Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:
Default Thinking of Selling? Window of opportunity!

I have had a few inquiries over the last week on timing to sell.

With inventory levels remaining low and plenty of buyers from 2013 still looking, it might not be a bad idea to consider selling in January and February. Inventory levels should rise come spring. This creates more competition when selling your home but is often balanced out by the influx of new buyers.
Prior years have Dec, Jan and Feb as less ideal times to sell your home however this year is slightly unique in the amount of buyers still looking for the right place and lack of inventory. I am still coming across numerous properties that involve multiple offers which is unheard of for this time of year!
Once you sell you will want access to the increased spring inventory. We can negotiate a 3 months possession and gives you the opportunity to have a firm deal in place + have months to find a new home!

Message/email me for a no obligation market assessment of your property. I can have my marketing team in on a moments notice to prepare for the sale.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 01:17 PM   #2
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

I agree with Travis. Most years I would say sale prices tend to increase in the Spring and Summer, but this year is unusual, and homes are selling quickly now, sometimes with multiple offers.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
lorenavedon
Backup Goalie

Exp:

there is a lack of quality listings out there are good prices. That's what instantly sells and gets multiple offers. There are PLENTY of stale old listings that have been on the market for months or longer. Nice places too just way overpriced. If your stuff isn't priced right it doesn't matter how awesome it is, it just won't sell. Currently people seems to be listing stuff and hoping they win the lottery by reeling in some greater fool sucker that's willing to overpay. Most aren't really serious about selling or need to sell.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Is being a good time to sell, mutually exclusive to being a bad time to buy?

I just ask because my brother and his wife were advised that now, before spring is the better time to buy. Like you say, houses that they like are getting snapped up.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Its not a bad time to buy....there is just much less to choose from than what you could expect in the spring. That said, its never to early to be set up on my system that emails you new listings before they are view able to the public.
Client send me the criteria, I plug it into the system and then they only receive such listings. The "good" listings are picked up quickly so having the opportunity to see listings as they come on the market gives the buyer a huge advantage!

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 01-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
mykalberta
Franchise Player

Exp:

My wife had an interest in a rental property that they just closed on before Christmas. They had gone through other realators in the past who over priced a suburb single car garage home and no bites.

They decided to use the one me and my wife used and he priced it competitively and it got 2 offers and the house sold. We asked before listing as multiple different listing times on the MLS report doesnt look great - he said that this market was a great time to get rid of marginal properties.

It seems that there are alot more buyers out than this time in previous years. Normally if you wanted to sell "high" you only listed in spring or after august long weekend.

For buyers I would worry about getting discouraged at what is available if they started looking now and thought this was the best that was out there and so they were sort of forced into a purchasing situation. If you arent lowballing offers in Jan and Feb then just wait if you can and more will come on the market IMO