
Hey don't get personal it's just sad MI rite
Old 05-04-2021, 05:30 PM   #2009
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Going to be a long offseason for a lot of you.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CalgaryFan1988 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2021, 05:46 PM   #2010
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
The problem on the Flames PP zone entries was never Gaudreau himself. It was that the team ONLY and PREDICATABLY gave the puck to Johnny on every single attempt, no matter what. So opposition defenders just focused on him and swarmed him 4-on-1, he'd get outmanned at just inside the blue line and turnover the puck.

That's not his fault, it's the team's idiotic PP strategy. I remember multiple games this season where they'd pass it to Gaudreau 3 or 4 times within a single powerplay and get turned back at the opposition blue line with every attempt. They never tried to get it anyone else.

Since Sutter took over, we've been seeing other players on PP1 attempting a zone entry as well and it's been more successful. It seems like Lindholm is the next most common. This takes the opposition PKers focus off of Gaudreau.
Sutter has experience, knows he has to mix it up to keep other teams off guard. Sutter has talked about the importance of building through the center position. Teams have also figured out Gaudreau and Monahan. It is nice to see Sutter split them up and get them playing with different players, and focusing on other parts of their game.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 05:51 PM   #2011
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
Going to be a long offseason for a lot of you.
I don't think I'll be thinking about hockey much outside of the first couple days of free agency. Too much else going on.

Will await any earth shattering moves the GM decides to make to turn my attention to the team.

Actively waiting on this club to move has consumed enough time over the last three or so years.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:32 PM   #2012
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:

Just saying.

If you want to allow your Bennett fandom to overtake even your Flames fandom, knock yourself out. But also expect that in a thread with that title in a Flames forum some are going to have a different take.
Have whatever take you want about Bennett. Just try to have a more interesting take than “this thread is embarrassing.”

That’s all.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2021, 07:31 PM   #2013
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Just saying.

Really? Really?

Aren't you the same poster that had that absolutely ridiculous comment on the Virtanen thread?

Now you come here and you have to piss on anyone that likes Bennett, and trying to insinuate that someone has to be either a Flame Fan or a Bennett Fan?

Sorry, but this is just another example of your constant trolling that brings down this board. Your posts are almost always abrasive. Why? I don't understand people like this.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:35 PM   #2014
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, for all of you this thread is about Bennett and an indictment on the Flames.

For me, it's a chance to finally talk about Panthers hockey with some knowledgable hockey fans. Keep it going!!!
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2021, 08:51 PM   #2015
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Maybe time for a nice clean Panthers thread

I was chipping in here and there, and when I read people throwing around terms like haters and fanboys and realized that I may have been conversing with children

It became less interesting
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2021, 11:30 AM   #2016
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

"I'm not mad, you're mad"

*Insert Spiderman Gif Here*
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 06:08 PM   #2017
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

soooo

guess who scored a snipe on the top PP

the guy who's too injured to play

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 06:09 PM   #2018
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bennett now owns the franchise record for the Panthers: most points in the first 10 games with the team.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2021, 06:10 PM   #2019
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

So happy for Bennett. Hopefully he keeps it up. I was hopeful that with Sutter coming in to coach us, we could find a way to make it work with Bennett.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to agulati For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2021, 06:12 PM   #2020
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Bennett now owns the franchise record for the Panthers: most points in the first 10 games with the team.
Ah, but Bure had a hattrick in Game #11, for 16 points. Benny needs 2 more today or next game to keep pace.

I love seeing Benny succeed.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post: