Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2018, 01:56 PM   #21
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meh. We'll see.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:59 PM   #22
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Glad the north didn't get nuked now?
nope

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2018, 05:06 PM   #23
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
nope
Wow.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:16 PM   #24
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
nope
Disgusting comment.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:06 PM   #25
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
nope
Again, Girly, you're hoping for the deaths of thousands, likely millions of innocent people every time you say this. It's a little unnerving.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2018, 08:24 PM   #26
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

GirlySports. The Henry Kissinger of CP.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:32 PM   #27
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

The North has killed millions as well and is/was a threat to kill millions more.

I support peace and the new changes. I never thought I'd see a North Korean leader on South Korean soil in my lifetime. I don't hope for war but if they refuse to cooperate, you gotta nuke them (or threaten to). I'm glad they are cooperating.

It's personal for me so I'm not rational here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2018, 10:38 PM   #28
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have they really affected anybody outside of NK except for the stress that it would cause people near the border?
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:24 PM   #29
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The North has killed millions as well and is/was a threat to kill millions more.

I support peace and the new changes. I never thought I'd see a North Korean leader on South Korean soil in my lifetime. I don't hope for war but if they refuse to cooperate, you gotta nuke them (or threaten to). I'm glad they are cooperating.

Can we at least find a place between rational and genocidal?
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:29 PM   #30
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thread needs a poll, glass parking lot vs. peace talks.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:33 AM   #31
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

Trump hasn't directly gotten involved yet...wait until he joins in and makes a mess of it.

I don't see any reason for NK to give up any of its 'power' unless the US/Korea/Japan agree to a major rebalancing of military resources (e.g. no US troops in Korea) and that is...unlikely.

There is a long way to go before this really makes anyone safer...

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
Fozzie_DeBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:09 AM   #32
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have a fear that it is a false dove. While I want so hard to believe.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 11:00 AM   #33
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzie_DeBear View Post
Trump hasn't directly gotten involved yet...wait until he joins in and makes a mess of it.

I don't see any reason for NK to give up any of its 'power' unless the US/Korea/Japan agree to a major rebalancing of military resources (e.g. no US troops in Korea) and that is...unlikely.

There is a long way to go before this really makes anyone safer...
As others have said, when Kim went to see China last month they told him they're tired of everything and they cannot go against the US to hold up North Korea. Find a solution.

Also when North Korea went to the Winter Games, it was a 'oh ####' moment.

Old 04-29-2018, 01:46 PM   #34
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I get that you consider this personal, but "you gotta nuke them" is foolish.

Also, anyone that has spent anytime around war even on the periphery would "hope for war".

I wonder how a threat in '93 would have read during the unification of East and West Germany.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 02:34 PM   #35
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

From what I have read NK wants the Americans off the peninsula and a guarantee of security with the end game being reunification under NK. Since that is not going to happen, Nukes are the only thing that give them security, which is why dropping them would be somewhat irrational.

I think that this is a PR stunt and that unless China is really willing to shake this regime up (maybe the DPRK stays and the Kims go) then this will amount to a nothing burger (nothing kimchee?)

Old 04-29-2018, 02:35 PM   #36
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I get that you consider this personal, but "you gotta nuke them" is foolish.

Also, anyone that has spent anytime around war even on the periphery would "hope for war".

I wonder how a threat in '93 would have read during the unification of East and West Germany.
The history is very different. East Germany never threatened or attacked West Germany or the United States. They never claimed West Germany to be theirs.

North Korea claims to be the real Korea and will dumb down and starve their people to believe it. "South Korea only exists because of the American bastards" It's like your wife being held captive.

I think now they have reached the point of no return because the South is so much superior that they can't hide that fact anymore as the world becomes more and more open and globalized. And most importantly, China doesn't have their back anymore. China is on the American's side.

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 02:59 PM   #37
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
The history is very different. East Germany never threatened or attacked West Germany or the United States. They never claimed West Germany to be theirs.

North Korea claims to be the real Korea and will dumb down and starve their people to believe it. "South Korea only exists because of the American bastards" It's like your wife being held captive.

I think now they have reached the point of no return because the South is so much superior that they can't hide that fact anymore as the world becomes more and more open and globalized. And most importantly, China doesn't have their back anymore. China is on the American's side.
and therefore......hopefully millions of innocent people die?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:31 PM   #38
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I'm sorry to chime in, it's the Kim regime that had killed millions, not the innocent civilians. Hoping someone, someday will overthrow and executing the Kim's is fine. But just a blanket statement of nuking NK and killing everyone there is not. Doesn't matter how personal it is.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:21 PM   #39
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

I don't even think that nuking NK is militarily necessary...maybe tactical nukes to take out the artillery pointed at Seoul and nuclear launch sites but other than that, there is no need (I think MOABs etc would probably get the job done). The NK military kit is older than Iraq's (by a lot) and they don't have the ability to logistically support any offensive operations for very long. All it really can do is create temporary carnage with artillery (loaded with nerve agents) and sleeper agents. Their conventional forces would be creamed in any offensive operation...although they would be tough on defence.

If things get hot...NK won't last very long at all (assuming China doesn't provide support). And I don't think that nukes would expedite the end result very much.

I wish they would just bribe the regime to go into exile in China and extend the DMZ to the Chinese border for the next 50 years.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:10 PM   #40
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am sure North Korea will still use the threat of .proliferation to extort "aid" money. As everyone knows, their test facilities are now useless, but I don't expect them to just become nicey-nicey now.

Trump won the lottery with this one, at least for the time being. At the very least I hope that people in North Korea at least start to question the Kim dynasty a little and realize that they are not as strong as they are indoctrinated to believe.