Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-21-2018, 03:30 AM   #1
canada_hdk21
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Icon20 Looking For : Warrior Goalie Gear

Hey all not sure if I am posting this in the correct place but I've been gone from Calgary now for 5yrs and I am finally returning .. anyways my goalie gear is still in great shape but I would like to buy some new gear and low and behold is "The Goalie Shop" no longer around?

Specifically looking to demo or at least look at the Warrior Brand, does anyone know where to go in town?

Looking for the Warrior Ritual G3's I do believe

Heather
canada_hdk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:06 AM   #2
rvd123
Backup Goalie

Exp:

http://goalie.psscalgary.com/
rvd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:28 AM   #3
canada_hdk21
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd123 View Post

As per their site, it doesn't look like they sell Warrior Brand.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:55 AM   #4
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

B&P Cycle carries Warrior goalie gear.

https://bpcycle.com/
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:02 AM   #5
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Long story short, Warrior has had some stock issues in recent years and may be difficult to find. It seems like they lost a lot of the momentum they had in the goalie market, which is really too bad as they do have some innovative products. Pete Smith is their designer, so you can also try to get your hands on a set of Smith pads and gloves just to see how they feel as they will be similar to the new Warrior products. The pads will be very Vaughn Velocity-like as Pete was the brains behind that design as well. I had two sets of Smith gear and was very happy with the design and craftsmanship. I was actually looking at becoming a sales rep for him way back when.

Personally, I would contact Warrior directly and they might be able to get you in touch with a sales rep. The sales rep might even have some demo gear available.

Just a guess, but are you being influenced by Shannon Szabados’ sweet set up for the olympics?
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:39 PM   #6
canada_hdk21
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofpucks View Post
Long story short, Warrior has had some stock issues in recent years and may be difficult to find. It seems like they lost a lot of the momentum they had in the goalie market, which is really too bad as they do have some innovative products. Pete Smith is their designer, so you can also try to get your hands on a set of Smith pads and gloves just to see how they feel as they will be similar to the new Warrior products. The pads will be very Vaughn Velocity-like as Pete was the brains behind that design as well. I had two sets of Smith gear and was very happy with the design and craftsmanship. I was actually looking at becoming a sales rep for him way back when.

Personally, I would contact Warrior directly and they might be able to get you in touch with a sales rep. The sales rep might even have some demo gear available.

Just a guess, but are you being influenced by Shannon Szabados’ sweet set up for the olympics?

Thanks for the info! Actually, the influence is from over here in Dubai where I am currently playing, there are about 30 teams here and most of the guys have switched to Warrior and I'm loving the look of them.

After reading a few reviews the current setup I have right now apparently is quite similar to the Warrior style as well so that helped with this decision.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:02 PM   #7
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Oh, interesting, never would have guessed that!

I ran a goalie coaching company and had many students interested in the Warrior gear, but the supply issues were so crazy that I never got to see much of their new stuff in person.

I just checked and it appears Bert and Macs in Lethbridge has some stock. I have had many good consumer experiences there, so that is another option that might bear fruit. Good luck!
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote