Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 09:13 AM   #1361
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
Stajan!
Can't be adding Matty Franchise to a team with so many franchise players.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
The Following User Says Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2017, 09:14 AM   #1362
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Crossing fingers for Jagr somehow. Please, just for one year!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2017, 09:17 AM   #1363
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Rutherford says he is close to making a trade for a 3rd line forward to replace Bonino:
http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...ade-for-center
It's weird but I feel like Matt Stajan could be a decent fit on Pittsburgh.

Doubt it's him but I would like that for the Flames and for Stajan.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:19 AM   #1364
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
I think the Flames could be looking at Williams, Sharp, and maybe Marleau. The FAN has been poo pooing the thought of Iginla coming back
Although Marleau is the oldest of the three, he's in a tier above with his skating which is still top end.

Williams would be next on my list.

Sharp is the least desirable of the three because of the miserable season he just had, but if he's healthy he'd be a nice addition.

If we can get any of these guys, I like the Flames chances of getting out of the first round and making the playoffs very interesting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icecube For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2017, 09:22 AM   #1365
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

Craig Morgan‏Verified @craigsmorgan
4 teams have contacted Terry Bross, agent for UFA-to-be Shane Doan. Doan decision won't come quickly. Will take time, evaluate offers/roles.

4 teams contacted Doan, or Doan contacted 4 teams? After the Treliving thing with a veteran considering retirement contacting 4 contenders, and multiple posters saying they knew it was Doan, it's all clearly adding up.

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."
Old 06-30-2017, 09:25 AM   #1366
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Michael Russo @Russostrib
Still getting indications something's brewing between #mnwild and #sabres involving at least Marco Scandella
Old 06-30-2017, 09:25 AM   #1367
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/mc...hift-approach/

NHL Insider Bob McKenzie was asked while on Montreal’s TSN 690 on Friday morning if he’s buying that a player with Jagr’s resume “can’t get a job at the NHL.”

“I wouldn’t say he couldn’t get a job, just that there are other people as higher priorities,” answered McKenzie. “Strip away obviously the romantic part of Jaromir Jagr and how beloved and endeared he’s become to hockey fans because of his personality and his dedication to the game, and all of the things that used to be absent from his game that left some people cold, to be honest with you, his first go-round in the National Hockey League.

“The reality is that if his name wasn’t Jaromir Jagr with the history that he’s got, he’s not a guy that would sign on July 1; he’s more likely a guy that signs in the second or third wave of forwards – that is the depth options, as opposed to the primary options.

What this says to me though is that I’m starting to get the very strong sense he’s not going to be back in Florida. I think we all assumed at the end of last season that it was one of those ones where Florida really liked him and he liked them and this was one of those ones where it’s just, ‘Yeah, okay, we’ll get something done and money is not as important as the fit,’ and all of those things.

“But I get the feeling – there’s been a pretty seismic shift in Florida in terms of their approach. With the new coach Bobby Boughner coming in, and I think I saw a quote from Dale Tallon the other day saying he’s going to leave a lot of this, in terms of where Jagr fits or doesn’t fit, up to the coach.

“And it may be that they’re looking to play a quicker game. It may be that they want to inject some youth in that situation. And as much as we all love Jaromir Jagr, and as much as he was still able to contribute at a certain level in Florida, that maybe they’re moving on from him. That’s sort of my reading between the lines.

“If he was going back to Florida, I believe he’d have it by now. And so I’m starting to get the very strong sense that he is on the open market and in spite of the fact that he’s Jaromir Jagr – one of the greatest players who has ever played the game – at this stage of his career the reality is he’s more a secondary or third level concern for most teams in free agency.”

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."
Old 06-30-2017, 09:28 AM   #1368
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

Rick Dhaliwal‏
Been told, as of right now, the #Canucks are the leading candidates to land free agent UFA D Michael Del Zotto.

I guess the Canucks haven't looked at Del Zotto's numbers away from Gudas...but on the other hand, anything is an upgrade on Sbisa.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:58 AM   #1369
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Andy Strickland @andystrickland
Jussi Jokinen expected to be placed on waivers with the purpose of buying out final year of his contract with Florida #Panthers.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:08 AM   #1370
YourMother
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

With Murphy/Bouma being waived, does anyone know exactly how much cap room we have left for Bennett/Ferland, a #5 D, and possibly a top line RW?
Old 06-30-2017, 10:15 AM   #1371
Willi Plett
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourMother View Post
With Murphy/Bouma being waived, does anyone know exactly how much cap room we have left for Bennett/Ferland, a #5 D, and possibly a top line RW?
Add sign backlund to extension to the list.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:17 AM   #1372
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourMother View Post
~$13.65 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Plett View Post
Add sign backlund to extension to the list.
Backlund's extension won't kick in until 18/19 so is meaningless to this year's cap
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2017, 10:25 AM   #1373
hockey.modern
First Line Centre

Exp:

Here's the tweet to what was said earlier.

Boomer & Warrener @BoomeAndRhett

Gulutzan says #Flames have eyes on two types of FA's: "A right shot who can play center or take faceoffs. A winger who can play bottom six."
Old 06-30-2017, 10:26 AM   #1374
JurassicTunga12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey.modern View Post
Here's the tweet to what was said earlier.

Boomer & Warrener @BoomeAndRhett

Gulutzan says #Flames have eyes on two types of FA's: "A right shot who can play center or take faceoffs. A winger who can play bottom six."
Marleau played center before...

edit: saw he shoots left. damn!
Old 06-30-2017, 10:27 AM   #1375
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudfather View Post
On Fan 960 this am GG says Flames are still looking for possible RHS forward, who can take some draws as well. Bottom six winger also a consideration. But admits the ranks in free agency are getting thin.
Bottom six winger?

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Versteeg - Bennett - Lazar
Hamilton - Stajan - Brouwer

If the Flames acquire a top 6 winger, then Ferland goes somewhere into the 'middle six', and Lazar will end up on the 4th line. I can't see the Flames acquiring both a top pairing and a bottom pairing.

Flames are also high on Jankowski and Treliving has stated that Jankowski has a good shot to make the team. Shinkaruk is waiver eligible (I believe?).

Perhaps someone is coming from free agency, and someone else is coming from a trade? Very interesting to see how the lineup gets set if the Flames bring in 2 bodies.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:28 AM   #1376
DJones
First Line Centre

Exp:

Why do we need more bottom six wingers?
Old 06-30-2017, 10:28 AM   #1377
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brian Boyle?
Old 06-30-2017, 10:29 AM   #1378
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Williams took 117 draws last year and was 54%.

I'm thinking its him.

I hope it's a 1 or 2 yr deal around 3m and doesn't handcuff the team.
The Following User Says Thank You to indes For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2017, 10:30 AM   #1379
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indes View Post
Williams took 117 draws last year and was 54%.

I'm thinking its him
Arguably the best fit if the goal is to get a winger for the top line then he is the best fit
Old 06-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #1380
hockey.modern
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default 2017/2018 Trade Speculation and Rumors

Here's Williams reaction when asked if he was coming to CGY. From Mike Commodore

NSFW!

Last edited by hockey.modern; 06-30-2017 at 10:35 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hockey.modern For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread