Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2018, 05:50 PM   #181
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

So glad the prognosis is favourable.

A good reminder for everyone to take care of themselves and their loved ones.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 05:56 PM   #182
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

You’ve created a great community here, Bingo. I’m rooting for you!
Rick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:47 PM   #183
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Yep, obviously this won't mean much now as you've got way more important things to think about in the now, but you should be proud that you've built the best NHL AND local discussion message board in the hockey world.

Most people/groups dream of nailing one of those let alone both. It's pretty incredible really.

Last edited by jayswin; 05-26-2018 at 07:50 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:46 AM   #184
Go_Flames4ever
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Sorry to hear the news Bingo, but it sounds like this punk is beatable so that's a relief. Best of luck in your fight with cancer!
Go_Flames4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:10 AM   #185
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Very relieving to here that this is beatable. The word cancer is down right scary.

My thoughts and prayers are behind you and your family Bingo. God bless and good luck!
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:47 AM   #186
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

You certainly have a lot of things in your favor that will allow you to win this battle. Thanks for sharing the story, it might help another them identify another unicorn in the future. Looking forward to seeing you come out of this stronger than ever.

All the best to you and your family as you battle through this.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:37 AM   #187
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Two days in and I'm slaying chemo so far! So a huge start to the process. I'm cocky but not arrogant enough to not think there are tough days coming, but so far pretty much symptom free ... but still on lock-down from the warden.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 73 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
3thirty, bc-chris, BeltlineFan, Biff, Bingo Jr., bluck, Calgary4LIfe, CalgaryFan1988, CaptainCrunch, CASe333, cavalera403, Chingas, chummer, CrunchBite, CSharp, Dion, Displaced Flames fan, droopydrew19, Erick Estrada, Fire, FlamesNation23, FLAMESRULE, Flickered Flame, ForeverFlameFan, Fuzz, gargamel, Gaskal, GreenHardHat, Hanna Sniper, Hey Connor, It's Mess, HockeyPuck, Homeslice, iamca, IamNotKenKing, indes, Jay Random, jayswin, Jbo, jeffporfirio, Jiggy_12, Jiri Hrdina, jkflames, justing, KiwiFlame, KootenayFlamesFan, Lanny'sDaMan, Madman, mikephoen, Mustache, nobesey, nomad, OldSam, psyang, Puppet Guy, Red Slinger, Rjcsjc62, Royle9, savardandjokinen, schteve_d, Sidney Crosby's Hat, Slacker, Stillman16, Stochansky, Strange Brew, Tabaracci_31, TheScorpion, the_only_turek_fan, Travis Munroe, tvp2003, VilleN, Vinny01, Wormius, zztim81
Old 05-27-2018, 10:59 AM   #188
nieuwy-89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Best wishes Bingo. It sounds like you have a great attitude and support system in place. Glad to hear it is going well so far.
nieuwy-89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:01 AM   #189
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Best of luck Bingo! You got this!
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:12 AM   #190
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Way to go Bingo, keep laughing and beating that cancer back as it comes at you until it wimps out and slinks away.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:18 AM   #191
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Two days in and I'm slaying chemo so far! So a huge start to the process. I'm cocky but not arrogant enough to not think there are tough days coming, but so far pretty much symptom free ... but still on lock-down from the warden.
You're dodging the important information.

Do you get suckers when you leave?
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:18 AM   #192
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
The mystical thing for me is how I caught it. We have a place in Windermere, but I grew up there in the summers with my mom, my best times as a child. I was out there in September doing some work in our house when I rammed some ply wood into my breast plate causing a searing hot pain through my body. That led to a lump and then an ultra sound a week after the Boomer/Warrener hockey draft. Without that injury I may have been much further along.
If that isn't a sign that you have someone watching over you and you're meant to beat this, I don't know what is.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:23 AM   #193
La Flames Fan
THE Chuck Storm

Exp:

Man, this is a great community. You've created something incredible, reading all these is amazing.

D'arcy: Kick some a** man, you got this!
Old 05-27-2018, 11:30 AM   #194
FlamesNation23
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Best of luck bingo!!! We are all rooting for you to kick cancers a**!
FlamesNation23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:43 AM   #195
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The first couple treatments for my father went fairly well, but it's the next handful of treatments that start to get you. Mind you, he said that getting blood transfusions were way worse than the chemo. On the overall, he said that it wasn't too bad and was definitely significantly less bad than he was expecting.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:00 PM   #196
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

You got this man. Rootin for ya! Eff to the You to the CK Cancer!
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 01:35 PM   #197
Bingo Jr.
Bingo's Official Offspring
Yes My Dad Knows I'm Here

Exp:

You got this Dad!
Bingo Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 101 Users Say Thank You to Bingo Jr. For This Useful Post:
3thirty, AC, alexle, Azhouse, bc-chris, BeltlineFan, Biff, bluck, Caged Great, Calgary4LIfe, calgarybornnraised, CalgaryFan1988, calgarywinning, Cali Panthers Fan, Cecil Terwilliger, chummer, CofR, Completely, CroFlames, CrunchBite, CSharp, Cycling76er, darockwilder, devo22, Dion, DownhillGoat, droopydrew19, Erick Estrada, Fire, FireFly, flamesfever, flamesgod, FlamesNation23, FlamingLonghorn, Flickered Flame, Frequitude, FurnaceFace, Fuzz, gargamel, Gaskal, GoFlamesGo89, GreatWhiteEbola, GreenHardHat, guzzy, habernac, HockeyPuck, Homeslice, Huntingwhale, I-Hate-Hulse, IamNotKenKing, iggy_oi, indes, jayswin, Jbo, Jetfire, Jiri Hrdina, Johnny Makarov, justing, kermitology, killer_carlson, kirant, kkaleR, KootenayFlamesFan, Lanny'sDaMan, looooob, M*A*S*H 4077, Machiavelli, MBates, mikephoen, Minnie, Mustache, N-E-B, Nammer403, OldSam, Prufrock, psyang, rayne008, redforever, Royle9, Saint Troy, savardandjokinen, schteve_d, Scornfire, Scroopy Noopers, Slacker, Snuffleupagus, Star-Lord, Stillman16, Stochansky, Strange Brew, Textcritic, TheScorpion, the_only_turek_fan, topfiverecords, transplant99, tvp2003, Tyler, Vinny01, White Out 403, Yrebmi, zztim81
Old 05-27-2018, 03:35 PM   #198
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo Jr. View Post
You got this Dad!
Best of luck to you through this process as well.

TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2018, 03:39 PM   #199
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Glad to hear your first round went well Bingo. My aunt was diagnosed 8 months ago, after a few rounds of chemo, treatment and some good luck she is now in remission. I can see you walking down the same path my friend. Love the positive attitude

Cheers,
bluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:40 PM   #200
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looking forward to arguing with you about the effect of puck luck on the Flames 30 years from now Bingo.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote