Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2022, 10:40 PM   #1261
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

If you can bend space you can beat the speed of light and therefore the theory of relativity is not applicable.

Am I understanding that above basic sentence correctly? In that you’re not technically moving you’re manipulating the environment around you to move to you?
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 04:31 AM   #1262
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

We know matter can't travel at the speed of light but here's something to think about for those who think "anythings" possible , say somehow one can figure out a way and find enough energy to propel a spaceship to lightspeed, how do you stop at your destination? would it not take even more energy to stop matter going that fast?
Snuffleupagus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 09:21 AM   #1263
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is no question that we are a long way from mastering the physics of the universe. There is no question that there things that we can't yet imagine. And it seems entirely reasonable that there might be some way to bend space or in some way change the dynamics of travel.

That doesn't mean aliens!

There are at least one hundred billion stars in the Wilky Way. Its vastness is incomprehensible. Then try to imagine a block of space where the Wilky Way is one dot out of a million galaxies, keeping in mind that the distances between the galaxies are even greater than the width of the galaxies themselves. Then try to imagine that block of one million galaxies is just a single dot on an even greater block of possibly several million blocks, each with one million galaxies in them.

With that kind of vastness, it seems an almost certainty that there would be other intelligent life. But in order for that intelligent life to find us, they most certainly would have to have a much more advanced understanding of the physics of the universe, and it seems rather likely that, if they came here, it would either be in grandness beyond anything in earth's history, or they would be able to be completely undetected.

Flying around in little tic tac vehicles, at mach whatever, just doesn't fit the scenario, IMO.

Also, considering that everyone on the planet has a phone, and that the internet allows for immediate, global-wide communication to everyone else, if there were an actual sighting (at least in the last 10 years), that there would almost instantly be countless additional viewers. One grainy vid from a single camera, for a few fleeting seconds and then gone, is all we ever get. Again, doesn't fit the assumed incredibility of an actual situation.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 09:51 AM   #1264
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I think this comes back to the conversation we had about human-centric evaluation of not just physics and the rules that govern us in the universe, but logic, evolution, intelligence, etc.

Have you guys been getting my newsletter on Blob Life? I've been sending it out but the response hasn't been great. Not so many people are interested in the interesting lives of amorphous alien blobs with the intelligence of a cow.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 10:49 AM   #1265
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Hay man, cows are smarter than you think.

FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FanIn80 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2022, 07:55 PM   #1266
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Well color me intrigued. The new logo for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, National Intelligence Manager for Aviation (NIM-A). This is actually real.

Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2022, 11:36 AM   #1267
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post
It's definitely some type of lens flare. You can see it at the :02 second mark as well.
Random epiphany months later....not sure how I didn't realize it before, but I originally saw the light with my naked eye and though "what was that, I wonder if the camera caught it?" So it couldn't have been a lens flair.

Definitely aliens.
MillerTime GFG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 02:56 PM   #1268
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1604183397047611392
Old 12-17-2022, 03:03 PM   #1269
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

And also in fun news, from the President who admitted to anomalous phenomena in the air:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1604166540038795264
Old 12-18-2022, 12:06 PM   #1270
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
considering that everyone on the planet has a phone, and that the internet allows for immediate, global-wide communication to everyone else, if there were an actual sighting (at least in the last 10 years), that there would almost instantly be countless additional viewers. One grainy vid from a single camera, for a few fleeting seconds and then gone, is all we ever get. Again, doesn't fit the assumed incredibility of an actual situation.
Snuffleupagus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 03:17 PM   #1271
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

The U.S. just signed into existence the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2023. This is a milestone piece of legislation to move the topic of UAP disclosure very far forward, as among many items to task, it formalizes reporting mechanisms for UAP, but more importantly it now offer amnesty for those who come forward that might be bound by NDA's. This means public hearings might be a very real possibility with whistleblowers who can come forward.

It also allows a review of all intelligence documents since 1945 involving UAP to the present. This means it would include the timeline of the Roswell incident.

Effectively this should be the last bit of legislation to formally remove the 'stigma' surrounding the topic, and offers a path forward for disclosure.

Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence Christopher Mellon release an article about this historic bill:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1606673229162201090

To note from the article:

The historical intelligence document review, and the review of government secrecy agreements, should be completed over the next 18 months. That process alone could validate claims the US government has been concealing proof of an extraterrestrial presence near earth. If it seems unbelievable that Congress would pass such legislation, it is only because of the paucity of reporting on the facts that caused members of both parties in Congress to join together to pass these provisions.

and:

Even if the UAP whistleblower provision and UAP document reviews being mandated by Congress do not lead to confirmation of an ET presence near Earth, ongoing governmental and scientific investigations of UAP activity might lead to the same conclusion. Now that the anti-UAP stigma is being lifted, and the government has established UAP reporting procedures, fresh data regarding hundreds of new UAP incidents is pouring in. At last count the official number of UAP incidents was at 400, and is still rapidly increasing.

