Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2022, 09:52 AM   #4601
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

This whole thing is such a farce, it all sounds like a plot of a 90s comedy. If WB was really thinking they shoulduld have at least tanked the film Producers style, have Batgirl sing Springtime for Hitler or something.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 12:01 PM   #4602
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I honestly thought things couldn't get worse for the DCEU after the whole Snyderverse controversy and Whedon's horrible take on the JLA.

Boy was I wrong.

I don't understand how the Rock plans to fix all of this with Black Adam, but he is sticking to his guns.
Old 08-26-2022, 09:47 AM   #4603
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

The first Transformers movie is one of the best action films of all time. It's actually really good, I think critics were way too harsh on it, it's really stood the test of time 15 years later. Are there hooky parts oh yeah but overall it's amazing. Especially the ending with Linkin Park hitting after the speech by Optimus Prime so so good.
Old 08-26-2022, 09:59 AM   #4604
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I agree the first Transformers a fun action movie that holds up if you’d consider it a one-off.

The rest are pure self parody. Including the Linkin Park themes. I loved me some Linkin Park but all those Transformers themes sounded the same
Old 08-26-2022, 10:02 AM   #4605
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't seen all the sequels but I agree none of the ones I've seen hold up to the first. Bumblebee is actually pretty good as well.
Old 08-26-2022, 10:04 AM   #4606
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
I heard that if they actually destroy the footage, and can PROVE that they did, they get an even bigger writeoff, so that option is on the table, too.
They should release an Office Space style video destroying the footage.
Old 08-28-2022, 09:54 AM   #4607
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Black Adam better be great, and hopefully they don't waste Dr.Fate. at least they nailed his look.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1563633738042318849
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2022, 09:57 AM   #4608
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I've always found Dr Fate to be kind of a cool character.

He's also ambiguous enough that you could tweak his character a bit to make it a bit more "mainstream" and less goofy.
sa226 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sa226 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2022, 09:38 AM   #4609
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
This whole thing is such a farce, it all sounds like a plot of a 90s comedy. If WB was really thinking they shoulduld have at least tanked the film Producers style, have Batgirl sing Springtime for Hitler or something.
Disagree.

In this age of inclusiveness for all they're finally giving us Heroes that we can all identify with!

Maybe not the Hero we deserve, but the Hero we need right now...

"Taxman!!"

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 10:37 AM   #4610
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
I think people are making way too big of a deal out of it. It was never even intended to be a full feature film. It's less than an hour and of medium quality, better than the tv stuff but below the quality of a movie. With them making the decision to cancel the Arrowverse, it makes sense to do away with this half WB/half movie concept.

Basically, the only thing that sets Batgirl apart from the plethora of pilots that crash and burn was the budget. Even then, I don't trust the reported budget numbers as it seems to be part of some very creative accounting to maximize a write off during this major studio merger.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 10:40 AM   #4611
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Wait, what? WB spent $70 million on a sub hour long movie? It wasn’t even feature length? I’d never heard that before.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 10:48 AM   #4612
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Wait, what? WB spent $70 million on a sub hour long movie? It wasn’t even feature length? I’d never heard that before.
No....I'm wrong. It was initially supposed to be 60 minutes, but then expanded at some point to full length when it got a bigger budget.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2022, 09:02 AM   #4613
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I got a Dr. Fate action figure for Christmas in the 80's and honestly had no idea who he was, lol. I think my parents just assumed I liked him as he was part of that DC Super Power's line with all my other favourites.

I ended up collecting the comics and he became one of my favourite DC characters. He was like a combination of Spock and Merlin from Sword in the Stone.

Excited to see him on the big screen.
Old 08-31-2022, 10:56 AM   #4614
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Fate was a terrific addition to the DCAU when Justice League: Unlimited was on. That's pretty much my only exposure to him, but he ended up one of my favorite characters on that show
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 11:02 AM   #4615
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

ODED FEHR IS STILL ALIVE YOU ####ING DWEEBS AND YOU DO HIM DIRTY LIKE THIS!?!?!

Also, yeah, Transformers 1 was legit. A lot of critics spoke very highly of it. I think Ebert said once you realize it's a movie about a boy and his car (think American Graffiti) on steroids it all starts to come together.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2022, 04:41 PM   #4616
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bumblebee did the transforming properly.

Just redo the transforming effects in the other movies and they improve 24.56%.
Old 09-01-2022, 05:28 PM   #4617
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

She-Hulk 3 was also pretty good.

I like IMDB ratings for the most part, but on this show it looks like I'm going to have to ignore them entirely.

This show knows what its about and hits its beats perfectly. Its a fun half-hour.

Although, caveat to that...its not a half-hour. I get that its designed to be sort of a throwback sit-com kind of thing, but 2 minutes of flashbacks to last-week's episode at the beginning and nearly 5 minutes of end credits leaves this show as really short.

Still fun though!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 07:36 PM   #4618
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Lol yeah She-Hulk is lots of fun.

Not quite Kate Bishop/Yelena Belova fun but still fun.
Old 09-07-2022, 11:10 PM   #4619
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

It should be a big weekend for nerd announcements.

Tomorrow is Star Trek Day (the anniversary of the Original Series premiere) and it's expected we could get teasers/trailers for the next seasons of Discovery, Picard, and Strange New Worlds, plus possibly announcements for the next Kelvinverse film and/or the Section 31 series (if that's still happening) or other previously unknown projects.

Tomorrow is also Disney+ Day. I don't know if there will be any announcements, but this weekend is also D23 Expo in Anaheim, where Disney is expected to make a whole bunch of announcements. The Lucasfilm/Marvel/20th Century Fox Studios panel will be Saturday morning. We could get some new trailers for Ahsoka or Mando, maybe an Obi-Wan season 2 announcement or something about the next Star Wars theatrical release. Could we get a first look at Indy 5? On the MCU side, a Fantastic Four casting announcement is expected (Jodie Comer is rumoured to be playing Sue Storm). They could also fill in some of the blanks on the Phase 5 schedule (X-Men?).
Old 09-09-2022, 08:24 AM   #4620
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1568037768089026563
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post: