Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2019, 03:10 PM   #1061
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

If Kawhi scores 11 points tomorrow night, he becomes the 3rd highest scorer in raptors playoff history.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:38 PM   #1062
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingred89 View Post
Kawhi is absolutely the type of player that will stay in Toronto. Once the whole “are you staying” narrative ends he will be left relatively alone. Especially in the regular season when the Leafs dominate the headlines. Someone who signs with New Balance and shy’s away from the lime light doesn’t strike me as someone who wants to get wrapped up in Lebrons look at me NBA.
This is why the Clippers are still the likely destination. Low key, out of the limelight, great owner, great front office, good young roster, room to add Durant, and it's still LA. I'm fine with him leaving for anywhere that isn't the Lakers.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:44 PM   #1063
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

LOL @ Skip Bayless

Quote:
Skip Bayless
@RealSkipBayless

That game turned on the fallaway No. 2 missed so badly with 35 seconds left that Brook Lopez mis-timed a rebound he should have controlled. Bucks were down only 2. Gasol made a free throw, then Brogdon committed a killer turnover.

Now we see if the Limping Legend can stand up to the pressure of a close-out home game to get to the NBA Finals.

As I said before the series started: No. 2 has a better supporting cast than Giannis.

No. 2 wanted NO PART of having to shoot those clinching free throws. So he retreated from three Raptors trying to foul him, lobbed a dangerous pass to Lowry, who got tackled. NO FOUL CALL??? And Toronto lucked into a clinching dunk by Siakam.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:47 PM   #1064
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
This is why the Clippers are still the likely destination. Low key, out of the limelight, great owner, great front office, good young roster, room to add Durant, and it's still LA. I'm fine with him leaving for anywhere that isn't the Lakers.
If he goes to LA....it will be with the Lakers and LeBron.

Scuttlebut is that James is recruiting both Leonard and Jimmy Butler right now and has a room at the hotel the Raptors are staying tonight.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:52 PM   #1065
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why would he go to the Lakers to be LeBron's bitch? No credit when they win (LeBron gets it all), all the blame when they lose (LeBron gets none). Clippers have been the betting favorite for a long while now. Lakers are a trainwreck.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:02 PM   #1066
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Why would he go to the Lakers to be LeBron's bitch? No credit when they win (LeBron gets it all), all the blame when they lose (LeBron gets none). Clippers have been the betting favorite for a long while now. Lakers are a trainwreck.
LeBron wins championships.

Nobody on the Clippers does.

2020 NBA Championship Odds
Team
Odds
Warriors +175
Bucks +450
Rockets +1000
Celtics +1200
Sixers +1200
Clipper +1600
Knicks +1600
Lakers +1600
Raptors +1800
Nuggets +2500
Pelicans +2500
Thunder +2500
Old 05-24-2019, 04:27 PM   #1067
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

LeBron also doesn't know the meaning of low profile. Everything is a massive drama show and the media coverage will be out of control. Also, LeBron is kinda batting .333 in the Finals so he doesn't know how to win that much. He's also a Ray Allen shot and a Draymond nut kick away from batting .111. Clippers are better at everything than the Lakers right now except drawing attention and being dysfunctional. Jerry Buss isn't walking through that door, his kids are atrocious.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:45 PM   #1068
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
LeBron also doesn't know the meaning of low profile. Everything is a massive drama show and the media coverage will be out of control. Also, LeBron is kinda batting .333 in the Finals so he doesn't know how to win that much. He's also a Ray Allen shot and a Draymond nut kick away from batting .111. Clippers are better at everything than the Lakers right now except drawing attention and being dysfunctional. Jerry Buss isn't walking through that door, his kids are atrocious.
Good grief...the guy has gotten to the finals 9 times....he has won 3 of them and your holding that as a BAD thing about him?

Hey i dont disagree that the Lakers are out of sorts right now, but they still are THAT team. A team that all the guys in the league grew up watching and idolizing to various degrees during the Kobe/Artest/Fisher era. Having James and Leonard on the same team helps that club become instant contenders though.

I mean Leonard grew up in greater LA...who do you think he was cheering for, the Lakers or the Clippers?

He may go to either team, I would guess the Clippers are his second choice in that scenario though. Im guessing he would go to the Knicks over the Clippers unless he has had his ears filled with promises about who else is going to them. (Which is entirely possible as tampering is a giant thing for that league)

If he doesnt want the spotlight then he can just stay with the Raptors and get a max deal. Maybe they tell him they will go after Jimmy Butler?
Old 05-24-2019, 05:36 PM   #1069
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well if your point is LeBron knows how to win, then losing 67% of his Finals appearances isn't the most compelling argument. If Kawhi wants to win, Durant is leaving Golden State so there's a max slot there and a team who should be working on five straight rings. The past is irrelevant too, that the Lakers have a bunch of rings and LeBron made a bunch of Finals (in the East, which matters) doesn't mean much. Clippers are better at everything right now. Donald Sterling being a racist was the greatest thing to ever happen to them, they have probably the top owner/front office/coaching setup outside Golden State.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:11 PM   #1070
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingred89 View Post
Kawhi is absolutely the type of player that will stay in Toronto. Once the whole “are you staying” narrative ends he will be left relatively alone. Especially in the regular season when the Leafs dominate the headlines. Someone who signs with New Balance and shy’s away from the lime light doesn’t strike me as someone who wants to get wrapped up in Lebrons look at me NBA.
New Balance makes THE most comfortable shoes you can buy. Leonard showing Frasier Crane levels of discernment with his endorsements.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 11:12 AM   #1071
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Game Day! Go Raps!!
keenan87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:13 PM   #1072
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

19-4 in the bottom of the 9th.

Woof.

EDIT: Wait, this isn't the Jays thread.

Last edited by Joborule; 05-25-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2019, 06:15 PM   #1073
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish this game was on TSN instead of SportsNet. The TSN guys are so much better for game coverage and analysis.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:27 PM   #1074
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's a pretty simple formula tonight, keep the turnovers down and don't go too hard on the offensive glass. The Bucks have been very bad in the half court offense, so just limit the fast breaks and this should be straightforward.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:38 PM   #1075
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Denny Green picking up where he left off last game..man he can't shoot worth crap
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:38 PM   #1076
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Danny Green is garbage. Enough is enough.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2019, 06:39 PM   #1077
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Oh boy, the fans' impatience starting to become audible with Danny Green. His last missed three was the usual "ohhhh" followed closely by clear loud groaning and heckling.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:41 PM   #1078
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Danny Green is garbage. Enough is enough.
He's not garbage, he just isn't sinking shots right now. It's frustrating to watch but frankly I feel terrible for the guy. He's doing everything right up to the point he releases the ball, but can't get them to drop. Gotta be weighing on him.

I do agree they can't afford to keep giving him chances to get through it if he hasn't got it. But they did give FVV a chance to work it out and we know what happened there so I'm not sure about giving up on him either.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2019, 06:42 PM   #1079
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Sloppy by both teams.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:43 PM   #1080
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Would be nice to finish a first quarter not down 10.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote