Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 09:53 AM   #5421
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Oiler’s Big Game Propels McDavid 3 Points Closer to 100 in embarrassing 6-3 loss to the last place Canucks.
And his first point was on a textbook pick, of course the game managers let it go.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:00 PM   #5422
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
And his first point was on a textbook pick, of course the game managers let it go.
“Right of way”.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:15 PM   #5423
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Sweatpants
...(wait for it)....
and good shoes!
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2021, 09:23 PM   #5424
sarge
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Default Generational Tough Guy

From the last BOA. Unfortunately McElbows narrowly avoided a generational beat down courtesy of Looch...

https://youtu.be/zJxExIImVsE
Old 05-07-2021, 09:32 PM   #5425
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
McSportsnet Effect?

Or further proof that E is just that NG.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:44 AM   #5426
doncherry
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

**** the oilers!
Old 05-08-2021, 08:36 AM   #5427
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
That is much less funny when you remove Edmonton from the scoreboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2021, 09:41 AM   #5428
PegCityFlamesFan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncherry View Post
**** the oilers!
Liked this just for that great quote hahaha.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:44 AM   #5429
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Edmonton is no good.
Old 05-08-2021, 12:07 PM   #5430
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Aye,

**** the Oilers!
Old 05-08-2021, 12:38 PM   #5431
Jaybo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

“I don’t know if I’ve ever seen the first four shots go in your net,” said Oilers head coach Dave Tippett, who has only been in hockey for a short time.”

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...atest-debacle/
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaybo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2021, 01:02 PM   #5432
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

If they weren't before, the knives are out for Koskinen from the organization, to be filtered through the press, to the fans.

Remember the day they signed Koskinen, which shocked Talbot, who had no idea his backup was getting re signed long term before he was, out of typical Oilers "we are smarter then everyone else" put Talbot in the next game, who gave zeros ####s at that point as the Oilers organization abandoned him, and played terrible, getting pulled in the first.

It's not a conincidence that we are seeing the suck up Sportsnet articles praising Smith either right now.

Koskinen is being treated like garbage and a second hand citizen like Talbot was, and if the Oilers need him at all, they're in trouble because the abuse he will get from within the organization, the press, and the mouth breathing fans will make him wish he was anywhere but there.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:42 PM   #5433
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
If they weren't before, the knives are out for Koskinen from the organization, to be filtered through the press, to the fans.

Remember the day they signed Koskinen, which shocked Talbot, who had no idea his backup was getting re signed long term before he was, out of typical Oilers "we are smarter then everyone else" put Talbot in the next game, who gave zeros ####s at that point as the Oilers organization abandoned him, and played terrible, getting pulled in the first.

It's not a conincidence that we are seeing the suck up Sportsnet articles praising Smith either right now.

Koskinen is being treated like garbage and a second hand citizen like Talbot was, and if the Oilers need him at all, they're in trouble because the abuse he will get from within the organization, the press, and the mouth breathing fans will make him wish he was anywhere but there.
Koskinen dropping a deuce in his late season starts and the fans getting on his case creating a toxic environment there makes me very happy.

They're brewing up a perfect storm by leaning this heavily on Smith for wins.

Smith will, without a doubt, break down or lose his cocky confidence at some point. You need a reliable backup or 1B with that guy. If Koskinen comes in and is leaky when Mike Smith becomes his own worst enemy, the goal-preventing problems that Smith has been covering up since he drew back in will be compounded in short order.
Old 05-08-2021, 02:26 PM   #5434
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post

I’m not seeing the knives out for Koskinen, I’ve seen articles by Gregor to play him again, and Tippett said he’s getting one of the Montreal games. Where you getting your info from?
Old 05-08-2021, 08:46 PM   #5435
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
I’m not seeing the knives out for Koskinen, I’ve seen articles by Gregor to play him again, and Tippett said he’s getting one of the Montreal games. Where you getting your info from?

Well, your oilers cheerleader Spector doesn’t sound impressed...

Old 05-09-2021, 07:35 AM   #5436
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd liner View Post
Well, your oilers cheerleader Spector doesn’t sound impressed...

