Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 09-07-2022, 10:59 PM   #741
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Billy Horschel confronting Poulter for his defection by the looks of it.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/golf/...gotr2hl4q7fmuc

Last edited by Flabbibulin; 09-07-2022 at 11:03 PM.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 02:33 PM   #742
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

The BMW is turning into a pretty weird tournament with play suspended due to the Queen's death.

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/...-suspend-play/
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 08:57 PM   #743
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
The BMW is turning into a pretty weird tournament with play suspended due to the Queen's death.

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/...-suspend-play/
How funny would it be if they cut it to 54 holes?
Old 09-12-2022, 10:18 AM   #744
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rumors of another top ten player leaving the PGA tour, they are suggesting Hovland or Rahm:
https://www.golfmagic.com/liv-golf/r...eved-rory-tour
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 10:54 AM   #745
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Probably Hovland, I bet. He was already rumoured once earlier this summer, I believe.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 12:54 AM   #746
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I count 6 Canucks in the field this week in Napa.
Old 09-19-2022, 01:12 AM   #747
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oooof. Danny Willett had 3'7" to win and 3jacked.
Old 09-19-2022, 07:09 AM   #748
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

It took a few events, but LIV now has it's signature highlight that should help it's growth take off.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1571600915161059328
https://twitter.com/user/status/1571698306958655491
Old 09-19-2022, 08:59 AM   #749
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was very much into the sports world this weekend, but had absolutely no clue there was a LIV event going on. I don't think LIV stands a chance at legitimacy and a truce with the rest of the golf world as long as Norman is at the helm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
How many times is "back and to the left" going to be in the replies?

Last edited by Flabbibulin; 09-19-2022 at 09:01 AM.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 05:54 PM   #750
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just caught some of the Presidents Cup matches and my one takeaway is than man, Corey Conners needs to get that putting thing figured out.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:00 AM   #751
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
I was very much into the sports world this weekend, but had absolutely no clue there was a LIV event going on. I don't think LIV stands a chance at legitimacy and a truce with the rest of the golf world as long as Norman is at the helm.
Not to mention, the Saudis and Trump.
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 04:40 PM   #752
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if it is time to modify the Ryder and President Cups? I'm thinking Ryder becomes US vs International and President Cup becomes two random teams selected by Captains. Make the Captain selection some sort of vote by fans or tour players and then have those Captains select their teams.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:50 AM   #753
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I wonder if it is time to modify the Ryder and President Cups? I'm thinking Ryder becomes US vs International and President Cup becomes two random teams selected by Captains. Make the Captain selection some sort of vote by fans or tour players and then have those Captains select their teams.
It'll never happen but imagine the hype behind a PGA vs. LIV event.
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 05:15 AM   #754
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

From Greg Norman saying "four or five network deals were on the table" to ad buying to not even get on network TV is about right. I would imagine MyPillow, shady gold companies and shady reverse mortgage companies will be dominating the commercials. If nothing else it probably sets a clear timeline for the end of LIV. I would guess after the two years they either get a real TV deal, or pull the plug.

Quote:
LIV Golf is nearing a deal to purchase air time for its tournaments on U.S. cable television, multiple sources have told Golfweek. The potential agreement — which is still being finalized — is with Fox Sports 1.

While media companies typically pay sports leagues a substantial rights fee to air their products, the deal would not see LIV receive payment, said a source familiar with the discussions. Instead, LIV — which is controversially financed by the Saudi Arabian regime’s Public Investment Fund — would buy time on the cable channel to air its events, a move that will be widely interpreted as a failure to attract serious commercial interest in what it is offering.

Just two weeks ago, the CEO of LIV, Greg Norman, said he was fielding intense interest from media companies eager to broadcast LIV tournaments.

“We’re talking to four different networks, and live conversations where offers are being put on the table,” he told ESPN. “They can see what we’re delivering.”

A well-placed industry executive says LIV struck out with approaches to multiple broadcasters, including NBC, CBS, Disney, Apple and Amazon, and that Fox Sports got involved only at the behest of Lachlan Murdoch, the executive chairman and CEO of Fox Corp. Last month, Sports Business Journal reported that Jared Kushner, the son-in-law of Donald Trump, had been calling broadcasters trying to generate interest in a LIV television package. In 2021, Kushner’s private equity firm, Affinity Partners, secured $2 billion in funding from the Saudi Public Investment Fund.

“There were people at Fox who wanted nothing to do with this,” the source said. “They were forced to do it.”

LIV requested a rights fee for year two of any deal and a guaranteed time slot on network television but both proposals were rejected by Fox, according to a source familiar with the specifics of the conversations. It is believed Fox has offered to re-evaluate network placement at a later date. LIV will also be responsible for the production of its tournament broadcasts and for selling commercial sponsorships during its time slots, two tasks that would usually fall to a broadcast partner.

“Any advertiser who touches this will get blasted,” a longtime sports TV executive said. “It’s a weak product but it’s a tainted product on top of that.”
https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/0...r-tournaments/
Old 09-28-2022, 07:51 AM   #755
kobasew19
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
From Greg Norman saying "four or five network deals were on the table" to ad buying to not even get on network TV is about right. I would imagine MyPillow, shady gold companies and shady reverse mortgage companies will be dominating the commercials. If nothing else it probably sets a clear timeline for the end of LIV. I would guess after the two years they either get a real TV deal, or pull the plug.

Were they even in it to actually generate any profit? Seems like a fun hobby the Saudis sink money into just for the sake of it.
kobasew19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 07:53 AM   #756
kobasew19
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Keep it US vs the world but allow Europeans in the Presidents Cup. Would have been fun to see Mcilroy with the Koreans this past weekend.

ORRRRR like some pundits have brought up, open it up to women as well!
kobasew19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 09:34 AM   #757
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobasew19 View Post
Were they even in it to actually generate any profit? Seems like a fun hobby the Saudis sink money into just for the sake of it.
That's the thing, it's nearly impossible to see a path to revenue that covers even 10% of what they're paying out players. The scary thing about being a player who gave up their career for liv is that it will only exist as long as the Saudis wish to fund it, as there is no sustainable business going forward.

I wonder if they pull it off YouTube when they go to FS1? YouTube actually much greater reach these days, and they've kind of lost their niche of golf being available to cord cutters.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 09:50 AM   #758
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobasew19 View Post
Keep it US vs the world but allow Europeans in the Presidents Cup. Would have been fun to see Mcilroy with the Koreans this past weekend.

ORRRRR like some pundits have brought up, open it up to women as well!
A mixed tournament would actually be great to see and would probably even things out quite a bit because if I'm not mistaken the international women are a bit ahead of the US women.
Old 09-28-2022, 10:33 AM   #759
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Dont knock Mypillow till you've tried it!
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 03:57 PM   #760
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mackenzie Fkn Hughes ladies and gentlemen!!!!