Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-23-2018, 12:32 PM   #101
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
How many goals could Gaudreau score if his stomach wasn't inflamed?

I'd say 3 more.
Depends if he was vaccinated or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2018, 12:33 PM   #102
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

We have no idea what Gaudreau actually does or doesn't eat, in what amounts, and how strictly it's monitored.

But we can guess. And if it turns out our wild speculation is right... outrage!
Old 02-23-2018, 12:55 PM   #103
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is Michael Phelps diet when he's in training, like others have said, they burn so much calories a lot doesn't matter. I'm sure Johnny isntaking vitamin supplements to make up whatever he needs from veggies

Quote:
Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelette. One bowl of grain. Three slices of French toast topped. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.

Lunch: One pound of pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise on white bread, plus energy drinks that supply him with another 1,000 calories.

Dinner: One pound of pasta, an entire pizza and even more energy drinks
Old 02-23-2018, 01:45 PM   #104
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
Exerpts from 'Backyard Gardening For Dummies'
Can I see your set up a farmer can scale to brew compost tea for 3,000 acres?
Old 02-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #105
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Yeah... a thread filled with facts from one poster and drive-bys by a bunch of children trying to look cool. Seems pretty run of the mill on CP these days.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:45 PM   #106
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah... a thread filled with facts from one poster and drive-bys by a bunch of children trying to look cool. Seems pretty run of the mill on CP these days.
This thread no longer has anything to do with the Flames... the drive bys are fair game.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:29 PM   #107
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleN View Post
This thread no longer has anything to do with the Flames... the drive bys are fair game.
Well, quite the opposite actually. It has everything to do with human beings and what they put into their body, especially high level athletes.

And... sadly drive-by comments that have zero merit, zero contribution and are aimed at getting people frustrated are what is wrong with this community as of late.

Here we had an opportunity to have an intelligent conversation and discuss something that is quite important and that the majority of the world population have very little knowledge about because people such as yourself and your little friend there, dilute the conversation by being idiots rather than actually learning something. And sadly... the community for the most part sits around and thanks posts that are about as useful as fart jokes..

the benefit of this for me is identifying a couple of CP members that are simply here to stir the pot and bring absolutely nothing but childish antics to the equation.

So congrats! You've made the list of posters who provide nothing but immaturity by using so much intelligent thought in the above quoted post.

Last edited by IgiTang; 02-23-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:37 PM   #108
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

So what is your standard for evaluating the safety of food to eat? What kind of research would change your mind and eat a GMO as part of your diet?

And then does the food you eat meet that same requirement or are you just applying a naturalism fallacy?
Old 02-23-2018, 03:42 PM   #109
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Well, quite the opposite actually. It has everything to do with human beings and what they put into their body, especially high level athletes.

And... sadly drive-by comments that have zero merit, zero contribution and are aimed at getting people frustrated are what is wrong with this community as of late.

Here we had an opportunity to have an intelligent conversation and discuss something that is quite important and that the majority of the world population have very little knowledge about because people such as yourself and your little friend there, dilute the conversation by being idiots rather than actually learning something. And sadly... the community for the most part sits around and thanks posts that are about as useful as fart jokes..

the benefit of this for me is identifying a couple of CP members that are simply here to stir the pot and bring absolutely nothing but childish antics to the equation.

So congrats! You've made the list of posters who provide nothing but immaturity by using so much intelligent thought in the above quoted post.
You're right. Lets get back to discussing if rats will or won't eat GMO corn... as it pertains to the Flames, of course.

This thread was ridiculous from the beginning, but at least it had something to do with a Flames player. Now it is a thread discussing Monsanto, roundup and the safety of GMOs. It's not Flames or hockey related, and as such does not add anything to what the purpose of this site is.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VilleN For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2018, 04:17 PM   #110
Beatle17
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Do you realize the RoundUp applied to the crops is just a misting of the heads to cause them all to ripen at the same time to make harvesting easier and more time sensitive? If they applied it right to the ground to soak into the soil as you stated that they would not be able to grow a crop in that field for at least 2 years?