I don’t think anyone was impressed. But taking a Spector article and saying the Oilers organization is using him to run Koskinen out of town is like saying the Flames want Johnny gone because of a Francis article. Spector can be an idiot.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:39 AM   #5437
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I don’t think anyone was impressed. But taking a Spector article and saying the Oilers organization is using him to run Koskinen out of town is like saying the Flames want Johnny gone because of a Francis article. Spector can be an idiot.
Nice false equivalency.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:01 AM   #5438
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It’s pretty clear Spector has written what the brass has asked of him in the past. I don’t see that with Francis, who just gets on his own hobbyhorses.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2021, 10:56 AM   #5439
ThisIsAnOutrage
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Edmonton Oilers win the Stanley Cup!

It was an unconventional NHL season to say the least. As the covid-19 pandemic continued to ravage the globe, the NHL was forced to partition its teams into four divisions, playing as leagues unto themselves in a brutal 56 game round-robin format. Amid the chaos, one simple rule emerged: the first player to get to 100 points wins the Stanley Cup. On a cool, rainy, Edmonton day in May, Connor "C" McDavid did just that.

"This is how you rebuild!"

Such were the words of Edmonton Oilers' General Manager, Ken Holland, widely being hailed as the NHL's General Manager summa cum laude, by the NHL's other top executives.

"I take my hat to off to him, and kneel," said Julien BriseBois, General Manager of the reigning Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning. He continued,
"Sure, the Lightning have been built around a few superstar players like the Oilers are. We have Kuch (Nikita Kucherov) and Stammer (Steven Stamkos) but we never nurtured them properly. Instead we wasted time, money, and valuable cap space signing other goal-scorers like Brayden Point, and a goaltender like 2019 Vezina winner Andrei Vasilevskiy. It seems so foolish now. How was having other goal scorers, and goaltending, I mean GOALTENDING, ever going to help anyone on the team score 100 points in 53 games, thereby winning the Stanley Cup?! I deserve to be fired."
Joining in praising Holland was Stanley Cup hopeful, and General Manager of the Florida Panthers, Bill Zito.
"All I can say after seeing McDavid score 100 points to win the Stanley Cup is that I am so glad that Aaron Ekblad remains out with a terrible knee injury. He plays defense for crying out loud. What even is 'defense' when you think about it? It's just loser talk for 'I do things other than scoring.'"
Among Oilers' fans there was no shortage of love, respect, and offers of eternal bondage for the man of hour, McDavid himself.
"I married a good woman from Seattle", said Edmonton resident and McDavid superfan, Aidan McCarthy. "But, on account of she was looking to cheer for the Kraken, I had it right there in our vows that if Connor McDavid scored 100 points, thereby winning the Stanley Cup, that I was his. I go to him now, to offer myself and this dowry: a painting of he and I strolling along Jasper avenue, with my hand in his back pocket."
"He's descended from Great Caesar himself!" ...

Declared Oilers fan and University of Alberta Professor of Classical Studies, Dr. Abraham Frietzling. "I kid, of course... I think," said the Professor. The Professor was also able to shine light on the nickname 'Connor "C" McDavid.'
"I know McDavid's middle name is rumoured to by Humphrey, but "C" is just too perfect. It's the roman numeral for 100, and as captain, McDavid has the "C" on his chest. It's an emblematic reminder of this historic occasion where the Edmonton Oilers won the Stanley Cup because he scored 100 points in game 53 of a 56 game season. You could say he wears two numbers now! 97 on the back and 100 on the front!"
The Professor's observation was embraced warmly by Oilers fans across the world, with few exceptions. Among the exceptions however, and taking the news particularly hard, was Oilers die-hard, never-give-in-to-reason fanatic, David Staples.

The news that "C" is the roman numeral for 100 snapped Staples out of a delirium-like state that close associates describe as a sort of "masturbatory coma" that overtook him when McDavid reached 100 points. Unfortunately, the news also snapped him into a second delirium-like state that close associates describe as "turgid impotence" where all he does is shout "You don't come into Edmonton wearing numbers so close to 99!" over and over again.

Edmonton Stanley Cup celebrations were further dampened by covid-19 pandemic restrictions, poor weather, and news that despite winning the Stanley Cup, the Oilers could finish no higher than second in the Scotia NHL North Division, behind the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:47 PM   #5440
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread