Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #121
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
Since this thread has been revived, what exactly is classified as dressed like a cowboy? I'm in my jeans and my plaid Wrangler button-down shirt, does that classify as "cowboy"? Sorry, "cowgirl"? Is there a certain level of cowboy-ness dressing that bothers you or is it any of it?

Anytime you have "Wrangler" on any of your clothes, you're dressed cowboy
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #122
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
This.

Also, I personally think Jeans are fine, even a checkered shirt, but I think it's pretty lame when mature professionals come to work 100% decked out with the belt buckle, boots, hat, tie thingy, bandana, etc etc.

Especially this one guy at the office... wearing a canary yellow rangler shirt. So awful. It's way brighter in person too.

alltherage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #123
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltherage View Post
Apparently the Stampede being world class was worth bringing it back up. Maybe I'm just jaded by this thing because I've been around it for the last 20+ years.
You and all these other individuals who are so jaded by the Stampede need to lighten up a bit, what did the Stampede spit in your eye and steal your girlfriend?

I said at the start of this thread and I'll say it again, you and some others don't like the Stampede, and that's fine. I know a large number of people who don't as well. However the last thing we need is you people projecting your poor attitudes on those of use who choose to embrace the Stampede and have some fun for a week. You want to sit up on your high horse and think everyone who enjoys the Stampede and dresses in western wear are '###### bags' fine, just keep your mouth shut about it.
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to J pold For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #124
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
.... or poorly.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #125
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Wrangler is wannabe Cowboy. You know you're down home western when you sport the Cinch Jeans and shirts.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy89 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #126
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J pold View Post
You and all these other individuals who are so jaded by the Stampede need to lighten up a bit, what did the Stampede spit in your eye and steal your girlfriend?

I said at the start of this thread and I'll say it again, you and some others don't like the Stampede, and that's fine. I know a large number of people who don't as well. However the last thing we need is you people projecting your poor attitudes on those of use who choose to embrace the Stampede and have some fun for a week. You want to sit up on your high horse and think everyone who enjoys the Stampede and dresses in western wear are '###### bags' fine, just keep your mouth shut about it.
Hey, why don't all you stampede lovers just stop wearing your stupid outfits and rubbing "stampede spirit" in my face so that I can try to enjoy life without it? Hahaha, why don't you just shut your mouths too?

People always will voice their own opinions. I've gotten in many a mindless debate on here. Debates, discussion, disagreements, intelligent or just fun, it's all part of what I like about CP. What kind of boring message board doesn't have clashing opinions and ideas? It's what generates discussion.

I know you in particular like to get hot headed in many cases (especially regarding my posts, which is strange) and that's fine, have your opinion, get in there... yadda yadda yadda. But if this topic really bothers people that much they should be cool with saying their pieces and letting it go without letting it devolve in to personal attacks if they can't handle it, ala "Did Stampede spit in your girlfriend's eye". Like really? That's just dumb.

Me talking about grown people dressing like 5 year olds is as valid as people talking about driving slow in the fast lane, getting low balled on kijiji, clapping in movie theatres, or any other such thing. They all involve judgement and opinions, and I'm sure there are some "movie clappers" and "slow drivers" in here, and yeah... maybe their feelings got hurt there too . Bottom line is, it's a discussion, I shared my opinion, I feel like being involved in this discussion, and that's all part of having a CP account. Awesome hey?

Now honestly, I don't really care if you "shut up" or not. Say whatever you want, man, but if I feel like answering or forging some kind of rebuttal, that's my prerogative. It helps me pass my 8 hours at work.

Last edited by alltherage; 07-08-2009 at 11:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to alltherage For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 11:13 AM   #127
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

It doesn't actually say "Wrangler" on it, you wouldn't know it was from Wrangler unless you looked at the tag. Not that I care, I was just wondering. I enjoy going on Stephen Ave during Stampede and seeing some of the ridiculous things that people dig out of their closets. I find it funny, not aggrevating.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #128
mykalberta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Personally if you wear cowboy boots and or a huge buckle (and you are not a cowboy or have any need for boots other than this week), that is over doing it IMO.

I dont consdier Wranglers or a buttun up shirt to much. I consider them funny looking.

The best was yesterday, i was out with this girl who is a clerk at a big law firm. They had some Stampede supper/party thing. One of her bosses was wearing wrangler jeans and had drawn a circle in white marker on the back pocket. I assume trying to mimic a chew container. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. I couldnt stop laughing.
mykalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mykalberta For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #129
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hey, why don't all you stampede lovers just stop wearing your stupid outfits and rubbing "stampede spirit" in my face so that I can try to enjoy life without it? Hahaha, why don't you just shut your mouths too?

People always will voice their own opinions. I've gotten in many a mindless debate on here. Debates, discussion, disagreements, intelligent or just fun, it's all part of what I like about CP. What kind of boring message board doesn't have clashing opinions and ideas? It's what generates discussion.

I know you in particular like to get hot headed in many cases (especially regarding my posts, which is strange) and that's fine, have your opinion, get in there... yadda yadda yadda. But if this topic really bothers people that much they should be cool with saying their pieces and letting it go without letting it devolve in to personal attacks if they can't handle it, ala "Did Stampede spit in your girlfriend's eye". Like really? That's just dumb.

Me talking about grown people dressing like 5 year olds is as valid as people talking about driving slow in the fast lane, getting low balled on kijiji, clapping in movie theatres, or any other such thing. They all involve judgement and opinions, and I'm sure there are some "movie clappers" and "slow drivers" in here, and yeah... maybe their feelings got hurt there too . Bottom line is, it's a discussion, I shared my opinion, I feel like being involved in this discussion, and that's all part of having a CP account. Awesome hey?

Now honestly, I don't really care if you "shut up" or not. Say whatever you want, man, but if I feel like answering or forging some kind of rebuttal, that's my prerogative. It helps me pass my 8 hours at work.
You really don't get it.
It isn't the fact that you don't like people dressing up for Stampede that has people a little riled up, I think most people couldn't care less about that, it's the fact that you're being a total jerk about it.

In just about every one of your posts, you're talking about how people who dress up are losers, or douce bags, etc. That's not discussion, that's being an A$$ H***.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bring_Back_Shantz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #130
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
You really don't get it.
It isn't the fact that you don't like people dressing up for Stampede that has people a little riled up, I think most people couldn't care less about that, it's the fact that you're being a total jerk about it.

In just about every one of your posts, you're talking about how people who dress up are losers, or douce bags, etc. That's not discussion, that's being an A$$ H***.
Fair enough, I used some loaded language. But in my defense, my first post was not as bad as people's reactions.

Perhaps I should have said "What's your opinion on wearing stampede get-ups to work?"

But then, where would all the fun in this thread be?
Old 07-08-2009, 11:34 AM   #131
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
No, it's more like a discussion about exterminating all the bears or dogs. It smacks of trolling. In that line above, you continue that style of posting by comparing what you know is a majority of CPers to 5 year olds.

Had this been a discussion about how you don't like people dressing western, and we disagreed- it would have been a 12 post thread.

And that is the odd thing, most of us know your posting style and as a general rule most of your posts are pretty solid contributions. I think that may be part of it- we are trying to figure out why you are so bitter about it; and why you are agreeing with Eric Francis about Stampede wear.

ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:41 AM   #132
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
No, it's more like a discussion about exterminating all the bears or dogs. It smacks of trolling. In that line above, you continue that style of posting by comparing what you know is a majority of CPers to 5 year olds.

Had this been a discussion about how you don't like people dressing western, and we disagreed- it would have been a 12 post thread.

And that is the odd thing, most of us know your posting style and as a general rule most of your posts are pretty solid contributions. I think that may be part of it- we are trying to figure out why you are so bitter about it; and why you are agreeing with Eric Francis about Stampede wear.

Ooooh.... low blow.

Most of my opinions are pretty strong over all. I'm a Taurus. I think everyone needs to agree with me 24/7 and I love to debate things to death. I love being devil's advocate, and I'll even argue points I don't agree with because I love to debate.

I should foster more positive debate by using less "loaded" wording I suppose?
Old 07-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #133
Flames89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
Since this thread has been revived, what exactly is classified as dressed like a cowboy? I'm in my jeans and my plaid Wrangler button-down shirt, does that classify as "cowboy"? Sorry, "cowgirl"? Is there a certain level of cowboy-ness dressing that bothers you or is it any of it?
I think boots and jeans are the two key ingredients. After that, you'd be crazy not to get wasted in a hat.
Flames89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #134
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
But if this topic really bothers people that much they should be cool with saying their pieces and letting it go without letting it devolve in to personal attacks
I'm sorry I just had to read this twice, you are trying to take the moral high-road by telling me not to resort to personal attacks? Here are just a few lines that I've pulled just from your posts in this thread.

