Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
flamestalker
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Digital Audio Certificate at SAIT

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or knows anyone that has been in the audio courses at SAIT and the quality/usefulness of these courses.

I'm looking to get into recording and using things like Logic Pro to create my own music, specifically video game music. I'm currently studying music composition but I'm aware that a lot of game/film music composers need a lot of music technology background as a lot of soundtracks/OSTs nowadays are done on computers.

Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to get this knowledge if I ever did need to use it. I've looked into SAIT and noticed that they have a 7 week Digital Audio Certificate that looks quite intensive:

http://www.sait.ca/about-sait/school...ertificate.php

Now I'm not entirely sure of the credibility of this program, so I thought I'd ask here. I may not even be too interested in every single course they offer in this program, so I am a bit skeptical for now. Also, if not SAIT, is there anywhere else I can get formal training for these kinds of skills? I'm finding it very difficult to learn it on my own as I'm not familiar with the lingo and all that.

Thanks for the help!

Tags
audio , composer , music , sait , video game