I am pretty sure that they don't apply RoundUp to corn, but you could prove me wrong on that.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:37 PM   #111
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
So what is your standard for evaluating the safety of food to eat? What kind of research would change your mind and eat a GMO as part of your diet?

And then does the food you eat meet that same requirement or are you just applying a naturalism fallacy?
Thats the tough part.. Unfortunately the way food production has evolved or devolved, depending on how one looks at GMO practices, there is no avoiding GMO completely.
Even worse, the price.. Non-GMO is ridiculously expensive due to it being "niche" currently, because lack of public demand, it is almost considered a luxury.. its a luxury to eat food that isn't destroying your body from the inside..

So my wife and I have to be selective on what we can afford to eat that is NON-GMO and there are things that I refuse to give up such as "International Delight Butter Pecan Coffee Cream" that stuff is terribad for you but so is being deprived of good coffee.

Other than that, we are dairy free now and drink a lot of Almond Chocolate Milk (Non-GMO) and use coconut milk and ghee as a cream base for recipes.

I bake with almond flour and coconut flour... You get my drift.

What standard do I use to evaluate? Well I have to rely on packaging labels and read ingredients that arent non-gmo. Lecithin Corn Starch and Soy I avoid like a mother... They use a harsh chemical to extract the concentrate and that chemical lingers in the drying and grinding stages of the Soy and Corn. I also avoid Aspartame and other synthetically developed "foods".

I also have a cheat day where I say Efff it once a week... That usually involves eating Sushi. Did you know much Rice around the world is GMO?..

My standard is education on what I am putting in my body and what im feeding to my family. Some people care... Some don't. But I assure you that there will be that day, like there was with Lead, asbestos, Cigarettes... etc where suddenly society will look back at this era and go "WTF were they thinking".. Thats my standard.

If anyone is ever considering trying to eat healthier, look at a cook book called "Everyday Paleo" or "Against All Grains".. Great, easy family recipes and its like you eat gourmet every night and I promise after a couple weeks you will feel better than ever before.
The Following User Says Thank You to IgiTang For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 02-23-2018, 04:47 PM   #112
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle17 View Post
Do you realize the RoundUp applied to the crops is just a misting of the heads to cause them all to ripen at the same time to make harvesting easier and more time sensitive? If they applied it right to the ground to soak into the soil as you stated that they would not be able to grow a crop in that field for at least 2 years?

I am pretty sure that they don't apply RoundUp to corn, but you could prove me wrong on that.
https://www.ecowatch.com/15-health-p...882002128.html

https://theintercept.com/2016/05/17/...antos-roundup/

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...rbicide-weeds/

https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist....death-for-you/

Oh and for our Roughneck friend and his Glyphosate -

http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/glyphogen.html

But the roundup-quick-death-for-weeds-slow-and-painful-death-for-you is always a fun read..
Old 02-23-2018, 04:56 PM   #113
Zoller
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I forget who this quote was from. But it adds some fuel to the fire

"Johnny has horrible nutrition habits. Anyone will tell you this. He doesn’t like vegetables. He hardly likes fruit. The first team barbecue we had, all he ate was three hamburgers with ketchup only. He was trying to put on weight because he knew it was his draft year. He started drinking two milkshakes a day and got on a Nutella kick. He was eating Nutella by the spoonful, I guess. In the middle of one practice, he came up to me and said, ‘Coach, my stomach feels awful.’ They take him to a doctor, the doctor asks him a bunch of questions, turns out he was eating so much Nutella that he got constipated. And they were like, 'Well you just can’t eat this.’"
Old 02-23-2018, 04:59 PM   #114
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoller View Post
I forget who this quote was from. But it adds some fuel to the fire