Pot meet Kettle:

Quote:
What is wrong with people!
Quote:
I just think people have a right to know when they look like tools.

I just think when you wear that stuff to an office to be trendy or cool, you look pretty stupid.
Quote:
I am not really bothered by it, per se... I just wanted to spark a revelation that people look like idiots.

Laugh at me all you want! If some cowboy dressed fool laughs at me for dressing normal and expressing that you look like a tool, why would I care in the first place?
Quote:
Haha, Let me put it like this: Do people seriously look stupid? Yes.

What is hilarious is how angry some of the people on here got by reading that they look like tools.

I'm not miserable, I am actually quite happy in my non ###### outfit.
Quote:
Haha, aww come on. Not everyone IS a ######... sometimes they just unwittingly dress like one!
Quote:
You sound like a transvestite.

Last edited by J pold; 07-08-2009 at 11:49 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J pold For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 11:50 AM   #135
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:

Quote:
I'm sorry I just had to read this twice, you are trying to take the moral high-road by telling me not to resort to personal attacks? Here are just a few lines that I've pulled just from your posts in this thread.

Pot meet Kettle:
Notice how I never once actually single someone out? I didn't say "J pold" is a tool, ######, whatever. I said "people who dress like this" look like tools, ######s, etc.

The only person I singled out was the person who called me emo, and I called them a transvestite. Not even to burn that person with the name, but to show them how stupid it sounds to pigeon hole people down to the way they dress because of how a post sounds.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #136
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Notice how I never once actually single someone out? I didn't say "J pold" is a tool, ######, whatever. I said "people who dress like this" look like tools, ######s, etc.

The only person I singled out was the person who called me emo, and I called them a transvestite. Not even to burn that person with the name, but to show them how stupid it sounds to pigeon hole people down to the way they dress because of how a post sounds.

Oh, well that make sit better.

People who start threads about people dressing up in cowboy gear are total ldouce bags, and really need to learn how to have some fun.

Notice how I didn't single you out there?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bring_Back_Shantz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #137
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
Oh, well that make sit better.

People who start threads about people dressing up in cowboy gear seem like total ldouce bags, and really need to learn how to have some fun.

Notice how I didn't single you out there?
Fixed. Now I hope you get it.

Also, I was blanketing a large portion of people, not saying something like "people who's screen names are Bring_Back_Shantz look like tools." That still focuses on one person.

I have this feeling that you guys are just too angry and stubborn to take a step back and see that most of my posts are riddled with sarcasm and smart-ass comments. That's all they are, people. Don't get so sensi!

Last edited by alltherage; 07-08-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #138
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

No you're right you didn't single one person, you decided to say EVERYONE that wears western wear during Stampede is a "tool" or "looks stupid" or has a "###### outfit". That is a personal attack on all of those people, many of whom are on this board. And you still seem oblivious to why these people are upset and try to defend themselves. Shantz is right, you really just don't get it.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:58 AM   #139
JustAnotherGuy
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I haven't worked downtown for about 10 years. But during stampede most people wore jeans and cowboy shirts. Some added a cowboy hat and cowboy boots. Then some added more. It was all good, all in fun.

It was the people who didn't at least wear jeans and a 'cowboy' who looked foolish. I found it interesting that these people were the ones that were not team players. That they had a separate agenda from the company. They thought they were better than the other people. They usually moved on to other jobs soon enough.

That is just my observation. I am not saying anybody should be 'fired' for not dressing the part. But it does say something about them.
JustAnotherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JustAnotherGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 12:01 PM   #140
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:

Quote:
No you're right you didn't single one person, you decided to say EVERYONE that wears western wear during Stampede is a "tool" or "looks stupid" or has a "###### outfit".
Thanks, I just said that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltherage
Also, I was blanketing a large portion of people, not saying something like "people who's screen names are Bring_Back_Shantz look like tools." That still focuses on one person.

I have this feeling that you guys are just too angry and stubborn to take a step back and see that most of my posts are riddled with sarcasm and smart-ass comments. That's all they are, people. Don't get so sensi!

Last edited by alltherage; 07-08-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Tags
fashion police , feelings hurt , sirens , tools , woo woo