This is falling right into what early activists such as Lue Elizondo and Sean Cahill said would be happening in the disclosure process.

Exciting times if you care about or follow this topic!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2022, 03:32 PM   #1272
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
And also in fun news, from the President who admitted to anomalous phenomena in the air:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1604166540038795264
good to see a newer version of the Barney and Betty Hill story because the old movie isn't very good, i didn't like it anyways
Old 12-24-2022, 03:34 PM   #1273
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime GFG View Post
Random epiphany months later....not sure how I didn't realize it before, but I originally saw the light with my naked eye and though "what was that, I wonder if the camera caught it?" So it couldn't have been a lens flair.

Definitely aliens.
you saw that light ? then it can't be a lens flare obviously, what did you think it could have been, other than Aliens ?
Old 01-13-2023, 09:21 AM   #1274
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

With the passing of the NDAA and the recent release of the AARO Report, this topic is going to be ramping up in 2023 and beyond.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1613889366446702594

And from the article:

An amendment tucked into this year’s $858 billion National Defense Authorization Act, which funds the Defense Department’s annual operating budget, requires the department to review historical documents related to unidentified aerial phenomena — government lingo for U.F.O.s — dating to 1945. That is the year that, according to one account, a large, avocado-shaped object struck a communication tower in a patch of New Mexico desert now known as the Trinity Site, where the world’s first atomic bomb was detonated that July.

Experts said the bill, which President Biden signed into law in December, could be a game changer for studying unidentified phenomena.

“The American public can reasonably expect to get some answers to questions that have been burning in the minds of millions of Americans for many years,” said Christopher Mellon, a former deputy assistant secretary of defense for intelligence. “If nothing else, this should either clear up something that’s been a cloud hanging over the Air Force and Department of Defense for decades or it might lead in another direction, which could be truly incredible. There’s a lot at stake.”
Old 01-14-2023, 11:17 AM   #1275
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Agreed. The last 12 months have been extraordinary in that:
1. The U.S. Government has admitted UAP (UFOs) are real.
2. Have formalized channels for military personnel to report such events.
3. Have committed millions of dollars to study this further and get to the bottom of it.

And the best part, is that funding this is a bipartisan effort. This isn't the Dems or GOP doing it to stick it to the other.
Same post as last year?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2023, 04:54 PM   #1276
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nothing concrete here but this is kind of wild.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/12/u...-michigan.html

"The latest turn in the aerial show taking place in the skies above North America comes after a helter-skelter weekend involving what at times seemed like an invasion of unidentified flying objects."

"The incursions seemed to become so common that Biden administration officials have found themselves issuing private assurances that there is no evidence that they involve extraterrestrial activity. But officials also acknowledge privately that the longer they are unable to provide a public explanation for the provenance of the objects, the more speculation grows."

The balloon was pretty obvious, but the other objects saw both governments pretty tight-lipped over what else was shot down, leading to speculation. The thing that would really help here is some transparency of what is happening, but it's unlikely we'll receive that. The balloon story immediately provides a viable explanation so this is where we start. Will be interesting to watch this all develop over the next few weeks.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2023, 06:21 PM   #1277
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

The balloon story opened the floodgates to what pilots have been experiencing for years but unable to report on it because of stigma and career implications.

With AARO in place and these recent incursions, watch the floodgates open and the stigma removed. Senator Kristine Gillibrand even tweeted yesterday this why AARO is needed - to have a public mechanism to help report these objects

Exciting times. And I think there's most certainly more coming.
Old 02-12-2023, 06:31 PM   #1278
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The balloon story opened the floodgates to what pilots have been experiencing for years but unable to report on it because of stigma and career implications.

With AARO in place and these recent incursions, watch the floodgates open and the stigma removed. Senator Kristine Gillibrand even tweeted yesterday this why AARO is needed - to have a public mechanism to help report these objects

Exciting times. And I think there's most certainly more coming.
Or does this balloon situation lend much more credence that this is all man made spycraft.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 06:36 PM   #1279
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

I never said it was alien. Why does your brain immediately go there?
Old 02-12-2023, 07:03 PM   #1280
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Or does this balloon situation lend much more credence that this is all man made spycraft.
Or is the balloon story a cover for something bigger going on? Wouldn't be the first time the government floated a cover story and built evidence to support their claims. Not saying this is the case, but it would be nice to see the remains of the three other car sized targets shot down.

Quote:
I never said it was alien. Why does your brain immediately go there?
I don't think GGG meant anything by that comment. As you said, it's the stigma associated with not willing to dismiss the possibility and is an attempt by some to discredit you or the point of discussion. I don't think this is the case with GGG as they have always been willing to discuss all possibilities and not immediately discount them. It would be extremely interesting to know what they are capturing and shooting down, but I doubt that is in the books.

Guardian reports wreckage is being sought out from all events. Hope they find and produce what they are looking for as the article suggests this may be a precursor to an action against Taiwan.

Last edited by Lanny_McDonald; 02-12-2023 at 07:22 PM. Reason: add Guardian link
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote