Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2022, 11:08 PM   #21
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkyiv View Post
My experience lately is that the cable providers have made it so cheap to have it that it's not even worth cancelling. I pay 100 for Telus' internet/cable combo and the TV portion of it is $30. I doubt I'd be able to watch the Flames and other sports on offer for less than that.
Yep, that's where I'm at with the last deal I secured. Like I said $104 a month and I get internet, HBO/crave, most of the channels, all sports channels including the golf channel, plus got $50 for on demand movies, including new releases, and $250 bill credit at sign up.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 11:11 PM   #22
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I mean everyone needs internet. So unless you're straight up stealing I don't see how you can beat that if you watch HBO and sports (flames - which I'm assuming almost everyone on CP watches the Flames - baseball/basketball/football etc).

I mean if you're a Flames fan, Internet is basically $70 + $30/mth for Sportsnet streaming. That's literally already the Telus contract right there.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 08:19 AM   #23
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Sportsnet streaming is $20, I believe.
But your point remains
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 01:40 PM   #24
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

So with NHL Live ending the only way to watch NHL is with Sportsnet Now. I got an email with an offer for one year of premium for $180. Just a few questions for people that have used SN Now.
What is the quality like?
Premium gives out of market games, does that include all markets? I am a Bruins fan and I could watch almost all of their games, will I still be able to?
It says regional blackouts apply with normal SN and Limited Blackouts with premium, does anyone know what that means for Flames games? I'm assuming that this does not affect much else.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 03:52 PM   #25
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
My experience lately is that the cable providers have made it so cheap to have it that it's not even worth cancelling. I pay 100 for Telus' internet/cable combo and the TV portion of it is $30. I doubt I'd be able to watch the Flames and other sports on offer for less than that.
Same for me, I'm currently paying about $45 for TV and that includes Sportsnet, TSN, and Crave. Was just about to looking into cord cutting and they surprisingly reduced from about $90 to $45 with a phone call.

Currently my internet and TV is $90 a month for 2 years. And that's all the Sportsnet and TSN channels, in addition to Crave which is the same $20 everyone pays.

Also, I've been to friends houses that have cut the cord and maybe they're dumb but there is very often some technical issue, whether its constant buffering, or the feed is dropped, bad picture quality, or they need to find a new site, etc. That kind of stuff irks me to no end.

The combination of way cheaper cable, and the relative reliability of the service has sort of turned me away from cord cutting, at least for now.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:11 PM   #26
accord1999
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
It says regional blackouts apply with normal SN and Limited Blackouts with premium, does anyone know what that means for Flames games? I'm assuming that this does not affect much else.
It won't affect Flames or Oilers (or Canucks) viewers in their home region because Sportsnet also has the regional rights for them, so you get every game. It's mainly an issue for Jets, Leafs, Canadiens and Senators fans because other networks (TSN, TVA) hold broadcasting rights to many of their games.

Last edited by accord1999; 09-22-2022 at 04:15 PM.
accord1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:50 PM   #27
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This 1000% and I must say the good old fashion cable is still more reliable if we are being honest.