"Johnny has horrible nutrition habits. Anyone will tell you this. He doesn’t like vegetables. He hardly likes fruit. The first team barbecue we had, all he ate was three hamburgers with ketchup only. He was trying to put on weight because he knew it was his draft year. He started drinking two milkshakes a day and got on a Nutella kick. He was eating Nutella by the spoonful, I guess. In the middle of one practice, he came up to me and said, ‘Coach, my stomach feels awful.’ They take him to a doctor, the doctor asks him a bunch of questions, turns out he was eating so much Nutella that he got constipated. And they were like, 'Well you just can’t eat this.’"
LOL... geez man... this kid needs to see a nutritionist. I get it that he never knew any better, or can accept it anyway.. But at this point the team nutritionist needs to step in and help this kid.. A diet like that is just as bad as someone who is grossly obese and cant stop eating fast food. At some point they become a danger to themselves.. one would think the team would step in and correct his diet.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:02 PM   #115
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
LOL... geez man... this kid needs to see a nutritionist. I get it that he never knew any better, or can accept it anyway.. But at this point the team nutritionist needs to step in and help this kid.. A diet like that is just as bad as someone who is grossly obese and cant stop eating fast food. At some point they become a danger to themselves.. one would think the team would step in and correct his diet.
That quote references it being his draft year. His team was the Dubuque Fighting Saints.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:04 PM   #116
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

That quote is from when he was a college freshman.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:06 PM   #117
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
That quote is from when he was a college freshman.
Understood. But by the sounds of things, not a whole lot has changed?
Old 02-23-2018, 05:08 PM   #118
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I doubt he eats as much Nutella.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:14 PM   #119
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

I would imagine the Flames training and fitness staff have everything taken care of. He’s second in NHL scoring. You don’t get there by being out of shape
Old 02-23-2018, 05:28 PM   #120
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Thats the tough part.. Unfortunately the way food production has evolved or devolved, depending on how one looks at GMO practices, there is no avoiding GMO completely.
Even worse, the price.. Non-GMO is ridiculously expensive due to it being "niche" currently, because lack of public demand, it is almost considered a luxury.. its a luxury to eat food that isn't destroying your body from the inside..

So my wife and I have to be selective on what we can afford to eat that is NON-GMO and there are things that I refuse to give up such as "International Delight Butter Pecan Coffee Cream" that stuff is terribad for you but so is being deprived of good coffee.

Other than that, we are dairy free now and drink a lot of Almond Chocolate Milk (Non-GMO) and use coconut milk and ghee as a cream base for recipes.

I bake with almond flour and coconut flour... You get my drift.

What standard do I use to evaluate? Well I have to rely on packaging labels and read ingredients that arent non-gmo. Lecithin Corn Starch and Soy I avoid like a mother... They use a harsh chemical to extract the concentrate and that chemical lingers in the drying and grinding stages of the Soy and Corn. I also avoid Aspartame and other synthetically developed "foods".

I also have a cheat day where I say Efff it once a week... That usually involves eating Sushi. Did you know much Rice around the world is GMO?..

My standard is education on what I am putting in my body and what im feeding to my family. Some people care... Some don't. But I assure you that there will be that day, like there was with Lead, asbestos, Cigarettes... etc where suddenly society will look back at this era and go "WTF were they thinking".. Thats my standard.

If anyone is ever considering trying to eat healthier, look at a cook book called "Everyday Paleo" or "Against All Grains".. Great, easy family recipes and its like you eat gourmet every night and I promise after a couple weeks you will feel better than ever before.
My question really was what evidence would make you eat GMO foods? But your answer is illuminating. I fundementaly disagree with you on GMOs but likely agree with on the nutrition aspect of it. That is in general a diet free from processed food, high in fruit and vegetables with limited animal protein and grain is far healthier than a typical diet.

For example no should eat a GMO free Oreo or Trisucit.

I think the health benefits you have experienced are much more about healthy diet than the specific diet.
Closed Thread