Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Ivrnet

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #61
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player
 
VladtheImpaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

WTF are you guys going on about? The Chinese leader played himself on Veep - that is pretty "free speechy."
__________________
Cordially as always,
Vlad the Impaler

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:24 PM   #62
Johnny Makarov
First Line Centre
 
Johnny Makarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
WTF are you guys going on about? The Chinese leader played himself on Veep - that is pretty "free speechy."
?? Umm that wasn't him. That was Jackie Chan's boss from Rush Hour.

Or are you saying that they all look alike?ouch
__________________
AKA Sergei Gaudreau ‘Jeez, he really does loves Skittles.’ ”
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:28 PM   #63
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player
 
VladtheImpaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
?? Umm that wasn't him. That was Jackie Chan's boss from Rush Hour.

Or are you saying that they all look alike?ouch
Really? That wasn't Xi? Oh man, I am silly.
__________________
Cordially as always,
Vlad the Impaler

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:31 PM   #64
Johnny Makarov
First Line Centre
 
Johnny Makarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
Really? That wasn't Xi? Oh man, I am silly.
He was in Christopher Robbin though with Ewan MacGregor.
__________________
AKA Sergei Gaudreau ‘Jeez, he really does loves Skittles.’ ”
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Makarov For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2019, 03:01 PM   #65
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender
 
northcrunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Exp:
Default

Barrens chat is WoW classic has been spammed with "free hong kong" and "Chuck Norris to Liberate Hong Kong"
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:25 PM   #66
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets
 
Hemi-Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: slightly to the left
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
Barrens chat is WoW classic has been spammed with "free hong kong" and "Chuck Norris to Liberate Hong Kong"

Yet those players keep giving Blizzard money, they're worse than the "thoughts & prayers" crowd on Facebook
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:50 PM   #67
Robo
#1 Goaltender
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Edmonton,AB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Yet those players keep giving Blizzard money, they're worse than the "thoughts & prayers" crowd on Facebook
They could have cancelled their subscription and still have time left on it... you never know. Anyways I completely deleted my blizzard account and will not be buying anything from them anymore. Not that it is a big loss to them but oh well
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:03 PM   #68
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets
 
Hemi-Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: slightly to the left
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
They could have cancelled their subscription and still have time left on it... you never know. Anyways I completely deleted my blizzard account and will not be buying anything from them anymore. Not that it is a big loss to them but oh well

Ya same, there is such a deluge of great games out now that I have no qualms about not giving any more money to such a spineless ####stain of a company like Blizzard
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2019, 05:45 PM   #69
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender
 
northcrunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
They could have cancelled their subscription and still have time left on it... you never know. Anyways I completely deleted my blizzard account and will not be buying anything from them anymore. Not that it is a big loss to them but oh well
That + Blizzard had an "error" where people were unable to cancel their subscription. Convenient.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:58 PM   #70
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player
 
FlamesAddiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Vancouver
Exp:
Default

And here I thought Diablo 3 was the worst thing Blizzard ever did.
__________________
"A pessimist thinks things can't get any worse. An optimist knows they can."
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:12 PM   #71
GGG
Franchise Player
 
GGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Yet those players keep giving Blizzard money, they're worse than the "thoughts & prayers" crowd on Facebook
The goal is to get China to ban Blizzard products by making it anti-social. They banned Winnie the Pooh for being associated with making fun of Xi. It also could force Blizzard to ban more people which makes there actions stay in the news longer and hurt them more in the wider gaming community

So making the Chinese ovwrwatch character a pro Hong Kong meme and flooded blizzard services with pro Hong Kong messaging actually could do something.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:26 AM   #72
Resolute 14
One of many who is too boring; thinks that there should be rules regarding grammar in custom user titles, and also makes moderators wonder if there is a charachter limit here. I mean come on- you would think that would be a limitation in the software
 
Resolute 14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
And here I thought Diablo 3 was the worst thing Blizzard ever did.
Diablo III is actually fantastic these days.

Alas, my Switch copy of the game is likely the last thing i'll be buying from Activision-Blizzard for a long time.
__________________

Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 09:15 AM   #73
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player
 
PsYcNeT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Marseilles Of The Prairies
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
The goal is to get China to ban Blizzard products by making it anti-social. They banned Winnie the Pooh for being associated with making fun of Xi. It also could force Blizzard to ban more people which makes there actions stay in the news longer and hurt them more in the wider gaming community

So making the Chinese ovwrwatch character a pro Hong Kong meme and flooded blizzard services with pro Hong Kong messaging actually could do something.
Except Chinese players have to go through VPNs to play on EU/Oceanic/NA servers.

China has had their own sequestered (read: not available to players outside China) servers since BC or WOTLK; Blizz has scrubbed or altered content from the game to appease Chinese censors for more than a decade.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 10-11-2019, 09:40 AM   #74
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets
 
Hemi-Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: slightly to the left
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Except Chinese players have to go through VPNs to play on EU/Oceanic/NA servers.

China has had their own sequestered (read: not available to players outside China) servers since BC or WOTLK; Blizz has scrubbed or altered content from the game to appease Chinese censors for more than a decade.

Exactly, trying to protest in-game or co-opting a character for the protest movement is pointless, since Chinese players will never see it. The only way to protest effectively is to stop giving Blizzard money and try to get friends/family to do the same. Make the brand toxic in the western world, like Huawei has become
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:13 AM   #75
The Yen Man
Franchise Player
 
The Yen Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Yet those players keep giving Blizzard money, they're worse than the "thoughts & prayers" crowd on Facebook
It's like a self pat on the back for doing something kinda useless. Kind of of like those guys who feel good about recycling their plastic water bottles, but continue to only buy plastic water bottles.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:17 AM   #76
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player
 
FlamesAddiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Vancouver
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Diablo III is actually fantastic these days.

Alas, my Switch copy of the game is likely the last thing i'll be buying from Activision-Blizzard for a long time.
To be honest, I haven't touched it since about a month after release. It got so repetitive and I hated how you couldn't rely on drops for the best gear.
__________________
"A pessimist thinks things can't get any worse. An optimist knows they can."
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:37 AM   #77
CroFlames
Franchise Player
 
CroFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Exp:
Default

I didn't have a gaming PC when D3 came out so I bought it on PS3. Was newly married and my wife and I played it coop (not online). When reaper of souls came out, we had such a blast on console I bought it for PS4 instead of PC, even though I had one at this point.

Coop on console is tons of fun (for us anyway). Highly recommend despite Blizzard being dicks.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:50 AM   #78
jeffman
Powerplay Quarterback
 
jeffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Exp:
Default

I’m still buying Warcraft 3 remake I don’t care if it’s not politically correct to do so
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 01:36 PM   #79
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets
 
Hemi-Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: slightly to the left
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffman View Post
I’m still buying Warcraft 3 remake I don’t care if it’s not politically correct to do so
This might be the only case where it's morally justifiable to pirate the game instead of buying it
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #80
jeffman
Powerplay Quarterback
 
jeffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
This might be the only case where it's morally justifiable to pirate the game instead of buying it
Oh cool does that mean I can go do massive theft of nba jerseys at jersey city? I mean it’s for a hip cause! Thank you mr hemi cuda sir!
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffman For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:08 AM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016