First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Maybe the Dome needs something.

I don't know, some kind of theme.

A western night?

Cowboy hats?

I don't know, something fresh and exciting to get the fans into it.

A contest sponsored by Wrangler Jeans? Can we get some Darude?

Is there someway to shoehorn a pickup truck into the intermission segments?

I'm just spitballing here.
I'd be cool with a flaming headless horseman galloping on the ice...
Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:29 PM   #262
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've mentioned it before but the Flames have a terrible product as far as presentation and brand go. I find the overall presentation at the Dome laughably cheesey, and the marketing has been terrible the past few years. Fans didn't get excited by an amazing phrase like "its go time!"? You don't say. And I don't think anyone even likes the current jerseys anymore.
Fix the jerseys, stop with cheese in game presentation, and most importantly, fix the team -- the fans are not to blame for the lack of excitement at the dome. The organization is stuck in a time warp or something. No new ideas or energy.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994

Last edited by Igottago; 02-22-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Igottago For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #263
Stanley
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
^Sounds like a weeknight game vs Minnesota.

I've mentioned it before but the Flames have a terrible product as far as presentation and brand go. I find the overall presentation at the Dome laughably cheesey, and the marketing has been terrible the past few years. Fans didn't get excited by an amazing phrase like "its go time!"? You don't say. And I don't think anyone even likes the current jerseys anymore.
Fix the jerseys, stop with cheese in game presentation, and most importantly, fix the team -- the fans are not to blame for the lack of excitement at the dome. The organization is stuck in a time warp or something. No new ideas or energy.
I agree with this. I was thinking about this recently how the overall marketing of the product is quite poor, there's soooo much room for improvement
Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:43 PM   #264
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I feel like this is something that we actually CAN blame on Ken King.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:37 PM   #265
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Which is why the Lazar and Hamonic trades are tough. Yes, the percentages say a 2nd round pick won't amount to much.. And the odds say Hamonic will play more games than those picks combined.

But trades like these put a cap on the upside of these picks. You trade a chance at a homerun for a single. Problem is, you don't get enough picks to turn this into a winning strategy.

As for it being the owner's directive, well I don't know. Treliving supposedly had more autonomy this off season.
But that's looking at the trades in isolation.

The key, for an organization, is doing both sides of that. Sometimes you sell vets for picks, and sometimes you use picks to fill holes.

There is no reason that it shouldn't be a sustainable strategy.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:46 PM   #266
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
I agree with this. I was thinking about this recently how the overall marketing of the product is quite poor, there's soooo much room for improvement
Funny how the only recent marketing we see on a large scale is the Flames waxing poetic about their Dome woes to the Herald and the Sun, and somehow managed to position Gary Bettman as the megaphone for all of it.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote