Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2016, 09:45 AM   #61
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I found the 100-110 no worse than any other expac, mind you I'm not sure if we had less XP for beta. I like that you can choose which zone to start in, and not be forced to go the same way as everyone else, that should make the start of the xpac smoother since you can be in one of 5 different zones to start out with.
That should really help with the zones not being all clogged up right when the expansion goes live. I've found it is really easy to make gold now. I think for the first time ever I have all my fast flying training.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:07 PM   #62
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've signed back up and pre-ordered...so that means I get to play around with the Demon Hunter class today.

It's a lot of fun, if you like melee characters. I do, so this is enjoyable.

You start off in your own area, at level 98. By the time you leave, you'll likely be around l00 or so. The changes to the area (esp having 4-5 people able to tap the same 'normal' mob) make for a much more pleasant and speedier leveling time, especially in a crowded area. The only time I was waiting today was for some of the big, optional baddies to respawn...and they usually did within 2 minutes.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:39 PM   #63
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
I've signed back up and pre-ordered...so that means I get to play around with the Demon Hunter class today.

It's a lot of fun, if you like melee characters. I do, so this is enjoyable.

You start off in your own area, at level 98. By the time you leave, you'll likely be around l00 or so. The changes to the area (esp having 4-5 people able to tap the same 'normal' mob) make for a much more pleasant and speedier leveling time, especially in a crowded area. The only time I was waiting today was for some of the big, optional baddies to respawn...and they usually did within 2 minutes.
That sounds like fun. I like that they start at 98 so you don't have to waste the level 100 boost to boost up a demon hunter.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:07 AM   #64
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have now played through the DH storyline for both factions (it's slightly different-ish)

I have also played through the "lead in to Legion" storylines/quests for both factions.

I'm pretty impressed overall. I've always been a fan of the various lore bits, and this looks like it'll be some fascinating stuff.

I also discovered that you can only have ONE Demon Hunter per realm...so choose your faction and look carefully.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:18 AM   #65
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Warchief is dead! Long live the Warchief!
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 12:57 PM   #66
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Played through all the pre-expansion stuff yesterday, and they've done a great job setting the stage for the expansion story wise. They aren't screwing around anymore, with some major characters getting into to the thick of things. I'm not a fan of Jaina's character at this point, though.

If you've read the Warcraft Chronicle book, then you'll get lots of nice tie-ins here. I'm definitely more interested in all the story implications of the dungeons and raids this time versus Draenor. I liked Draenor's premise a lot, but couldn't catch the tie-in to the overall story that the dungeons provided in the same way. They felt just...there, really. Same problem with Cataclysm.
Mazrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:50 AM   #67
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished a levelling project with a friend. We both created Mages (for the Teleport/Portals, really) and wanted to see how long and/if/or we could get them to 100.

It took almost exactly 26 hours /played to get them to 100. We quested until 10, then that's when you are allowed to start taking part in Invasions, so we did exclusively Invasions after that point. The XP is that good.

If you have a lvl 90, and want to get it to 100...it'll take about 13-16 Invasions, depending on how lucky/good you are at staying alive. You only get XP for the mobs if you are alive and have tapped them. If you are dead or alive and haven't tapped them (or tapped them again, after coming back from the dead) then no xp for you.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:26 AM   #68
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Just finished a levelling project with a friend. We both created Mages (for the Teleport/Portals, really) and wanted to see how long and/if/or we could get them to 100.

It took almost exactly 26 hours /played to get them to 100. We quested until 10, then that's when you are allowed to start taking part in Invasions, so we did exclusively Invasions after that point. The XP is that good.

If you have a lvl 90, and want to get it to 100...it'll take about 13-16 Invasions, depending on how lucky/good you are at staying alive. You only get XP for the mobs if you are alive and have tapped them. If you are dead or alive and haven't tapped them (or tapped them again, after coming back from the dead) then no xp for you.
Were you finishing the invasion or resetting at stage 3? If you reset you can just keep repeating the high XP stages.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:31 AM   #69
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Were you finishing the invasion or resetting at stage 3? If you reset you can just keep repeating the high XP stages.
Don't know how to reset the Invasions. We were finishing each one at whatever stage we came into it (The 'worst' was when you'd come in just after S3 started, we found).
Old 08-26-2016, 01:28 PM   #70
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Reset by leaving zone or logging out and back in.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:11 PM   #71
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I tried the leaving the zone thing once when my buddy and I were working on a different pairing (before our project idea) and it didn't seem to work.

Logging in and out should defo do it, though. Good thought.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:56 PM   #72
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:42 PM   #73
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

These invasions have really helped levelling. My spriest is now 100 and I've levelled a druid on a new server from 1 to 61 in a week and a half just playing a couple invasions a day.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:26 AM   #74
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Anyone taking the day off to do legion?
Old 08-30-2016, 12:11 PM   #75
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
Anyone taking the day off to do legion?
I haven't, though I was on my 'longover', my mid-tour swap from day shift to night shift, so I got to pound out a few last levels with a friend I was levelling with, then when he called it for the night, I waited the 1/2 hour to the swap over and played some.

The starting areas were smooth and interesting, with a lot of the salient bits instanced or scenario'ed so there weren't tons of people around. I haven't gotten into any of the areas yet (getting all my 100's those awesome artifact weapons first before deciding who to go with).

So far, enjoying it quite a bit.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:49 PM   #76
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Not too far in so far, but damn...story wise Blizzard isn't screwing around. Some pretty serious things happening!
Mazrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:58 AM   #77
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yeah the story line seems really good. Just did the quest to get my artifact weapon last night and I don't remember any quests being so interesting.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:38 PM   #78
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
Yeah the story line seems really good. Just did the quest to get my artifact weapon last night and I don't remember any quests being so interesting.
Yup me too. Ended up playing to 1AM. Work sucks today but haven't been pulled in like that for awhile
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:45 PM   #79
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hit 110 yesterday evening. Time to finish my order hall quests today and start doing world quests.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:32 PM   #80
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
Hit 110 yesterday evening. Time to finish my order hall quests today and start doing world quests.
0.o

Dayum, man.